• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PitIn.jpg
image.jpg
HotWheels.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The-koontz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hello everyone,

I finally found a Corvette that I was really into and now have some questions, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not but I hope so.

For other past and current Corvette owners, what cool stuff can be done? Any pics would be greatly appreciated! Also what kind of LED's, balls and other things would you recommend?

Thank you all for your time and look forward to hearing the responses coming in.

#3 10 years ago

Maybe a dumb question but what does the shifter on the side do?

I was thinking of changing a few bulbs to some LEDs, back glass area and some bulbs that are burnt out on the playfield. I seen a complete kit on eBay for cointaker kit for $240! Not too sure about that yet.

#7 10 years ago

Oh okay I got ya! Thanks

#8 10 years ago

Question on the cointaker LEDs...? The kit you can buy is $240.00 then they have a $20.00 non ghosting LED upgrade. What is the deal with that, what is ghosting and non ghosting?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Great pickup! Corvette is a fairly underrated pin imp, it's super fun and has a great flow to it. You can put a giant LEd strip along the racestrip, it really lights it up and makes the cars visible during play too. Here is a link for pictures - http://pinballbulbs.com/products/corvette-pinball-racetrack-led-strip-mod
Corvette doesn't need non-ghosting bulbs so no need to pay for an unneeded upgrade.
Ghosting is when an insert is faintly lit and shouldn't be. This happens with LEDs because they can be faintly lit with a little bit of voltage leakage basically while an incandescent bulb needs that full 6.3V to be significantly lit.
Our kits overall are non-ghosting, meaning they come with non-ghosting bulbs if needed for no extra upgrade and no need to worry about ghosting when buying our kits. Check them out and see what you think. We have some really cool add-ons with LED strips and spotlights that are plug n play

I'll give em a shot, I bought the kit, strip and flashers. Didnt see the spotlights though.

I checked a couple bulbs in my collector car area and some are not working. There is only 3 bulb working, I changed them with the ones out and no cigar. Does that mean I'll need new sockets and if so does that mean I would have to soder them in?

#13 10 years ago

I also bought the Cliffy protector for around the pit area drop. it has a bit of wear there so I wanted to install that to prevent more wear. Has anyone did that before? looks like a simple thing to install.

I cant tell for sure but it looks like yours has it Dennis, is that correct?

#14 10 years ago

Great suggestions coming in, thank you all. Keep them coming please!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from The-koontz:

Didnt see the spotlights though.

Damn I see them now I dont know how I missed them. Oh well, I'll see how this goes first...

#19 10 years ago

This is what I bought, goes right around the pit stop area drop.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#20 10 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

Sounds more like some kind of a short. Maybe check with a meter with power off.

I'll have to check that out, I'll also need to go but a meter as well.

With 3 of them working and the rest not could still be a short? some of the sockets felt a bit lose when i was switching bulbs around.

#24 10 years ago

Thanks!

Thats the weird thing, all the rubbers look new and everything looks very clean. Not sure how that was missed but I'm sure it wasnt a total shop job. I cant wait for my stuff to get here and dive into it. I guess the only way to learn is to dive in and do it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The-koontz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-pin-ideas-for-new-machine-owner?tu=The-koontz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.