(Topic ID: 135741)

Corvette - need help for engine exit gate

By jimy_speedt

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balselly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Is it a technical problem ? Could the problem come from the coil ?

Gate three is actually lifted by the coil in behind the pf. It is down in its normal state. There are two optos in the engine entry ramp. Those control the gates, as well as the engine vibration.

When lock is NOT lit, when the ball passes through the optos, they will trigger the coil to lift the gate. The lifting of the gate only lasts a couple of seconds. If your gate is stuck up, check to see if the coil is stuck on.

Keep in mind that the gate could just be gummed up and needing a cleaning to move freely.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

could you please check for me if the gate 3 is not lifted for instance when the ball is launched ?

Quoted from balselly:

It is down in its normal state.

If your gate is down when no game is playing, you starts a game, and gate 3 lifts when the machine puts the ball in the shooter lane, then you have an issue. Pull the glass and test the optos. In normal play when NO lock is lit, opto 1 opens gate 3 and opto 2 creates a rev sound. When lock IS lit, opto 1 closes gate 2 and starts the engine rev, and opto 2 creates the rev sound.

#7 8 years ago

Oops, I misspoke. When lock IS lit, opto 1 closes gate 2 only. Opto 2 starts the engine rev and starts the rev sound.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

In normal mode, gates 2 an 3 should be up.

Quoted from jimy_speedt:

When I launch a ball (from the ball shooter) in normal mode, gate 2 is up (open), and gate 3 goes up (opens). both gates are up, which looks normal. After a few seconds gate 3 goes down automatically and closes.

Quoted from jimy_speedt:

gate 3 is naturally down and sometimes the trip/latch relay sticks to open the gate.

Quoted from jimy_speedt:

When shooting the ball at the engine, it is blocked by gate 3 which is down.

I have to admit, I am a bit confused on what issue you are having. Is gate 3 sticking up, or is it just down and not lifting up? I am curious to know if your optos are seeing something that isn't there, and therefore not seeing the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balselly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-need-help-for-engine-exit-gate?tu=balselly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.