Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F80F1CB9-C272-40CE-A51A-296644E35EAB (resized).jpeg
45BCD8B1-831A-4582-A797-ADE3CC1A3748 (resized).jpeg
45D9B3B1-9881-4C35-A75A-9FBFA79F67E2 (resized).jpeg
BF89A8CB-E047-4DA4-BA5C-3ECAA65EB963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20170319_190833493 (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kawydud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 7 years ago

I had issues with my racetrack after a league night. The left car would go up the track and you could hear the motor still going. During test I found that the upper opto was not registering after the car left the bottom opto. The track uses two different types of optos. When the car is in the parked position, the lower opto just recognizes that the car is back at ground zero, it just breaks the beam. The upper optos actually measure the movement of the car, they count how many times the opto is made and broken. Mine had a bad upper opto since it wasn't measuring that the car was moving. If the car on the left moves up the track and then the test fails, it would be an issue with the upper opto. If the left car never moves to begin with, there is probably something wrong with the lower opto.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I replaced both boards with the Great Lakes Modular set so I hope that's not the problem, but I will check the opto readings in test mode once I get the track to work again.

Put it in test mode and see if it is breaking the opto signal at the start position. If it isn't, the car won't ever move.

1 week later
#40 7 years ago

I would put it in test mode, but manually turn the wheel and watch the opto count, maybe the new boards are registering too many counts every time the wheel makes and breaks the opto. I have extra optos for my board, should be able to rebuild your original ones if you want.

#42 7 years ago

you can manually turn the wheels when you have the cables off the wheels. It comes apart pretty easily. That was how I tested mine to make sure it was registering properly.

2 weeks later
#51 7 years ago

I'll try and get some pics tonight of mine in test.

#52 7 years ago

I tested mine tonight, when the cars return to the bottom they register both squares.

9 months later
#63 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Hello my old friends, I'm back, but not for a good reason. I thought i updated this thread over the summer when a friend and I did some diagnosing with my racetrack in his game, but I guess I didn't. I took my racetrack over to a friend's house who has a nice Corvette. We put my reproduction boards in his track and had the same problem I did with my racetrack in my game. We then put his factory track boards in my track, installed in his game and it worked properly. We came to the conclusion the reproduction boards I had were bad. I ordered a new reproduction set from Mad Amusements I believe it was. I got them over the summer and I didn't put them in until this weekend because I had summer projects going on, new pins in the house and Corvette was pushed off into the corner. Now that winter is fully upon us I installed the new boards in my track and put the track in the game. I thought for sure it was going to be fixed and I would be back to playing a fully functional Corvette. On my first test it screwed up and did just like it did before with the previous boards.
I am thinking it's either a bad connection in my game on the harness, a bad wire in my game, another bad racetrack board or those reproduction boards just flat out were designed wrong and don't work. Does anyone have any experience using the Great Lakes Modular boards? I guess my next step is to find a set of factory racetrack boards, but I'm not thoroughly convinced that is the problem at this point, might be something in my game, but the reproduction board in my friends game had the same result/error as in my game.
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Do you have all of the original boards? I have extra optos that I ordered when fixing my boards. If you want to send them, I take a crack at repairing them and testing them in my Corvette.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I am not sure, it's been over a year since I swapped them out, but I don't think I would have thrown them away. They had some previous repairs done on them and a friend that helps me with board stuff recommended getting the replacement boards instead of messing with the originals. I can look for them and if I can find them would definitely take you up on your offer. Thanks!

Sounds good, just shoot me a message if you find them.

9 months later
#85 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Update: the never-ending racetrack saga may have come to an end, finally I ordered new 5-legged optos for the opto count board from Marco and one of my good pinball buddies installed them for me. I put the track back together last night and it didn't work at first; the red car would go to the top and the motor would keep going. I went into test mode and it didn't show the home position so I got one of my Great Lakes Modular home boards, installed it, ran the test and it passed a couple times so I went to test it in game mode. I really wasn't expecting it to work because of everything we went through with no luck, but I ran the race in various ways about 10 or more times with the glass off then played the race track mode at least 10 times in true game play and it worked great!
When my friend got my board he tested everything and it all tested ok, but he went ahead and installed the optos to try it out. I called him last night with the good news and he said a couple of the through holes for the optos looked a little rough so he worked his magic and did an install method that beefed up the connection.
Thanks to everyone who offered their help and advice in getting this fixed! Since this game has been down so long and it's back from the dead it's almost like getting a new game!

Glad it is now working the way it should.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kawydud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-racetrack-problem?tu=kawydud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.