By onlydjz

1 week ago

Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by 85vett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

#1 8 days ago

I have a chance to choose one.
Pros :
Corvette - multi ramp game, good toys
World Cup - fun and nice music

Cons :
Corvette - car theme is not belongs to me, gets old fast
World Cup - lack of modes, linear and simple game play

Which would you choose?

#2 8 days ago

Corvette great machine with terrific toys & perhaps my favourite pin but if you are not a chevy fan or car buff maybe not for you.

#3 8 days ago

I have a WCS94, and I really like it, but if at the time I purchased it I would've had the choice between WCS94 and Corvette, I woulda went with Corvette. However, I'm a car guy so the Corvette theme suits me, and I do like the dragstrip toy. They are both fun games though. I can tell you out of all the games I have, most visitors to my gameroom who are not pinheads really like WCS94. Everyone gets the WCS94 goalie and what you're supposed to do with him when he's active. Get balls past him and score goals! Everyone seems to dig that and have fun with it.

I'm thinking that the simple math of the situation will have the majority of people will preferring WCS94 over Corvette by an approximate 2:1 margin, as WCS94 is ranked 56 in the Pinside Top 100 and Corvette is not even in the Top 100 at number 112 (2 x 56).

#4 8 days ago

I like both games World Cup is pure fun but Vette is nice three flipper pin and more rare to find

#5 8 days ago

I vote WCS fun game I have never been able to get into Corvette maybe if I played it more I would appreciate. But, I vote WCS cool toys and I like to practice on this game because it shows up in a lot of tournament's.

#6 8 days ago

Corvette is going to be my next pin. WCS seem to have a lot of problems. Still a fun game but i see way more people asking for advice for wcs than corvette

#7 8 days ago

Personal preference is WCS94. Played both and WCS is the one I would play if both were sitting next to each other.

#8 7 days ago

I've owned both games and WCS still remains. Honestly its one of the best WPC games around and priced right. Corvette is a good game, it just doesn't have the legs that WCS has had.

#9 7 days ago

Frankly, Corvette is extremely overpriced simply due to the theme. Its a fun game but not $4-5K fun. WCS on the other hand is one of those "just one more game" pins and it has a very broad appeal. WCS easy for me.

If you are really thinking of Corvette, I would challenge you to look at other pins in the same price range. There are A LOT of better pins at the same price or less.

#10 7 days ago

Would you mention other pins in same range?
Yes, of course in our region in EU is also has a different price between these two, but in this case this is not the first.
In the past I had owned WCS now I'm thinking to extend my small collection.
DM, T2, Flintstones are in the same range perhaps Shadow, DH, BSD yet- these are well known for me. Littlebit cheaper the WCS.

Looking for new toy for an over year.

#11 7 days ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Corvette is going to be my next pin. WCS seem to have a lot of problems. Still a fun game but i see way more people asking for advice for wcs than corvette

I don't think that's a fair assessment on the quality of the games. Their are just more owners of WCS than Corvette. Corvette is a fun game but if that ZR1 Engine goes bad it's a PITA to get fixed if you can. Same with the Dragstrip. Corvette is the more difficult game to fix and it's more common to have real issues (not just a noisy ball or broken goalie plastic).

With that said, both are pretty shallow games but both also serve their themes pretty well. For these two I'd go with the them that interest you the most but if you are flow player Corvette would get the slight advantage to me.

#12 4 days ago

Played some rounds yesterday on Corvette.
I really hate the center ramp, its a main object on the playfield which hides the details behind of it.
I'm not sure.

#13 4 days ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Frankly, Corvette is extremely overpriced simply due to the theme. Its a fun game but not $4-5K fun. WCS on the other hand is one of those "just one more game" pins and it has a very broad appeal. WCS easy for me.
If you are really thinking of Corvette, I would challenge you to look at other pins in the same price range. There are A LOT of better pins at the same price or less.

4k or 5k for a Corvette? I think those games are basically priced the same, Corvette slightly higher at 3k. Where are these buyers for 4k or 5k corvette games, lol?

I owned both but Corvette is just a way better game to me. One thing they have in common though, they both have terrible music. Corvette is a lot harder game with some cool combos.

#14 4 days ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Where are these buyers for 4k or 5k corvette games, lol?

Rich Corvette owners maybe?
Buyers for that price, no. Sellers? Welll maybe a couple
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-corvette-10

#15 4 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Rich Corvette owners maybe?
Buyers for that price, no. Sellers? Welll maybe a couple
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-corvette-10

Agreed. I always felt Corvette should be a high 2K to low 3K game but all I ever see is high 3K to 4's. If I found a nice one for high 2K to low 3K it would be hard for me to pass up just for the theme.

Quoted from onlydjz:

Played some rounds yesterday on Corvette.
I really hate the center ramp, its a main object on the playfield which hides the details behind of it.
I'm not sure.

What details is it hiding? The plastic behind it is just a plain red plastic and I think their is just one car image under that ramp. Been a while since I really looked at one though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 229.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
$ 35.00
Electronics
Ewe22 Security PIC Chips
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 40.00
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Poolesville, MD

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside