(Topic ID: 110634)

Corvette Club (members only but passengers allowed)

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 603 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240313_193654 (resized).jpg
20240313_193708 (resized).jpg
Get Your Kicks on Route 66 A Road Map to Bally’s Corvette (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Playfield Overview (2) (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Noah's Strats (resized).png
P1070757 (resized).JPG
P1070750 (resized).JPG
P1070749 (resized).JPG
IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0374 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7821 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230322_182632 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200607_184103 (resized).jpg
IMG_2651 (resized).jpg
CORVT PST (resized).jpg
There are 603 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I don't have a corvette anymore, but does that coil use dual windings like a flipper? If so that is where I would look if it pops but doesn't hold.

The hold did work 2 days ago so I don’t think it’s the coil windings

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

The hold did work 2 days ago so I don’t think it’s the coil windings

Could be solder joints on the lugs too. It may be simple. I would certainly inspect and ohm out the coil though to make sure before looking at the driver board.

2 weeks later
#453 2 years ago

Picked up a Corvette today, had a question for you all. Is the first multiball always a 2-ball? I seem to only get multiball after locking 2 balls initially. After that multiball, it seems to allow 3 balls to lock, but only kicks out two on multiball.

I'm not really sure of the expected behavior, but wondering if maybe I have a switch or trough opto issue or something.

TIA

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

Picked up a Corvette today, had a question for you all. Is the first multiball always a 2-ball? I seem to only get multiball after locking 2 balls initially. After that multiball, it seems to allow 3 balls to lock, but only kicks out two on multiball.
I'm not really sure of the expected behavior, but wondering if maybe I have a switch or trough opto issue or something.
TIA

If you’re talking the Multiball from the LT5 ramp lock it’s always 3ball

#455 2 years ago

Hi all,

I need the highway 66 sign. Anyone have this? Mine is missing. Also, if someone has one side of the spark plug wires from their original game they can sell, I'd appreciate it.

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

If you’re talking the Multiball from the LT5 ramp lock it’s always 3ball

Yep - LT5. Mine is always 2-ball - not sure what's going on there.

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

Yep - LT5. Mine is always 2-ball - not sure what's going on there.

Looks like it was a sticky switch. When the 2nd ball locked, it would hit the #3 lock switch and roll down to the #2 slot. The #3 lock switch was taking just slightly too long to return to its base position, causing the machine to think there were 3 balls locked, which would start multiball.

That was a weird one...

Now to figure out why neither the upper engine gate is not closing quick enough and allowing balls to pass through the engine when lock is lit...

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

Looks like it was a sticky switch. When the 2nd ball locked, it would hit the #3 lock switch and roll down to the #2 slot. The #3 lock switch was taking just slightly too long to return to its base position, causing the machine to think there were 3 balls locked, which would start multiball.
That was a weird one...
Now to figure out why neither the upper engine gate is not closing quick enough and allowing balls to pass through the engine when lock is lit...

Did you get the one from facebook market? I considered it, but I already went through two Corvette machines this year and didn't have it in me to do another

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Did you get the one from facebook market? I considered it, but I already went through two Corvette machines this year and didn't have it in me to do another

I did. Such an underrated game, but I'm biased since I gravitate toward 90's DMD, and prefer lighter rulesets

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

I did. Such an underrated game, but I'm biased since I gravitate toward 90's DMD, and prefer lighter rulesets

Totally agree. It is fantastic. Great layout and I dig the theme too. Congrats and hopefully you can get your gate issue sorted. I would start with simply cleaning it all up and checking wiring.

#461 2 years ago

OK here's a dumb question. I finally got my Corvette up and running. Next step is tearing the playfield down and cleaning/shopping it out. Is this game really as big of a pain in the butt to shop as it kind of looks/people make it out to be?

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

OK here's a dumb question. I finally got my Corvette up and running. Next step is tearing the playfield down and cleaning/shopping it out. Is this game really as big of a pain in the butt to shop as it kind of looks/people make it out to be?

Take a bunch of pictures. The tough stuff for me was bringing the LT-5 or racetrack back to life. Expect to spend a good amount of time on it. It has stuff just all over when you look at the back board, ejects, gates, diverter, etc. When you get it clean, waxed, new rings, new LED's though... Plays fast and fun for sure.

#463 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me if this is the correct functionality and positioning of the rear LT5 gate? I'm having issues with balls passing through when they shouldn't, and the gate implementation seems a little odd to me:

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I've done several and it can be hectic . The upper most ramp is very flexible and can crack easily. As mentioned, take many pictures. Enjoy it, fun game for sure.

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I've done several and it can be hectic . The upper most ramp is very flexible and can crack easily. As mentioned, take many pictures. Enjoy it, fun game for sure.

Thanks Chad, I think I can handle it, I just always start getting cold feet before a big tear down. I'm lucky this thing is really nice, I don't think it has many plays on it for a 90's game, but I also don't think its been cleaned more than 1-2 times in its entire life. Not sure if this is the game where I teach myself to learn to flame polish ramps or not lol

#466 2 years ago

Help ! could someone please post a picture of the ZR1 lockup coil on their game so I can see how it is wired up? its solenoid #15 in the manual part # AE 30-2000

#467 2 years ago

Still looking for any advice that anyone can give on the LT5 exit gate. My frustration is growing immensely.

The gate is allowing balls through that it shouldn't. When it returns to its "home" position, it's not going down far enough. The spring has just enough tension that it's raising it just enough to let the ball through. It's not a technical issue, the solenoid fires as it should. Its a mechanical issue, and it's driving me nuts

I've tried bending the gate slightly so the solenoid will "pull" it at a slightly different angle. I tried stretching the spring slightly so in hopes it would put less tension on the gate an not pull it up ever so slightly. Nothing is working, and the game is pretty boring when you can never lock balls

Does anyone have ANY suggestions? I'm out of ideas. Is a replacement gate available? I'm willing to try a new gate and a new spring.

Also having a similar issue with the gate at the top of the playfield that's supposed to stop the ball during launch, but I haven't dared look at that one yet. Love this game but man there are some quirky things. The design of the gates with the springs seems really bad IMO.

ETA: Also if anyone would be able to take a picture of their gate that would be awesome. I'm looking to see the position of the little lever on the left side where the spring connects.

#468 2 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

Still looking for any advice that anyone can give on the LT5 exit gate. My frustration is growing immensely.
The gate is allowing balls through that it shouldn't. When it returns to its "home" position, it's not going down far enough. The spring has just enough tension that it's raising it just enough to let the ball through. It's not a technical issue, the solenoid fires as it should. Its a mechanical issue, and it's driving me nuts
I've tried bending the gate slightly so the solenoid will "pull" it at a slightly different angle. I tried stretching the spring slightly so in hopes it would put less tension on the gate an not pull it up ever so slightly. Nothing is working, and the game is pretty boring when you can never lock balls
Does anyone have ANY suggestions? I'm out of ideas. Is a replacement gate available? I'm willing to try a new gate and a new spring.
Also having a similar issue with the gate at the top of the playfield that's supposed to stop the ball during launch, but I haven't dared look at that one yet. Love this game but man there are some quirky things. The design of the gates with the springs seems really bad IMO.
ETA: Also if anyone would be able to take a picture of their gate that would be awesome. I'm looking to see the position of the little lever on the left side where the spring connects.

Try buying a new spring from Marco Specialties. Also where the stop washer (it is rubber) is placed on the wire makes a difference. Mine kept coming off as it was inside the spring hook, I moved it to the outside of the spring hook and have had no problems ever since.

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Help ! could someone please post a picture of the ZR1 lockup coil on their game so I can see how it is wired up? its solenoid #15 in the manual part # AE 30-2000

Morning bump?

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Try buying a new spring from Marco Specialties. Also where the stop washer (it is rubber) is placed on the wire makes a difference. Mine kept coming off as it was inside the spring hook, I moved it to the outside of the spring hook and have had no problems ever since.

Thanks - it's currently out of stock but hopefully they'll get some more.

#471 2 years ago

Hope this helps:

IMG_1109 (resized).jpgIMG_1109 (resized).jpg
#472 2 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

Hope this helps:[quoted image]

Exactly what I needed Thank you Much!!

#473 2 years ago

Highway 66 sign needed. Also, can someone post a pic showing the back of the sign and how it is mounted? I'm missing the sign and the mounting bracket.

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Highway 66 sign needed. Also, can someone post a pic showing the back of the sign and how it is mounted? I'm missing the sign and the mounting bracket.

Can I trade you for a picture of your back engine gate, particularly where the spring connects to the lever?

My Hwy 66 sign has for sure been messed with at some point, but it's mounted via two screws coming up through the bottom - not sure if that's original or not:

IMG_1118 (resized).jpgIMG_1118 (resized).jpg
#475 2 years ago

thanks for the pic. Can you post a pic the back engine gate area where you're speaking of? I just want to make sure I'm taking a pic of the right thing.

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

thanks for the pic. Can you post a pic the back engine gate area where you're speaking of? I just want to make sure I'm taking a pic of the right thing.

If you could get a similar pic to this:

IMG_1120 (resized).jpgIMG_1120 (resized).jpg
#477 2 years ago

Not the best pic, but I dug through what I had from my last shop job. There is a second washer/holder on this one that yours doesn't have.

vette (resized).JPGvette (resized).JPG
#478 2 years ago

Thanks that's helpful. Something is definitely off with my lever, yours points vertical (which makes sense), and mine points toward the back of the cab. I'm going to just buy a new lever (I think it's available) and a new spring.

Yeah I had that 2nd plastic washer but now it's been dropped somewhere in the cabinet and not yet found

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

Thanks that's helpful. Something is definitely off with my lever, yours points vertical (which makes sense), and mine points toward the back of the cab. I'm going to just buy a new lever (I think it's available) and a new spring.
Yeah I had that 2nd plastic washer but now it's been dropped somewhere in the cabinet and not yet found

Found one more. This is from the first game I shopped while that first pic was from the second game I shopped.

20210327_210113.jpg20210327_210113.jpg
#480 2 years ago

Thanks again. I think I got it working with a combination of bending the lever to a more "normal" position, and stretching the spring slightly to put less pull force on it. No clue how it got into the configuration it was in.

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

If you could get a similar pic to this:

Mine looks like the others. I have a silicone washer on each side. I didn't think uploading a photo would help since it's the same.

#482 2 years ago

Does anyone still offer the LT5 engine cover mod? Mine is also missing the route 66 sign and mounting bracket if anyone has a source for those

#483 2 years ago

Does everyone's spark plug wires on the left side of the engine hit the wire habtrail ramp? Seems like the newer orange wires are not flexible enough and cause the engine to report back an error as it restricts movement. I hot glued mine down to avoid this issue.

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Does anyone still offer the LT5 engine cover mod? Mine is also missing the route 66 sign and mounting bracket if anyone has a source for those

I have a spare engine cover but I'm also in Australia. Can ship it if you're happy to pay shipping

#485 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have a spare engine cover but I'm also in Australia. Can ship it if you're happy to pay shipping

I believe he was looking for the engine cover mod. I can use the engine cover though. PM me with shipping info.

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

I believe he was looking for the engine cover mod. I can use the engine cover though. PM me with shipping info.

The mod is what I have sorry, not the grey plastic engine

#487 2 years ago

One hurdle after another here

I need to replace the inner loop switch, which I thought was going to be an easy job, but it appears the right/Hwy 66 ramp needs to come off completely in order to get at it. Anyone who's done a teardown recently have any tips? It didn't look like a quick job, maybe I'm overestimating.

#488 2 years ago

Not listed yet but is anyone looking for a nice Corvette machine in the Maryland area? I have one! hit me up! Mìke

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

One hurdle after another here
I need to replace the inner loop switch, which I thought was going to be an easy job, but it appears the right/Hwy 66 ramp needs to come off completely in order to get at it. Anyone who's done a teardown recently have any tips? It didn't look like a quick job, maybe I'm overestimating.

I had to do that too. No easy way about it. Gonna have to remove ramps to get in there unfortunately. In my case the switch was fine, but the actuator was simply missing. Had to unscrew the switch still to put on the actuator though so pretty much the same process.

#490 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Not listed yet but is anyone looking for a nice Corvette machine in the Maryland area? I have one! hit me up! Mìke

I actually had a user message me yesterday looking for one. I don't know where they are located. Maybe send them a message.

Gulfstreamv365

#491 2 years ago

I have the custom Route 66 mounting bracket if anyone is looking for that. It’s in the pin side shops.

1 week later
#492 2 years ago

There doesn't seem that anyone produces custom plastic protectors for Corvette. Does anyone know if a sling set from another game can be used?
Currently just using those clear disc's but my sling still got damaged....too much speed with corvette!

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

There doesn't seem that anyone produces custom plastic protectors for Corvette. Does anyone know if a sling set from another game can be used?
Currently just using those clear disc's but my sling still got damaged....too much speed with corvette!

Yes, just look around. I used in my Corvette an extra set of Sling Protectors that I had for Attack from Mars. Also GOT and BKSOR seem to fit.

#494 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Yes, just look around. I used in my Corvette an extra set of Sling Protectors that I had for Attack from Mars. Also GOT and BKSOR seem to fit.

Thanks! If that is the case then the sellers should be aware of this to increase their sales.

1 week later
#495 2 years ago

Stopping in here to see if anybody can help me with a Corvette.
I need to know how the service rails attach under play field at the sling shots.
Right now they are not attached star post goes through pf and into a t-nut and no thread past t-nut for service rail

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from N8man:

Stopping in here to see if anybody can help me with a Corvette.
I need to know how the service rails attach under play field at the sling shots.
Right now they are not attached star post goes through pf and into a t-nut and no thread past t-nut for service rail

You need a post that has extra length to go past the t-nut, through the service rail, then leave thread for a not/washer to hold the rail.

It should be one of these. I ordered both a while back, but don't remember which for sure I used. Likely the longer post is correct.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4425-3

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4425-1

1 month later
#497 2 years ago

Sign me up batman. Needs a new cab and some board repairs but the playfield has already been sorted. I cannot wait for this to be playable. It’s pure 90’s pinball for me. Now to trawl the club tips and tricks!

36870586-6AE3-4FCD-BC50-0EF7E49A326B (resized).jpeg36870586-6AE3-4FCD-BC50-0EF7E49A326B (resized).jpeg55D099CC-59D7-4C03-A321-7C2A51E6CAFF (resized).jpeg55D099CC-59D7-4C03-A321-7C2A51E6CAFF (resized).jpeg89CF7AE1-0309-4316-A4BA-E06FB70B3743 (resized).jpeg89CF7AE1-0309-4316-A4BA-E06FB70B3743 (resized).jpegA243FACE-1294-45B8-872B-289D5FCE7A8F (resized).jpegA243FACE-1294-45B8-872B-289D5FCE7A8F (resized).jpegB295341A-BC64-4EA6-A7A4-E4D67D4E4B73 (resized).jpegB295341A-BC64-4EA6-A7A4-E4D67D4E4B73 (resized).jpegDF629EE4-2EFD-49BD-A01B-65899BACF582 (resized).jpegDF629EE4-2EFD-49BD-A01B-65899BACF582 (resized).jpegEE9F2921-EFA0-4A5A-A1B2-B113BB4CAC6B (resized).jpegEE9F2921-EFA0-4A5A-A1B2-B113BB4CAC6B (resized).jpegFA878787-5B5C-4323-A5DC-641441F5E224 (resized).jpegFA878787-5B5C-4323-A5DC-641441F5E224 (resized).jpeg
#498 2 years ago

Guys. I’m in trouble and I need your help. Does ANYONE have any spare parts from the engine ramp? I bought a project machine in good faith it was complete and having explored the engine it’s missing the exit gate and a couple of other parts.
Having explored this group I even found the post from several years agowhere the previous owner asks for the same parts, obviously to no avail.
If anyone has a populated playfield or any parts they could bail me out with please reach out.
Here’s hoping
Gaz

#499 2 years ago

hi guys, still looking for a translite...pm me...

#500 2 years ago

Double post

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 603 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-club-members-only-but-pledges-allowed/page/10?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.