9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jbp8653
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbp8653.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hello! Was playing Corvette tonight and noticed the route 66 ramp diverter was not working correctly. It was not opening to let ball go to back of pin when "race day" came on. I checked it out and noticed there are 2 screws that hold the aluminum gate to rod. The top screw was gone and the bottom one was so loose that when solinoid spun rod to open gate the gate would hardly move. Luckily I found the lost screw in cabinet when I raised playfield. I had to take the rod and gate out of the machine to tighten screws as I could not get even a really short phillips in there to turn them. If I had a 90 degree phillips that might of worked. Anyway, put it all back together and now the gate doesn't seem to want to open all the way. It closes ok but it is just short of going all the way to the other side of the ramp.Is there some kind of adjustment I don't know about? I think I put it back together right. The rod has a flat spot on it so the set screw can hold tight. The only other variable that I can think of is the arm the slides on the rod and is connected to solinoid with the spring. It can go on the rod in 2 different ways. I slid it on the rod with the arm part facing the bottom of the cabinet. Any ideas?

#2 9 years ago

To the top!!!!!!!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Don't own a Corvette but am assuming it's the same as all other diverters like this. It sounds as though you may have locked the shaft in with the coil fully at rest but the diverter not in it's home place.
I try to hold the coil fully engaged (by hand as the game should be off). Then lock the diverter in place to the spot where it makes the ball travel smooth to the diverted lane. Then when I release the coil it goes back to it's resting spot. Sometimes you just have to play with them a bit. Also check to make sure there isn't any binding as sometimes they can bind up if you get them just a little off.

Thank you! I will give that a try........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbp8653.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-ramp-diverter-question?tu=jbp8653 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.