Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pindude80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I recently picked up a Corvette. It has the original wires on the driver side of the motor. I bought a set of after market wires, and now see why they were removed on the passenger side. As you know the after market wires are harder plastic type, not rubber like the original. How many of you guys just remove the wires all together? I do not like the idea of having one set of wires. What about making custom wires? Thoughts?

#2 6 years ago

Anybody out there?

#3 6 years ago

Looking for some advice on these wires. Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks
Chris

#4 6 years ago

Sorry, I never had to use the repro wires but have heard others complain about them. Kind of sad they couldn't have been made with a better material.

Might want to post your question in the club thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-club-members-only-but-pledges-allowed/page/4#post-4073658

#5 6 years ago

Thanks

#6 6 years ago

yeah the repros suck! I installed them on my game when I shopped it, they were getting caught under the wireform and not letting the engine shake. I ended up zip tying them so they didn't rub. Not really what I wanted to do, but my originals were hit and I wanted wires on mine and not just one side. It's a shame they didn't just make them out of the correct material.

4 weeks later
#7 6 years ago

I know this is a late reply but FWIW, MSD makes a custom cut set and you have to add the terminal ends and boots, get them from Sumitt Racing and the price is fair. Use looms or something to keep them from getting too close to the exhaust or header pipes. I would get a set that has both straight boots and 90 bends in case you have angle plug heads. You never know what was changed by the prior owner.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from mainthing:

I know this is a late reply but FWIW, MSD makes a custom cut set and you have to add the terminal ends and boots, get them from Sumitt Racing and the price is fair. Use looms or something to keep them from getting too close to the exhaust or header pipes. I would get a set that has both straight boots and 90 bends in case you have angle plug heads. You never know what was changed by the prior owner.

I'm confused. Is this about the car or the game?

#9 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's about the game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-lt1-spark-plug-wires?hl=mainthing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.