(Topic ID: 110634)

Corvette Club (members only but passengers allowed)

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 603 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240313_193654 (resized).jpg
20240313_193708 (resized).jpg
Get Your Kicks on Route 66 A Road Map to Bally’s Corvette (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Playfield Overview (2) (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Noah's Strats (resized).png
P1070757 (resized).JPG
P1070750 (resized).JPG
P1070749 (resized).JPG
IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0374 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7821 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230322_182632 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200607_184103 (resized).jpg
IMG_2651 (resized).jpg
CORVT PST (resized).jpg
There are 603 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from cycletron:

I have a recently shopped my Corvette game and now the race track isn't functioning. During the re-build I had the track partially disconnected, started it up to check on other issues. The left car wen't down the track 3/4 the way and the right car didn't move. I have since completed the re-build and the test shows a failure in the track. I have looked at the track boards and they don't look like they were damaged. I've also tried re-setting the track via the menu but have been unable to do anything with the settings.
Is there anything else anyone could suggest I should try to check before I order new track boards to see if they are the reason for the failure?

Check to see if the numbers are going up during the track test. There are 4 optos for the track, two at each end. I had one go bad on the red car at the end of the track. Those optos register as the car moves. The two at the bottom just register when the car is back at its start location. The optos at the end are cheap and readily available from digikey and Mouser. The ones at the start of the track are special. I think Marco has them.

#152 7 years ago

I made a separate post on this, but thought I would try it here too...anyone put a pinsound board in a corvette yet? I'm thinking about trying to address the weakest part of the game (which is the music and sound, but I would start with the music). Didn't want to reinvent the wheel though if someone has already done it. Thanks

#153 7 years ago

I just picked up a Corvette. In pretty good condition except damaged side rails and a couple broken plastics. I bought a plastic set from Classic Playfields but have been unable to find side rails instock anywhere. Any leads appreciated.

Also, when I plunge the ball instead of staying up top and going through one of the three rollovers the ball rolls down the right lane and straight to the flippers. Am I missing a piece to keep it up there?

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

I just picked up a Corvette. In pretty good condition except damaged side rails and a couple broken plastics. I bought a plastic set from Classic Playfields but have been unable to find side rails instock anywhere. Any leads appreciated.
Also, when I plunge the ball instead of staying up top and going through one of the three rollovers the ball rolls down the right lane and straight to the flippers. Am I missing a piece to keep it up there?

Should be a gate on the left, if you plunge to hard it will bounce back down the right orbit

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Should be a gate on the left, if you plunge to hard it will bounce back down the right orbit

Guess it works correctly then. Thx.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Check to see if the numbers are going up during the track test. There are 4 optos for the track, two at each end. I had one go bad on the red car at the end of the track. Those optos register as the car moves. The two at the bottom just register when the car is back at its start location. The optos at the end are cheap and readily available from digikey and Mouser. The ones at the start of the track are special. I think Marco has them.

Thanks for the response kawydud.

- When running the track test the left car goes back down to the start position and then goes all the way up, you can still hear the motor run and it then it "fails" the test. I don't see any numbers registering during the test, the left car shows it starts with a x in the box. The right car does not move at all from the start line.

- Before I shopped it, it worked fine for years. Do you think it may be the left upper opto not registering when the car gets to the end?

#157 7 years ago

Hi I am picking up a corvette Wednesday and can use some advice. What are the wear spots to look for and what should I check re: engine and drag track? Thanks

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from cycletron:

- When running the track test the left car goes back down to the start position and then goes all the way up, you can still hear the motor run and it then it "fails" the test. I don't see any numbers registering during the test, the left car shows it starts with a x in the box. The right car does not move at all from the start line.
- Before I shopped it, it worked fine for years. Do you think it may be the left upper opto not registering when the car gets to the end?

If the car goes all the way up and then the motor keeps running, it sounds like a bad opto. You should be able to see the numbers in track test. Let me double check mine.

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from cycletron:

Got to your utilities in the service menu, there is a race test option, make sure your interlock switches are closed, and run the test. You will see position numbers going up as each car goes up the track. If you don't see the numbers climbing on the right, it is most likely a bad opto.

#160 7 years ago

I thought the race track was dark. So I added some light.....

Corvette pinball (resized).jpgCorvette pinball (resized).jpg

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Got to your utilities in the service menu, there is a race test option, make sure your interlock switches are closed, and run the test. You will see position numbers going up as each car goes up the track. If you don't see the numbers climbing on the right, it is most likely a bad opto.

Thanks again for your help kawydud.

I took the track back apart to inspect the boards again and clean the opto's. Everything looked good so I put it back together, mounted it and plugged it back together.

I'm not sure what your talking about as far as the interlock switches and didn't see a race test in "utilities" but I ran the race in the test menu. The left car ran back to start, ran up all the way and failed, I didn't get any numbers in the display so I'm going to assume that the opto's are out.

I'm going to order some new boards at and then write a update...

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from Joce:

I thought the race track was dark. So I added some light.....

Looks good. I had not thought of using blue and red LEDs. Here is a link to my version:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-drag-strip-under-lighting

The extra 3 LEDs at the starting line made a big difference.

#163 7 years ago

I received my new, upgraded (GLM) race track boards with opto's and installed them this afternoon. One has to split the boards apart to separate them but after doing this and installing them correctly, the track is back working like a dream now.

Their up to $90 At several places but K's https://ksarcade.net/ still have them for $55.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#165 7 years ago

Hi all!

Corvette owner here from the UK! I'm fully restoring mine from a wreck! Can anyone help with the following parts and ship them to the UK? I'm really struggling over here as there werent that many imported!

Cheers

Dunc

corvette1 (resized).jpgcorvette1 (resized).jpg

corvette2 (resized).jpgcorvette2 (resized).jpg

#166 7 years ago

Also, could anyone advise where these parts come from off the machine??

20170211_090352 (resized).jpg20170211_090352 (resized).jpg

#167 7 years ago

I was working on / experimenting with my racetrack tonight and noticed that sometimes if you don't hit any playfield switches while in a racetrack mode the cars will only go about 1/3 of the way up the track and the mode ends, but if you hit switches it will advance the blue car and both will race to the top.

Can anyone tell me if you don't hit any switches in a racetrack mode should the game end the mode before the red car (opponent) gets to the top? I would think you should be able keep trying to catch the red car (opponent's) until it reaches the top and that would end the mode. I guess what I am trying to get at is: should the racetrack mode only end once the red car reaches the top or is it correct if no switches are hit and it ends the mode before either car reaches the top?

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from Dunc:

Also, could anyone advise where these parts come from off the machine??

the rightmost one is used to hold the bumper switches and also for the slam tilt that sits left of the cashbox.
The leftmost piece I don´t remember from my recent restore.
The lower middle also looks like it´s from the slam tilt.
The top one is the holder for the playfield support arm.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

the rightmost one is used to hold the bumper switches and also for the slam tilt that sits left of the cashbox.
The leftmost piece I don´t remember from my recent restore.
The lower middle also looks like it´s from the slam tilt.
The top one is the holder for the playfield support arm.

The leftmost is from the lockbar receiver. I can post pics tomorrow if needed

#170 7 years ago

Many thanks for that! Its been driving me mad for ages!

Dunc

3 weeks later
#171 7 years ago

I've been having some major headaches with my racetrack not functioning properly, I have a separate thread about it if anyone is interested in looking at it. Last night I was running the racetrack test and noticed when the cars returned to the start position not all of the boxes were highlighted- see picture.

Would someone be willing to run their racetrack test multiple times and tell me if every time the cars return to their home position if all of the boxes are highlighted?

IMG_20170319_190833493 (resized).jpgIMG_20170319_190833493 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#172 7 years ago

I ran my race track test several times yesterday. I don't know if I ever got all four boxes highlighted. It seemed to never be the same. I don't know what it's supposed to tell me? Seems to work just fine though. Maybe the last one down doesn't get a highlight?

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

I ran my race track test several times yesterday. I don't know if I ever got all four boxes highlighted. It seemed to never be the same. I don't know what it's supposed to tell me? Seems to work just fine though. Maybe the last one down doesn't get a highlight?

Thanks for takinng the time to run the test for me

I talked to a guy shortly after posting that. He said the opto position boxes aren't always highlighted at the end of the test. He said those are for the optos that are at the top of the track and the boxes indidcate whether the opto is open or closed, which makes sense because if one of the boxes wasn't checked and I pushed that car a little it would highlight the box.

Thanks again!

1 week later
#174 7 years ago

I just finished restoring my Corvette and I have a question: is it normal that the pin does a LT-5 Initialization and a Racetrack test at every startup of the machine?

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

I just finished restoring my Corvette and I have a question: is it normal that the pin does a LT-5 Initialization and a Racetrack test at every startup of the machine?

Yes

#177 7 years ago

Thanks.

Another question: in Race Today mode sometimes the red car just stops at about a third of the way and doesn´t move any further. Makes it easy to win the race, but is that a known bug?

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Thanks.
Another question: in Race Today mode sometimes the red car just stops at about a third of the way and doesn´t move any further. Makes it easy to win the race, but is that a known bug?

Does he red light too?

Trying to remember if mine will won't advance when that happens or not. Definitely not a bug though.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Thanks.

You can blow up your engine if you shift to late so i think the computer blowup his engine.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Does he red light too?
Trying to remember if mine will won't advance when that happens or not. Definitely not a bug though.

What do you mean by "does he red light"?

I haven´t figured out yet, what the Christmas lights actually mean.....

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

What do you mean by "does he red light"?
I haven´t figured out yet, what the Christmas lights actually mean.....

The "christmas tree" is used in drag racing.

<-- if youre interested in a tutorial on the tree.

"red lighting" is when you or your competitor leave the line before the green light comes on. While you cant red light yourself in the game, occasionally i see the red car do it.

1 week later
#182 6 years ago

Joined the club last night

A small project awaiting my TBL at some day. Pin looks in great shape. Only GI is out on the left which should be easy to solve.

Bigger issue is engine is not moving at all. Let's hope it's nothing serious. Troubleshooting it tonight.

IMG_2037 (resized).JPGIMG_2037 (resized).JPG

IMG_2039 (resized).JPGIMG_2039 (resized).JPG

#183 6 years ago

Hi Rensh,
I just troubleshooted mine so I might be able to help if necessary.
Herbert

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Hi Rensh,
I just troubleshooted mine so I might be able to help if necessary.
Herbert

Thanks for the offer

GI is solved with replacing the usual burned connector. I reseated all connectors and motor is now also running.

Only have a crackling sound left which I hope to fix this weekend with replacing the amplifier tda2030

If any matters occur I will take you op on your offer. Getting the feeling TBL is taking forever so corvette might stay a little longer

1 week later
#185 6 years ago

Replacing the amplifiers solved the crackling sound. Replacing BR2 solved the reset issue I experienced (previous owner replaced the caps and BR4 but skipped BR2).

And I placed the first mod
In real life the red and blue have same strength but camera captures it differently

IMG_2101 (resized).JPGIMG_2101 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#186 6 years ago

With the color dmd release, I noticed some animation I hadn't seen before on my game.

What version roms is everyone running?

Colordmd is based on 2.1.

I'm running v2.

Anyone know how to get nitrous, supercharger and the z07 insert lit?

#187 6 years ago

pinmaniac

When I restored my Corvette I couldn't find any black side rails, so I just bought a set of stainless one from Pinball life and had them power coated, Looks great.

#188 6 years ago

ColorDMD is released for Corvette and it looks awesome on the LED display in person.

1 week later
#189 6 years ago

I'm having a problem with bounce outs on the LT5. If the ball goes up the ramp clean, it hits the back diverter and rebounds back too quickly before the front diverter drops. Anyone have a solution or suggestion?

I'm also looking for a black lockdown bar, if anyone knows where I might find one.

1 week later
#190 6 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I'm having a problem with bounce outs on the LT5. If the ball goes up the ramp clean, it hits the back diverter and rebounds back too quickly before the front diverter drops. Anyone have a solution or suggestion?
I'm also looking for a black lockdown bar, if anyone knows where I might find one.

I have that problem, too, but only very rarely. I also have the ball getting stuck under the front gate every once in a while so I have to give the pin a solid nudge until the ball falls into the lock. I think that front gate needs to be perfectly adjusted so that it can shut off the way back as quickly as possible. I´ll probably have to play with it a little more until it´s perfect.
Any experience with this is highly welcome.

2 weeks later
#191 6 years ago

Anyone else have ghosting issues on the tree lights?

20170705_175117 (resized).jpg20170705_175117 (resized).jpg

#192 6 years ago

Is it only the red bulbs that ghost on the tree? Or do all of them ghost?

#193 6 years ago

They all do at different times.

#194 6 years ago

Any Corvette owners in Midwest looking to sell? Have a good friend in the Twin Cities looking for one....

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

They all do at different times.

What bulbs are you using? I have Comet non ghosting in my entire game. Have you tried swapping to a different brand of bulb?

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Any Corvette owners in Midwest looking to sell? Have a good friend in the Twin Cities looking for one....

does your buddy have anything to trade?

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

does your buddy have anything to trade?

No, he has no pins at this time. . . .

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

What bulbs are you using? I have Comet non ghosting in my entire game. Have you tried swapping to a different brand of bulb?

I did try swapping in comet bulbs and no luck. Maybe I'll try and find some other bulbs and do a more thorough test.

4 months later
#199 6 years ago

My Corvette is missing Route 66 sign. Im making one myself and have already vectorised it but I don’t know correct size. Could someone measure height and width of original plastic?

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from Iizi:

My Corvette is missing Route 66 sign. Im making one myself and have already vectorised it but I don’t know correct size. Could someone measure height and width of original plastic?

The Plastic is 39mm X 70mm (height X width)
The decal part is 35mm X 67mm (height X width)
There are 3 rivets attaching this to the metal bracket.

Dennis

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 37.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 603 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-club-members-only-but-pledges-allowed/page/4?hl=dunc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.