(Topic ID: 110634)

Corvette Club (members only but passengers allowed)

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 603 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240313_193654 (resized).jpg
20240313_193708 (resized).jpg
Get Your Kicks on Route 66 A Road Map to Bally’s Corvette (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Playfield Overview (2) (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Noah's Strats (resized).png
P1070757 (resized).JPG
P1070750 (resized).JPG
P1070749 (resized).JPG
IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0374 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7821 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230322_182632 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200607_184103 (resized).jpg
IMG_2651 (resized).jpg
CORVT PST (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hillel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#218 6 years ago

Newbie here so please excuse any errors. After much deliberation (dreaming) acquired the actual Car a decade ago, and the Corvette pinball game less than a year ago. So #1; what must I do to become a card carrying member of this Pinside Corvette club? And #2; I added a LED complete light kit mod to my game recently and in the process must have over used my test button panel because now everything in the game works except the buttons. Not an immediate problem since my settings are where I want them, but would like the ability to change them in the future. The actual mechanical buttons pass the continuity test when pressed so I figure I blew a component in the circuit board that the control buttons connect to. Anyone have experience with this problem, before I try to break the code of schematics in the manual?

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I think owing the game safely puts you in the club
As for your test buttons, are you certain that a connector didn't come loose? Check the backbox too.

Thanks Brijam, it is an honor then. As far as the control panel buttons, I checked all the connections from the control panel to the coin door board and cleaned all the contact pins with alcohol. Nothing. I then removed the 2 connection clips I had added to the backboard to power the new LED light strips and replaced the original connections and no change. The control panel died mid-use as I was trouble shooting the engine for which I did unintentionally reverse a connection when adding the light strip connector. I must have pushed those test panel buttons close to 100x during that process which included turning the adjustment screw under the engine ramp. The engine works fine now but the control test panel unfortunately does not, and the drawings in the owner's manual offer little help.

#223 6 years ago

I would agree with you Brijam on the blown transistor, except that whatever I did with that particular clip (J118) merely left the lone wire in that clip unattached to any pin what so ever, resulting in the engine no longer shaking. (I was following the instructions from the light bulb vendor, but previous owners or techs may have altered the original wiring for that clip-IDK). This disconnect of that wire/static LT-5 engine, had me repeatedly using the test buttons which eventually simply stopped working without my touching or changing any wire connections. Having no way of running tests any longer, I merely retraced my steps, reattached that clip with its lone wire to its original pin which restored the engine shaking again. I then used a different source of power for the LED light strip. So the game works great now, however I am left with control panel buttons that no longer function. It is not cause for immediate concern as I mentioned before, until the day comes when I want to change the settings, or the double AA batteries die and I am left with the original default settings and no way of changing them. As far as I know, I indeed may have blown a transistor from the repeated overuse of the control buttons or something else (the fuses check out OK). However determining which transistor or circuit board exactly, is somewhat beyond my current knowledge base, but I am naturally always willing to learn. I truly appreciate everyone's input and willingness to help. Seems to be a common trait with Corvette owners, whether it be the American sports car or the pin. Thank you.

#225 6 years ago

Thanks for the pinwiki link Brijam. I had no idea a site was available with such specific information, images and "How to's" regarding repairing my game. I need to read it over a couple more times to digest it all and then perform the tests when the logic probe I just ordered arrives. I did not see any burns or alkaline damage when I removed the connector J205. I also realize from previous reading that I need upgrade to NVRAM to lose the batteries, but will wait until I resolve the issue with the switches. I will post the results of the test when complete. Thanks a million.

#226 6 years ago

Followed the steps in pinwiki for troubleshooting the direct switches and the MPU turned out not to be the problem TG. Using a jump wire on the J205 pins to bypass the switches, I was able to activate the test functions. The next test proved the mechanical switches checked out OK, but the ground wire to them failed the continuity test with the machine ground. I traced the ground wires back to the coin box CPU board but found no breaks. However in doing so I did find a separate ground wire broke its solder joint on one of the coin slot mechanisms. Once I re-soldered that wire, the switches began to work once again. Hmmm, didn't think that wire would complete the ground circuit for the switches, but wuddaIknow? Thanks for your support Brijam. I'm back on the road again!

1 year later
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

thanks, i finally had a chance to make a few of these over the weekend. i have 10 available for anyone whos interested. shoot me a dm and we can work it out.

That clear intake manifold cover you created is exactly what I always felt the LT-5 Engine toy sorely needed, since the engine it is modeled after, does not have a huge empty cavity in the top. It left Bally looking like the engine was disassembled in a state of rebuild. I DM'd you to see if you hopefully have at least one of those awesome looking covers left. Corvette Rules!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ocean Isle Beach, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hillel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-club-members-only-but-pledges-allowed?tu=hillel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.