(Topic ID: 110634)

Corvette Club (members only but passengers allowed)

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 603 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240313_193654 (resized).jpg
20240313_193708 (resized).jpg
Get Your Kicks on Route 66 A Road Map to Bally’s Corvette (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Playfield Overview (2) (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Noah's Strats (resized).png
P1070757 (resized).JPG
P1070750 (resized).JPG
P1070749 (resized).JPG
IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0374 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7821 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230322_182632 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200607_184103 (resized).jpg
IMG_2651 (resized).jpg
CORVT PST (resized).jpg
There are 603 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.
#51 8 years ago

Hi fellow Corvette pinball owners, I need someone’s help, I’m having a problem with my engine Not centering. I’ve tried everything I can think of and had 2 techs come out and try and fix it both left Puzzled. What I would like to do is take both the master and slave motor boards out of my machine and test them in your working machine, to help figure out where the problem lies. If someone has a Corvette pinball machine that’s working within a 3 hr. drive of 44116 rocky river Ohio and would be so kind as to let me do so I would be Vary grateful you can check this thread to see what I have already done Thanks Tony

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-repair-end-of-the-linenow-what

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-pinball-owners-help-needed

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The women in the game are known for speaking European languages. Seriously, your pin is fine. Very few of the Route 66 girls take in English.
Watch Bowen's Corvette tutorial for proof:
» YouTube video

Mine always speaks in English...

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Hi fellow Corvette pinball owners, I need someone’s help, I’m having a problem with my engine Not centering. I’ve tried everything I can think of and had 2 techs come out and try and fix it both left Puzzled.

Tony, good luck with your search, I'm way too far from you but would be willing to help if you want to ship me the boards. I can even take a shot at fixing them if you would like.

What do you mean that your engine is not centering? During gameplay, the engine is tilted one way or the other and the ramp does not line up? Mine does not go back to center after initialization (power on), it sits to one side. Once I start the game, it centers... What are you seeing?

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Tony, good luck with your search, I'm way too far from you but would be willing to help if you want to ship me the boards. I can even take a shot at fixing them if you would like.
What do you mean that your engine is not centering? During gameplay, the engine is tilted one way or the other and the ramp does not line up? Mine does not go back to center after initialization (power on), it sits to one side. Once I start the game, it centers... What are you seeing?

Thanks I might take you up on that. I cant find anyone around here who can help...
I mean the engine will not center at all if you run the engine test it fails. if you run the center adjust test and try adjusting the potentiometer it just flops back and forth I have a video on one of the above threads I'll try and repost it thanks

#56 8 years ago

What does it do during a game? Will it rev when hitting the left flipper before launching the ball and otherwise work?

#57 8 years ago

No, you definitely should be able to stand a nickel up on end on an LT5 while idling.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Mine always speaks in English...

Mine speaks German, French, and English. When speaking German and French it translates with English subtitles!

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

What does it do during a game? Will it rev when hitting the left flipper before launching the ball and otherwise work?

There are times I can get it to shake when before the ball launches and during a game. But that depends on if it makes it through the initialization .but it still won't stop at the center position..is there a chance you can post a video of the engine during test.. and during centering adjust test?
I've seen a video of the engine at start up and it a appears to creep from one side to the other. Like the coils are being pulsed.mine doesn't do that. And when the game starts the engine snaps to center .mine doesn't do that eather

3 weeks later
#61 8 years ago

bump still jacked!

#62 8 years ago

Can I be in the club with this ? image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#63 8 years ago

Hi Everyone, been restoring my Corvette pinball, power coated legs side rails and coin box outer trim in of course Chevy Orange. Stripped playfield and Novus 2 and waxed, replaced all three ramps, led playfield and back box, installed third pop bumper lamp. replaced all cabinet bolts with silver plated ones, and chrome flipper buttons, New flipper coils and rebuilds orange silicone flipper rubbers and translucent on slings, switch to white rubbers everywhere else replaced plastics with new set,but can't seem to find out where the larger of the two pieces in the pic goes.

So any ideas where this last piece of the puzzle goes?

photo.jpgphoto.jpg

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

Hi Everyone, been restoring my Corvette pinball, power coated legs side rails and coin box outer trim in of course Chevy Orange. Stripped playfield and Novus 2 and waxed, replaced all three ramps, led playfield and back box, installed third pop bumper lamp. replaced all cabinet bolts with silver plated ones, and chrome flipper buttons, New flipper coils and rebuilds orange silicone flipper rubbers and translucent on slings, switch to white rubbers everywhere else replaced plastics with new set,but can't seem to find out where the larger of the two pieces in the pic goes.

@silverball0: can´t help you with that plastic part because my Corvette restoration is still in its early stages, but wanted to ask you where you got the ramps from. PSPA? Or did you find another source?

#65 8 years ago

lt-5 ramp from Starship fantasy, extra thick ramp complete with decal and one set of optos. Skid plate ramp came from PSPA, and the big combo ramp was a NOS ramp found on ebay, seems nobody is reproducing this ramp.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

I just happen to be in the middle of a shop job on mine, and the only triangular piece of clear plastic I've noticed is mounted at the end of the shooter lane on top of the plastic as a ball guide.

The holes and shape on yours don't match mine, but it should work. Plus there's one extra hole not used on mine, probably a piece they pulled from some other game stock during production maybe.

IMG_1604.jpgIMG_1604.jpg

#67 8 years ago

Thanks, I have that piece as well. just this triangliar piece seems to have no home. The game didn't have one when I got it so I assumed it was broken or removed. It may well be something that was never installed.

#69 8 years ago

Got into pinball about three years ago. Having owned 27 Corvettes since 1974 when I found out there was a Corvette pin I had to have one. It was my second purchase. Very nice condition,great playfield and cabinet, no fade. I added LED's in some areas. This one is staying home!!

#70 8 years ago

Pinball Spare Parts Australia ====PSPA

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

lt-5 ramp from Starship fantasy, extra thick ramp complete with decal and one set of optos. Skid plate ramp came from PSPA, and the big combo ramp was a NOS ramp found on ebay, seems nobody is reproducing this ramp.

Hi silverball0,
PSPA also has the big combo ramp (called race track ramp) in their shop and even the lower decal. Just the upper decal is sold out there.
What did you do about the grey-yellow decal underneath the Skid plate ramp? Did you get that from somewhere, too?
Cheers
Herbert

#72 8 years ago

I couldn't find the skid pad decal anywhere, so in the mean time I am running without it, but a friend that owns a vinyl decal sign shop is trying to make a copy. Once he has a sample or two then I will also try to slowly remove the original from the old ramp to see about reusing it

1 week later
#73 8 years ago

Hi,
for my soon to start Corvette restoration I´m in need of a few playfield decals:

- the X-mas tree top decal
- the loop ramp decal (the gray-yellow one saying SKID PAD)
- the backboard decal (the big one)
- both race track decals

Does anybody offer those or does anyone have printable files or hi-res pictures of those?

Thanks
Herbert

#75 8 years ago

FYI Jack Danger spot lighting corvette all week. Twitch (dead flip). Show up and give him some tips! Time 6-8pm est.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

Is this one of the decals you require?
ebay.com link » Bally Corvette Pinball Machine Playfield Back Panel Wood Decal New Nos Rare

exactly, that´s one of them. Funny that I didn´t find that, although I have a permanent query for Corvette on Ebay......

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

Is this one of the decals you require?
ebay.com link » Bally Corvette Pinball Machine Playfield Back Panel Wood Decal New Nos Rare

exactly, that´s one of them. Funny that I didn´t find that, although I have a permanent query for Corvette on Ebay......

#78 8 years ago

planetary pinball is listing the L5 motor ramp decal for 10 dollars as well

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

planetary pinball is listing the L5 motor ramp decal for 10 dollars as well

that one I got already from MoP

1 week later
#80 8 years ago

Just a heads up for you guys if you remove the race track, be sure the backing plate for the screws at the end of the track stays in place when you re-install the track.

I had finished shopping out my game and put the race track back in, played the game daily for a week without a problem and then one day no more action on the track. After going through menu testing (left car goes 2/3rds of the way up and stops, "test failed" on dmd, right car never moves), I pulled the glass and the pf back and seen a puff of smoke come from the back side of the track. "Not good" I thought, turned off the machine and pulled the track again.

What I found was the backing plate was loose inside the track and had made contact with the track limit opto board across it's contacts and fried it out, from what I could see and smell. This board had been obviously worked on before, with optos replaced and a jumper wire soldered in.

IMG_1639.JPGIMG_1639.JPG
IMG_1646.JPGIMG_1646.JPG

Instead of trying to diagnose and rebuild this board I went ahead and ordered a new set of boards from Great Lakes Modular for $60.

IMG_1642.JPGIMG_1642.JPG
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/

I'm not sure what caused the backing plate to come loose or how it stayed in place anyway, other than I must not have had the screws installed properly. I used a piece of double-sided sticky tape to hold the plate in place this time, so as not to take any chances.

IMG_1640.JPGIMG_1640.JPG
IMG_1641.JPGIMG_1641.JPG

New boards installed and all is fine now and I'm back to racing.

IMG_1643.JPGIMG_1643.JPG
IMG_1645.JPGIMG_1645.JPG
IMG_1651.JPGIMG_1651.JPG

1 week later
#81 8 years ago

I love the speed of this game. Thinking of buying one. How is the code? Are there different strategies?

#82 8 years ago

Speaking of code, I just got my corvette up and running after a shopping out with all new ramps, powder coated legs, hinges and coin door trim all in chevy orange. Turned my thoughts to the rom versions and currently have PX-2 which seems to be not on IPDb list or Planetary, would this be a proto game?

#83 8 years ago

possibly but guessing there would be some other indicators. Red boards? Any inserts that do no match color/lettering of other games?

I thought protos all had the shifter on the side of the cab?

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

I just got my Corvette up and running after a shopping out with all new ramps, powder coated legs, hinges and coin door trim all in chevy orange.

I'd like to see some pics of that!

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

possibly but guessing there would be some other indicators. Red boards? Any inserts that do no match color/lettering of other games?
I thought protos all had the shifter on the side of the cab?

No red boards and game looks like final run, no shifter either, just strange that it has this version of software.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

No red boards and game looks like final run, no shifter either, just strange that it has this version of software.

not really. I have seen other titles with oddball stuff that went out the door.

May be a good idea to order the newest ROM from one of the regulars and ask if they want the old one for archival purposes. I know some of them do a great job of keeping copies of all versions of all games.

I had a VND at one point with a unique ROM and gave it to viper so he could check ti out and catalog it.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I'd like to see some pics of that!

Some pics of the game, I used silicone white rubbers on the slings, replaced the red posts with chrome, all cab bolts are chrome and flipper buttons as well, of course all mechanical has gone through as well, and LED lighting.

photo_1.jpgphoto_1.jpg

photo_2.jpgphoto_2.jpg

photo_3.jpgphoto_3.jpg

photo_4.jpgphoto_4.jpg

photo_5.jpgphoto_5.jpg

1 week later
#88 8 years ago

Anybody have shop out pics from this game they can share?

Especially concerned with the no 2 solenoid - lower engine rev gate assembly. This is the solenoid that is under the ramp, and the gate that holds the ball in the engine during rev mode.

#89 8 years ago

I just picked up corvette last night. It is going to be a keeper for sure.

both_pins.jpgboth_pins.jpg

#90 8 years ago

I'm in. I've had a Corvette pin for several years. I just found Pinside this week though. I had an '86 Vette until this spring. I love Corvettes but had lost interest in my '86. I might buy another one some day. I'm pretty sure I'll keep the Corvette pin in my collection. It's a good machine. My girls speak different languages too. Maybe different software if yours don't? Mine says, "rev 2.1" on power-up.

I had John Ross, Pinball Plus, install a computer power supply to power the boards. He said they have much more stable power than the transformer does.

I also have the Corvette framed poster. That girl is hot!

2015-10-08_22.21.02.jpg2015-10-08_22.21.02.jpg

#91 8 years ago

photo (1).JPGphoto (1).JPGphoto.JPGphoto.JPGJust chromed up the back box on my corvette, to finish off the modding and fully shopped.photo.JPGphoto.JPG

Just chromed up the back box, to complete the mod's and fully shopped~

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

I couldn't find the skid pad decal anywhere, so in the mean time I am running without it, but a friend that owns a vinyl decal sign shop is trying to make a copy. Once he has a sample or two then I will also try to slowly remove the original from the old ramp to see about reusing it

Hi silverball0, was your friend successful in making a copy of the Skid Pad Ramp decal? I´m still looking for one, because that ramp is also broken on mine (like the other two).

#93 8 years ago

Not entirely, the samples he made did not come out very clear, and they wrinkled when applying to the ramp. I was successful in slowly removing the old decal off the broken ramp and re-using it on the new one however.

#94 8 years ago

Anybody selling a corvette pin some what close to Missouri?

3 weeks later
#95 8 years ago

Joined yesterday. What a fun game.

It will get a few small tasteful mods. (Some LEDs, light up the dragstrip, and a shifter ball for the shooter)

20151111_194205.jpg20151111_194205.jpg20151111_194200.jpg20151111_194200.jpg20151111_194144.jpg20151111_194144.jpg

#96 8 years ago

nice where did you get it?

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

nice where did you get it?

Came up locally through word of mouth.

Picked it up along with a very workable project xenon.

#98 8 years ago

Corvettes don't come up for sale often. There's a reason...it's a great pin!

#99 8 years ago

Just a quick warning: there´s a guy on Ebay offering backboard decals for Corvette. If there aren´t two versions of the backboard then his decal is just crap. The left hole is way, way off from where it should be and in the top right corner the decal is just a bit too wide.

// Error: Image 474302 not found // // Error: Image 474303 not found //

// Error: Image 474301 not found //

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Joined yesterday. What a fun game.

It will get a few small tasteful mods. (Some LEDs, light up the dragstrip, and a shifter ball for the shooter)

Here are a couple of ideas for you:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-controlled-speaker-led-lights

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-drag-strip-under-lighting

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 37.50
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 603 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-club-members-only-but-pledges-allowed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.