• Latest reply 8 years ago by Butch2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150604_202157.jpg
20150604_202146.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I'm sure someone else has had this problem before and maybe can help me.
The Dragway on a Corvette I recently got isn't pulling the cars behind the start line like it should. It seems to be catching and keeps running. If I nudged it with my hand it will lock in place but that's not realistically going to work with the glass on.
When I got it one of the gears was sliced in half. That original gear actually worked well and pulled the car back correctly. I glued it back together but it eventually sliced in half again.
I replaced both gears and springs but it seems that the spring is designed to almost pull around the gear which is where I think the problem is. I looked up in the manual to see if it may have been put together wrong but it is correct. The loop hook seems to be where it's catching in the gears and I understand why, but how can I work around this poor design?
20150604_202157.jpg20150604_202157.jpg20150604_202146.jpg20150604_202146.jpgAny help would be appreciated thanks!

#4 8 years ago

it moves fine up and down the track it just won't move behind the starting line without difficulty

#5 8 years ago

Any other thoughts? The metal eye loop seems to be getting caught in the gears. I don't know how to get around that. The springs and gears are new and the correct part number from the manual.

#6 8 years ago

Anyone have a similar problem with new gears?

#7 8 years ago

Posting the answer in case someone has a similar problem in the future. The cable pulling the cars had to be reversed so the spring was on the other side. The car does come off the bracket even though it doesn't look like it does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-dragway-help-needed?tu=butch2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.