• Latest reply 6 years ago by gr3yh47
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1050258 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

The engine in my Corvette wouldn´t work after a restoration and according to the previous owner it hasn´t worked before either.
So I consulted Pinwiki, Cliffy´s page on LT5 repair, various threads here on Pinside and some German Flippermarkt forum members to get this engine working again.
Pretty quickly we identified the DA converter AD7524 and one of the "disabling" transistors as culprits, but swapping them didn´t fix the problem. It got better as we could now move the engine by simulating the DA with a poti, but in the pin the T.16 test would still fail. The engine in test behaved pretty much like in the thread by tonycip .
The problem seemed to be on the hall offset board because it didn´t deliver an output signal the slave board could work with, but we couldn´t find a part that was behaving strangely. That was when one guy from the German forum came up with the idea that the magnet might be installed with the wrong orientation and therefore confused the circuit. I turned the magnet around but that didn´t change anything. Bummer!!
The next idea was that maybe the long sides if the magnet are actually the poles and therefore we had to turn it around along the long axis instead of the short axis as you would expect. So I tried that and believe it or not: that did the trick!!!

P1050258 (resized).JPGP1050258 (resized).JPG

Here´s a video of the T.16 test now after the fix:

So here´s an important hint for all of you that struggle with a non-working Corvette engine or those that do a full restoration:

The orientation of the magnet is IMPORTANT!!!

#2 7 years ago

Great information, thanks for sharing your solution!

5 months later
#3 6 years ago

what magnet? i dont see a magnet on mine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-engine-fixed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.