(Topic ID: 206270)

Corvette or Nascar. Which one would you chose ?

By Flippermatt

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Nickson
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

canon16122017 002 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippermatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a Corvette which is awaiting a full shop job if I ever can find the time.. I haven't even turned it on and I won't as it's poor, dirty current state will not do it justice coming to a decision.

I now have a shot at getting a Nascar from Stern... I only want one racing themed pinball machine in my collection. I therefore have a problem

Would you keep Corvette and skip Nascar.....? What are your opinions and which game is better than the other and why ? Nascar is Pat Lawlor, Corvette is George Gomez. I think they are both awesome designers..

Thanks for any advice.. Pros and cons

Matt

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

NASCAR is one of my favorite Sterns of the 2000's and if given a choice between the two, I wouldn't hesitate to choose it over Corvette. Every Corvette I've ever played is plagued with mechanical issues and it looks like a nightmare to shop out. To me, NASCAR is just more fun to play.

I think what happens is this..... When you're playing an unfamiliar machine that has problems, isn't set up right or has the P.F angle off, the entire jury in the player's brain mercilessly strikes down hard. The game is being prevented to shine, impress and show the player it's true 100% self.. Meanwhile the first-timer playing, subconsiously already has decided that it is a bad machine. I've seen it at times, standing next to players calling out the verdict. One guy would never ever play Dr.Who again because the elevating mini playfield wasn't working.. He simply didn't know about it going up/down and that there were many undiscovered features he'd never see. He rightfully thought it was boring and passed quick judgement.. (I know, Dr.Who with a static mini p.f would be awfully boring). I guess the mind quickly wants to come to conclusion and there is where giving games a second try in another location or "letting the game grow" can reverse the whole thing..

This is just what I think and has nothing to do with your opinion as you surely know both two games more than well enough.... Though a malfunctioning bad behaving game is annoying as hell. With the bad experience fresh in memory, stepping up to the same game next time elsewhere, the machine is pretty low on the nutrition chain . It could also mean a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for all input guys... Interesting polarized views. It seems Corvette has the "official upper hand" but each to their own of course. I will just have to see, the guy wants $2100 for the Nascar which is in great condition. Perhaps I buy it and keep both of them afterall... Nascar would have to be pretty awful if my half dead Corvette would compete with it in a head-to-head fun-factor shootout.

You guys not in favour of Nascar, would this then be Lawlor's least successfull title ?

Reg
Matt

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Dodgefolks:

Matt I'm kind of looking for a project corvette, if your close and wanted to sell.

Am on the other side of earth...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippermatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-or-nascar-which-one-would-you-chose?tu=Flippermatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.