(Topic ID: 110634)

Corvette Club (members only but passengers allowed)

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 603 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 days ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240313_193654 (resized).jpg
20240313_193708 (resized).jpg
Get Your Kicks on Route 66 A Road Map to Bally’s Corvette (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Playfield Overview (2) (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Noah's Strats (resized).png
P1070757 (resized).JPG
P1070750 (resized).JPG
P1070749 (resized).JPG
IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0374 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7821 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230322_182632 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200607_184103 (resized).jpg
IMG_2651 (resized).jpg
CORVT PST (resized).jpg
There are 603 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.
#101 8 years ago

Thanks!

After spending some quality time, I have a couple questions.

1. Is there any version of the code that will red-light you for hitting the gas too soon in the drag race mode? The drag racer heart of mine thinks it's cheesy to just hold the flipper down as soon as the mode starts.

2. The kickback sometimes seems to kick too early or soft. Anyone had a similar issue, was it just a switch adjust to get the ball closer to the coil before firing?

2 weeks later
#102 8 years ago

Can someone test there engine and tell me if it looks like this in the video?
mine does not. does anyone know what ver is it? my graphics on the screen don't look like that and I can't adjust the amount of shaking with the flippers.. Thanks

#103 8 years ago

I´m about to reassemble my playfield and I stumbled over a mismatch between the manual and my pictures. It´s this area:
P1030849.JPGP1030849.JPG

According to the manual there should be a post with a sleeve somewhere behind the VUK hole:
Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

Can somebody help me out with a picture what this area should look like?

My second question is: which plastic was here before it broke off?
P1030852.JPGP1030852.JPG

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

My second question is: which plastic was here before it broke off?

Check here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-clear-plastics#post-2610674

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

I´m about to reassemble my playfield and I stumbled over a mismatch between the manual and my pictures. It´s this area:

Check my pictures in post #14 and #28, Gate #2 has a post on it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-problem-with-engine-entryexit-gates#post-2710446

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

P1030849.JPG
According to the manual there should be a post with a sleeve somewhere behind the VUK hole:

If I'm not mistaken, it's a long screw with a red plastic sleeve. It goes on top of the plastic that covers the area next to the engine.

#107 8 years ago

The post you are referring to looks like letter K in the pic from the manual

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

The post you are referring to looks like letter K in the pic from the manual

You are correct and BigLebowski is missing it on his gate #2.

#109 8 years ago

Hi Dennis,
thanks for the hint with the plastic!!!

Re. the post: Are you sure that´s the one? Because it´s left of the VUK, not behind. Unless the drawing is totally off...
Yours could be the "K" in the drawing, but it doesn´t have a ring.
BTW, that post is also missing in my game. Instead somebody put a post on the left side of the ZR-1 ramp....
P1030895.JPGP1030895.JPG

Herbert

#110 8 years ago

That extra post is probably what's supposed to be J.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

That extra post is probably what's supposed to be J.

that´s what I´m thinking, too. Thanks everybody, I´m sure I´ll be back with more questions....

#112 8 years ago

I need to get the "Catch me if you can" decal for the vets plate in the lower playfield. Anyone have this as I do not need a full set.
Thanks

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

that´s what I´m thinking, too. Thanks everybody, I´m sure I´ll be back with more questions....

.....and here comes the next question:
I´m putting the engine assembly back together after I´ve zinc-plated everything. When I put the Shake Weldment into its bearings it´s sitting pretty tight and unfortunately I can´t remember if that was also the case before I took it apart. I believe it moved quite easily so maybe the zinc-plating did something to the bearings?

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

.....and here comes the next question:
I´m putting the engine assembly back together after I´ve zinc-plated everything. When I put the Shake Weldment into its bearings it´s sitting pretty tight and unfortunately I can´t remember if that was also the case before I took it apart. I believe it moved quite easily so maybe the zinc-plating did something to the bearings?

If your asking if it should move easily. Then the answer is yes.

4 weeks later
#115 8 years ago

Put a separate post up for this but hoping the corvette community can come through with a little part number help.

Thanks in advance.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broken-part-on-corvette-need-help-w-pn

1 month later
#116 8 years ago

Does anybody have a nice scan of the racetrack decals? My racetrack is broken in many places and I got a new one from PSPA, but I´m afraid that my decals will not survive when I tear them from my old racetrack to put them onto the new one......

The decals themselves would of course be even better but so far I wasn´t able to find a source for them.

1 month later
#117 8 years ago

A question re. the clear plastic that sits on top of the Skid Pad ramp (holding the exit switch): is it sitting on two or three plastic posts in your machine?

#118 8 years ago

1 month later
#119 7 years ago

I'm thinking this x-mas tree mounting bracket is incorrectly bent. Isn't it supposed to be 90 degree? If anyone has a picture of one, the way it should be, please post.

Thanks.

vette_brkt_(resized).jpgvette_brkt_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#120 7 years ago

I have made up some Route 66 mirrored acrylic to put on the Corvette speaker panel. I think they look cool. They are held on by magnetic tape. If there is any interest in getting a set, I have just listed some on E-Bay. $28.00 Shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

Rob

DSCN4512_(resized).JPGDSCN4512_(resized).JPG

DSCN4513_(resized).JPGDSCN4513_(resized).JPG

1 month later
#121 7 years ago

Anyone ever installed a light in the top right pop bumper? I have mine apart right now and thinking of adding a light there. I know there is a plastic over the top of it, but plan on using those evo lights on the pops.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Anyone ever installed a light in the top right pop bumper? I have mine apart right now and thinking of adding a light there. I know there is a plastic over the top of it, but plan on using those evo lights on the pops.

I don't have a really good picture on my phone but I lit all 3 with the comet lights.

20160719_204256_(resized).jpg20160719_204256_(resized).jpg

#123 7 years ago

Looks good, what wires did you tie the third light into? I see the first two are on different circuits. I'm sure it doesn't matter much, can just hook them into the standard GI as well.

#124 7 years ago

If I remember right the Corvette bumpers are just GI and not in the lamp matrix. I'm pretty sure I just tied it into the nearest GI circuit.

1 month later
#125 7 years ago

Finished cleaning up Corvette last night. Changed out the lane guides and pop bumpers to blue. Also installed the evo lights on all 3 pops.

IMG_1040.JPGIMG_1040.JPG

IMG_0985.JPGIMG_0985.JPG

#126 7 years ago

What are some creative mods for the pin, picking up one this week.

1 month later
#128 7 years ago

I'll have my Corvette Pinball tomorrow. I look for an alternative translite but nothing seems to have been doing on this side. Did someone is able to make a sexier translite ... like the Mustang ...

#129 7 years ago

There's a hidden feature on the Corvette translite that I feel would have to be incorporated into an alternate translite for this game.

1 week later
#130 7 years ago

Can someone tell me where to find the LT-5 ramp protector ? I looked all over the net and they are all back order....

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Finished cleaning up Corvette last night. Changed out the lane guides and pop bumpers to blue. Also installed the evo lights on all 3 pops.

Looks great. Time to sell it to me

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from Joce:

Can someone tell me where to find the LT-5 ramp protector ? I looked all over the net and they are all back order....

http://www.pinballuniverse.com/corvetteramp.htm

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/corvette-ramps-protector-set.html?___store=green

#133 7 years ago

Thank you. I will check but I don't think this protector will match the LT-5 ramp.
Why this hole in the front of the ramp ???

corvetteramp3 (resized).jpgcorvetteramp3 (resized).jpg

#134 7 years ago

The hole is for an opto to shine through...

#135 7 years ago

Have a look at mantisamusement.com. Their Corvette protectors are great

#136 7 years ago

Hello everyone!!
I do not have photos of this or why it does not match up with the whole. I think this to be a proto since the translite is. Can anyone help me with this?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#137 7 years ago

Also looking for a bracket that holds the rt 66 sign above the rt 66 ramp.

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from Atlgills:

Hello everyone!!
I do not have photos of this or why it does not match up with the whole. I think this to be a proto since the translite is. Can anyone help me with this?

It actually should line up:

P1030896 (resized).JPGP1030896 (resized).JPG

The bracket looks like this, don´t know if it´s available anywhere:

P1030859 (resized).JPGP1030859 (resized).JPGP1030860 (resized).JPGP1030860 (resized).JPG

#139 7 years ago

I need the sign on the right ramp. Anyone have a scan to send me , or the actual plastic?

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Have a look at mantisamusement.com. Their Corvette protectors are great

Thanks for the info. I order the ramp protector set from Kerry at Mantisamusement.com and it's a perfect match. I'm more than happy !!!

#141 7 years ago

I even polished them up and they look great

P1080292 (resized).JPGP1080292 (resized).JPG

#142 7 years ago

WoW !!!! I think I will do the same thing !!!

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

I even polished them up and they look great

Looks great!

1 week later
#144 7 years ago

My corvette has been long gone but I came across some Corvette Race Track decals in my parts that I am getting ready to list for sale in the market place. Any ideas on what something like this goes for?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#145 7 years ago

need the sign on the right ramp. Anyone have a scan to send me , or the actual plastic?

anyone have the plastic I seek / or a scan of it ?

#146 7 years ago

Does anyone know where i can find a black lockdown bar?

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Does anyone know where i can find a black lockdown bar?

I will probably have mine available soon as I think I am chroming it out.

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I will probably have mine available soon as I think I am chroming it out.

Alright, that would be awesome. Keep me posted.

4 weeks later
#149 7 years ago

I just openend a new topic about an Engine fix: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-engine-fixed#post-3556907

Just in case somebody needs it......

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Just a heads up for you guys if you remove the race track, be sure the backing plate for the screws at the end of the track stays in place when you re-install the track.
I had finished shopping out my game and put the race track back in, played the game daily for a week without a problem and then one day no more action on the track. After going through menu testing (left car goes 2/3rds of the way up and stops, "test failed" on dmd, right car never moves), I pulled the glass and the pf back and seen a puff of smoke come from the back side of the track. "Not good" I thought, turned off the machine and pulled the track again.
What I found was the backing plate was loose inside the track and had made contact with the track limit opto board across it's contacts and fried it out, from what I could see and smell. This board had been obviously worked on before, with optos replaced and a jumper wire soldered in.

Instead of trying to diagnose and rebuild this board I went ahead and ordered a new set of boards from Great Lakes Modular for $60.

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/
I'm not sure what caused the backing plate to come loose or how it stayed in place anyway, other than I must not have had the screws installed properly. I used a piece of double-sided sticky tape to hold the plate in place this time, so as not to take any chances.

New boards installed and all is fine now and I'm back to racing.

I have a recently shopped my Corvette game and now the race track isn't functioning. During the re-build I had the track partially disconnected, started it up to check on other issues. The left car wen't down the track 3/4 the way and the right car didn't move. I have since completed the re-build and the test shows a failure in the track. I have looked at the track boards and they don't look like they were damaged. I've also tried re-setting the track via the menu but have been unable to do anything with the settings.

Is there anything else anyone could suggest I should try to check before I order new track boards to see if they are the reason for the failure?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 603 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-club-members-only-but-pledges-allowed/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.