Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Butch2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150604_202157.jpg
20150604_202146.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I'm sure someone else has had this problem before and maybe can help me.
The Dragway on a Corvette I recently got isn't pulling the cars behind the start line like it should. It seems to be catching and keeps running. If I nudged it with my hand it will lock in place but that's not realistically going to work with the glass on.
When I got it one of the gears was sliced in half. That original gear actually worked well and pulled the car back correctly. I glued it back together but it eventually sliced in half again.
I replaced both gears and springs but it seems that the spring is designed to almost pull around the gear which is where I think the problem is. I looked up in the manual to see if it may have been put together wrong but it is correct. The loop hook seems to be where it's catching in the gears and I understand why, but how can I work around this poor design?
20150604_202157.jpg20150604_202146.jpgAny help would be appreciated thanks!

#2 4 years ago

The track is extremely sensitive and must be tightened down just right at all points, have you tried loosening everything up and seeing if the cars will move freely? The plastic track will flex when components are tightened to it and when it's tightened down to the playfield and will cause the card to bind up on the track, if all your gears and good you probably just need to loosen things up. The guide wire along the side to keep the pinballs off the track is where I would start.

#3 4 years ago

The amount of resistance the cars are experiencing going up and down the track is possibly stretching your spring too far.

#4 4 years ago

it moves fine up and down the track it just won't move behind the starting line without difficulty

#5 4 years ago

Any other thoughts? The metal eye loop seems to be getting caught in the gears. I don't know how to get around that. The springs and gears are new and the correct part number from the manual.

#6 4 years ago

Anyone have a similar problem with new gears?

#7 4 years ago

Posting the answer in case someone has a similar problem in the future. The cable pulling the cars had to be reversed so the spring was on the other side. The car does come off the bracket even though it doesn't look like it does.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside