(Topic ID: 110634)

Corvette Club (members only but passengers allowed)

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 603 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240313_193654 (resized).jpg
20240313_193708 (resized).jpg
Get Your Kicks on Route 66 A Road Map to Bally’s Corvette (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Playfield Overview (2) (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Noah's Strats (resized).png
P1070757 (resized).JPG
P1070750 (resized).JPG
P1070749 (resized).JPG
IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0374 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7821 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230322_182632 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200607_184103 (resized).jpg
IMG_2651 (resized).jpg
CORVT PST (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#188 6 years ago

ColorDMD is released for Corvette and it looks awesome on the LED display in person.

6 months later
#216 6 years ago
Quoted from mjwilliams:

Would one of you guys take a look at the chip in U20 and tell me what part number is on the chip? According to what I’ve read, the chip should be a ULN2803. When I looked at my chip, it has NTE2018 on it. I have been having trouble with my switch matrix; I get a ground short row 1 error on boot up. I thought I had it narrowed down to the IC and was going to replace it. I ordered a a ULN 2803 IC and popped in it. When I turned the machine back on, the pin wouldn’t boot. I pulled the replacement chip and put the one causing problems in and it booted fine (with the same error). So I was hoping that one of you would check your U20 chip and let me know what it has for writing on it. TIA

They are both good to use. ULN2803 is the original part and NTE2018 is a new compatible replacement part.
NTE Cross Reference - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, Inc (resized).pngNTE Cross Reference - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, Inc (resized).png

What repair work did you do before this error came up? Did you change any bulbs with power on? With a new ULN2803, sounds like you may have a different issue.

Research any WPC with ground row short will help find the issue. This is not game specific related. If you replaced any parts on the MPU, a broken trace would be suspect.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ground-short-row-1-wpc

1 month later
#234 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

My upper ramp is makeable, but it's pretty rare.

I had the same issue. I lowered both of my flipper bats and now it hits the ramps shot like a champ. I can even hit both left/right orbit shots much easier as well.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The ramp from the upper flipper is the tough one. But I do need to align my flippers still since one of them is off enough to be annoying when you look at them. I make the rest of the shots just fine though.

Oh, when you said upper ramp, I thought you were meaning the Route 66 ramp. So you really mean the Skid Pad ramp then?

Quoted from desertT1:

Highest % troublemaker looks like a dirty opto. There are two optos per button from what I remember, so maybe one per flipper? I'm guessing the one for the upper flipper is dirty and causing a rapid off/on that is heating up the coil and making it weak. Cleaning that right when I get home today.

Yes, clean them. If the flipper is getting weak, most likely the coil is getting hot. If you still have trouble, swap the flipper optos boards between the left/right sides. Check the EOS switch as well with an ohmmeter.

5 months later
#271 5 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Hi guys! I picked up a nice Corvette a few weeks ago, came with LEDs installed, noticed on the skill shot, that the 3 green rollover lights flash erratically back and forth. I have read in other threads that other owners have had this same issue with Corvette. Putting dim incandesant bulbs back in fixes it, but they are harder to see. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks!!

Did you clean underside of those inserts with alcohol and Qtips? I have regular bulbs in my rollovers and they are pretty bright.

The erratic nature of the LEDs sounds like Non-ghosting LEDs were not being used.

1 month later
#275 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Thanks me too. When my friend comes back from Florida in a few weeks we are going to try his track in my game and determine definitively if my track/boards are what is causing the issue. If it is I will really be on the hunt for one then

Were you able to verify your friend's rack track in your game? Also, did you try replacing the optos on your racetrack boards?

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

No not yet, been busy with summer "stuff" and haven't really been into pinball too much lately, but was thinking of seeing if he has time this weekend to come to my place. I replaced the boards before, actually bought a 2nd set and still have have the same issue.

I just recommend changing the optos and encoder part(s) on both boards. The transmitter opto likely is very dim or completely out in each opto pair.

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Seems like there was something wrong with my boards or you couldn't get an opto anymore with the correct # of legs

I had no trouble getting optos and the encoder part for mine. I'll try and look them up where I got them from.

1 year later
#331 4 years ago

Looks like your spring is too long.
20191105_225124 (resized).jpg20191105_225124 (resized).jpg20191105_225134 (resized).jpg20191105_225134 (resized).jpg

#334 4 years ago

No. I imagine it is listed in the manual.

Even now, you can shorten it up a bit. Just stretch it at least 1/4" on the end and hook it on. Then you should be able to manually pull back on the coil plunger arm to see if it pulls the gate open, If not, shorten the spring up some more.

1 year later
#415 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Anyone have a source or spare racetrack boards? On my encoder board, the ground trace is gone in a section. It may be repairable, but that trace is pretty small and I may not be able to fix it. It looks like the boards are sold out on the sites I checked. Thanks

Run a wire. It will not be seen anyway, so doesn't matter if the board no longer looks new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-club-members-only-but-pledges-allowed?tu=PinballManiac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.