Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Sammy31
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LODRS_3-2_072.jpg
th-4.jpeg

#1 6 years ago

Going to check out a CL listed "excellent condition" Corvette this weekend. What is a good price (for me) and what should I look out for on this title?

Thanks guys.

#2 6 years ago

What year and engine? Personally I like the '62 with the 327 or the '67 with the 427.

#3 6 years ago

would not pay more than $2000 but am not a fan of the game...they seem to be fairly rare, would think avg. $1750-2250

#4 6 years ago

CL in Northen Calif has one for $2650. There was another one there last week at $3100. It sold at $3000 per owner.

#5 6 years ago

3k seems to be the going rate for an average one.

Good playing game, if you're not a corvette fan, see if you can perhaps look past the theme. Sometimes, I can look past crummy themes (I enjoy T2, for example), other times, I simply cannot (LOTR)

#6 6 years ago

Many for sale - not selling - at $3k in NY area last year. I think the one that sold was or $2,600, and it was nice. Corvette car collectors think its worth a premium. Might be to some, but fewer and fewer people everyday care that it says "corvette" on it.

Cool game. Busy playfield.

#7 6 years ago

2300-2500. Very underrated game. A lot of fun.

#8 6 years ago

I had one about 3 or 4 months ago that I sold for $2700 but it took quite a while to find the "right" buyer. Like Nascar, it doesn't seem to get a lot of love so it's a hard game to move.

Dave

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from pingeo:

2300-2500. Very underrated game. A lot of fun.

I agree with that. Before I played Corvette, I was quite skeptical that it would be anywhere as good as my Getaway. After spending some time with it, I started feeling like Getaway was likely the lesser game.

#10 6 years ago

I just got one in great shape for $2800 last month. It took me a while to track down. I'd say $2500-3000 with range depending on condition. (And no, mine is not for sale so I'm not inflating the price because I own it).

#11 6 years ago

Personally love my Corvette. It's the only machine that has survived in my collection..the rest are long gone...But I am a car buff and a pinball nut,
Things to look for when buying,
The Pits tend to get wear....Cliffy sells a nice protector..buy it regardless if you are protecting or covering old damage
The Route 66 ramp tend to crack.....they do not repop this ramp as far as I know
LT5 motor....some have problems...check for proper functioning
The Dragstrip also can be a problem on some machines
Cabs tend to fade
If ya got a nice example it's a 3k game....and I find it underrated

#12 6 years ago

o-din..If it was a '67 with the 427 I would currently be camped out in his driveway with the $2,400 he wants. No such luck.

Not a Corvette fan in particular but my 10 year old son and I played this for the first time at the Ohio show last week. We are pretty deep into drag racing and the dragstrip on this one got us hooked. Our first pin was a HUO NGS so this will be #2. Appreciate the advice on what to look our for. If it is in excellent shape I'll post pics. If it is CL junk I'll just hang my head in shame.

Thanks guys.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I just got one in great shape for $2800 last month. It took me a while to track down. I'd say $2500-3000 with range depending on condition. (And no, mine is not for sale so I'm not inflating the price because I own it).

Not inflating at all. If anything the opposite from what I've found. OP is asking about one in excellent condition. I have only found one in that shape for sub $3K. I say if you find one in excellent condition for sub $3K in today's market you should pick it up. I'm not saying this either to inflate prices as one day I'd like to have one so doing so would be stupid.

#14 6 years ago

o-din..If it was a '67 with the 427 I would currently be camped out in his driveway with the $2,400 he wants. No such luck.

Wouldn't we all! I paid $9,500 for my '62, but that was in 1985. Sold it in '91 for $21,000. But, I'm not a big Vette fan either. They are a pain in the ass to get in and out of.
If your looking for a Vette on a budget there is always this....

th-4.jpeg

#15 6 years ago

This is my budget vette. A bigger pain in the ass to get in and out of but runs a lot faster. Not very good in the corners but a blast for a 1/4 mile.

LODRS_3-2_072.jpg

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Not inflating at all. If anything the opposite from what I've found. OP is asking about one in excellent condition. I have only found one in that shape for sub $3K. I say if you find one in excellent condition for sub $3K in today's market you should pick it up. I'm not saying this either to inflate prices as one day I'd like to have one so doing so would be stupid.

There's a mint one down the street si

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:CL in Northen Calif has one for $2650. There was another one there last week at $3100. It sold at $3000 per owner.

The one listed for 2650 the guy will take 2500 and its a private collector, maintenanced yearly e.t.c. blah blah blah if anyone wants it.

#17 6 years ago

How many 3 flippers does GG have to his name?

4 years later
#18 1 year ago

Up.
I have options : Dirty Harry, Corvette, Getaway.
Which game is your preferred? The conditions are almost same. Price range is same, except Corvette 30% higher.

What pick you if you were in this?

2 weeks later
#20 1 year ago

So interesting.
My first impression was HSII-COR-DH.

2 weeks later
#21 1 year ago

I think that DH has the best rules out of the three. Corvette has the best flow/speed. Hs2 is a good game but falls just short of the other two.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside