(Topic ID: 110634)

Corvette Club (members only but passengers allowed)

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 603 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240313_193654 (resized).jpg
20240313_193708 (resized).jpg
Get Your Kicks on Route 66 A Road Map to Bally’s Corvette (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Playfield Overview (2) (resized).png
Corvette Pinball Noah's Strats (resized).png
P1070757 (resized).JPG
P1070750 (resized).JPG
P1070749 (resized).JPG
IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0374 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7821 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230322_182632 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200607_184103 (resized).jpg
IMG_2651 (resized).jpg
CORVT PST (resized).jpg
There are 603 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.
#1 9 years ago

I recently picked up a vette and was suprised to see there is no members club yet.

I originally played this game at PAPA earlier this year and fell in love with the flow, challenge, and brutal shots that require accuracy. I also love the orbit drop pass capability and the ability/challenge to light a real kickback. I knew right away that this is a game that will make me a better player. I also have wanted to add another classic Bally title to the collection.

I dropped out of the VND club in order to gain memebership in the corvette club. I think I made the right decision! This is such a great game!!! I am super stoked to have found one with such a nice playfield!

No pics currently, but I will get some in a bit.

My game has a nice pf and topside but the cab has some issues, the coin door is dented in, and the legs are toast. It appears to have originally spent a hard life in a garage/smokey bar but was pretty well maintained inside which is what really matters.

I currently have an intermittent loss of flipper power issue and have not been able to find the time to work on it yet but hope to have time over the holiday weekend. No worries though as I will get it cleaned up nicely and the price was good.

Not sure if it will get the full cab treatment but atleast there are new cab decals out there if I opt to do it. Such a fun game and if I decide it is a keeper then maybe I will try my first full cab job.

Anyone else have love for vette? Any cool mods? Any powder coat? Any good custom rule cards (I need some since none on my game)?

#2 9 years ago

also, anyone changed out the standups for drops? Anyone have the shifter on the side?

#3 9 years ago

Here's a link to some rule cards.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/

#4 9 years ago

I want one some day. I've even bought a CPR plastic set and am on the list for the PF.

Fun game that can be very tough. This would be a great game for some 2.0 rules as well.

#5 9 years ago

This pin is on my "Dream" list. I have two Vettes so I feel like it belongs.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone else have love for vette? Any cool mods? Any powder coat?

When I bought my machine, the side rails and legs were purple powder coated.

FYI, here are a couple of old threads of my Corvette LED mods:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-drag-strip-under-lighting
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-controlled-speaker-led-lights

I also added 7 Hot Wheel Corvettes, one representing each of the 7 generations:

HotWheels.jpgHotWheels.jpg

Dennis

#7 9 years ago

I take it you did not like the powder based on the picture you posted without powder?

have any pictures from when it was powdered?

#8 9 years ago

I really like your diffuser under track lighting mod. Cool idea!

It looks like someone previously started to drill out my ramp to be able to replace the second pop light like you did but then stopped mid way (1 hole partially drilled). I was not sure why there would be a hole in the ramp at that spot but now I can see what they were thinking.
PB251085.JPGPB251085.JPG

#9 9 years ago

That sucks as that ramp is impossible to find. I keep my eyes open for one of those for the future as all the ones I look at seem to be yellow or cracking. Looks like a complex ramp to so I'm not hopefully it will ever get remade.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I take it you did not like the powder based on the picture you posted without powder?
have any pictures from when it was powdered?

The purple powder coat is spectacular! Here is the link to what I bought:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-in-az-corvette-with-beautiful-purple-armor

Quoted from Whysnow:

It looks like someone started to drill out my ramp to be able to replace the second pop light like you did but then stopped mid way (1 hole partially drilled). I was not sure why there would be a hole in the ramp at that spot but now I can see what they were thinking.

I would drill it again. I have experience working with plastic. Go slow and use a dull drill bit. Since then I replaced the pop bumpers lights with LEDs. I've installed LEDs in all the locations under the play field and in the back box except for the flashers.

#11 9 years ago

Doing a no expense spared restoration on mine right now cabinet is done finished in all chrome. Just waiting for cpr for the playfield

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-cabinet-swap-deatils-virtuapin

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That sucks as that ramp is impossible to find. I keep my eyes open for one of those for the future as all the ones I look at seem to be yellow or cracking. Looks like a complex ramp to so I'm not hopefully it will ever get remade.

Yeah I was pretty bummed to see the damage. I am guessing it is a ramp that won't be remade due to limited interest in this game. Hopefully i can find one at some point.

I don't plan on drilling it the remainder of the way as the ramp is intact currently and I have no interest in potentially breaking something hard/impossible to find. It plays fine as it is and hole does not appear to impact ball travel.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

Doing a no expense spared restoration on mine right now cabinet is done finished in all chrome. Just waiting for cpr for the playfield
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-cabinet-swap-deatils-virtuapin

WOW. I am not normally a fan of chrome but it really looks great on this title! Nice work!

I may be joining you in the cab restore portion at some point. It appears the back of the head on my game got wet at some point. Seems silly that everything else was plywood but the head had a mdf/particle board back.

Swelled and popped seams on the backside. I may try to sand it down at some point but I think it is likely too far gone based on the previously popped hinge which tells me it's likely pretty weak and glue failed from the moisture.

#14 9 years ago

I really loved this game in college. I had one for a month 2 years ago before I used it as trade bait for a TAF. Now I don't have either and wish I had Corvette back...weird??

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It looks like someone started to drill out my ramp to be able to replace the second pop light like you did but then stopped mid way (1 hole partially drilled). I was not sure why there would be a hole in the ramp at that spot but now I can see what they were thinking.

PB251085.JPG 319 KB

I have that ramp - didn't know that hard to find

That playfield is the nicest I have seen and that game plays flawlessly

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

I have that ramp - didn't know that hard to find
That playfield is the nicest I have seen and that game plays flawlessly

message sent

#17 9 years ago

If anyone has a spare ramp to sell, please let me know. Such a great game, I would love to have a spare to install if ever needed.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

also, anyone changed out the standups for drops? Anyone have the shifter on the side?

I have converted two Corvettes to the drop targets. I'm working on a restoration of one now.

#19 9 years ago

AWESOME! Do you have any photos or a how-to you could share?

I love drops and would love to do this to my game if it is not too hard.

#20 9 years ago

Played this game a lot at the york show. I've wanted to add one since. Also have the car, so I have to add the pin. Have a nice TFTC to trade towards one of anyone is interested.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

AWESOME! Do you have any photos or a how-to you could share?
I love drops and would love to do this to my game if it is not too hard.

Here's the machine I'm working on now, I'm about 95% done.Corvette 079.JPGCorvette 079.JPG

Corvette 080.JPGCorvette 080.JPG

#22 9 years ago

Here's a couple photo of the cabinet I just finished. I still need to install some new side rails. I also will be changing out the coin door.

Corvette 019.JPGCorvette 019.JPG
Corvette 020.JPGCorvette 020.JPG
Corvette 022.JPGCorvette 022.JPG
Corvette 023.JPGCorvette 023.JPG
Corvette 024.JPGCorvette 024.JPG

#23 9 years ago

glad this club thread is getting some wheels under it.

Vet-N-Vet. What drop target bank are you using?
Anyway I can convince you to do a tutorial on this. The phot alone has convinced me this is a must do! I love drop targets and that is a perfect place to have them on this game!

Most important is what drop bank so I can start looking for one now!

#24 9 years ago

I found this old link
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/archives/corvette.htm

but would still link to hear and see photos of how others installed the drops

#25 9 years ago

Gorgeous work, vet-n-vet

i just joined the club at 5 pm last night. Well, i’m a temporary member. My friend has a Corvette and the left flipper stays in the “up” position whenever activated. So he hasnt played the game in over a year (frankly, he doesnt really play any of his games...has about 8). So i took it off his hands (and a WPT) with the promise that i would service both games and get them in tip-top shape. The technician is coming over this afternoon. I will keep it until my Predator arrives (so i might keep it for a while) or my game room addition gets built.
Played it a bit last night with the glass off...lots going on with this pin...cant wait to play it....where does it rank among Gomez’ games?

#26 9 years ago

Pretty sure that you can use any 3 drop target assembly, eBay show a bunch of them on there for right around 50 bucks. The only stipulation is that if they're newer and use optos, you'll need an opto board, they can be had new for like 40 bucks.

#27 9 years ago

From Clay's post on the old archive "The only stipulation to this is the opto drop targets MUST have a LM339 chip mounted on the drop target opto board (newer drop target banks, 1992 and later, have the LM339 remotely mounted, and can not be used). "

I am not exactly sure how to tell which of the available ebay ones will fit the bill?

#28 9 years ago

Anything that isn't opto driven, like an old sorcerer bank should work I believe. But yes, confirmation from someone who's actually done it is a plus.

#29 9 years ago

ok, I bought a used 3bank from a pool sharks. This seems to be the closest fit to what Clay had described in the previous link.

#30 9 years ago

Should be pretty cool, I'd like to see it in action if it works out.

#31 9 years ago

I will be sure to photograph if I can figure it out and it works.

I would still love to see more photos and info from someone that has done it, please!

#32 9 years ago

I have a used LT5 ramp for sale, it's in fair shape. There is a crack between the two opto holes on the left side, and a couple of the mounting holes are melted from removing the rivets. But, would probably work if you used a washer on each side. If you're interested shoot me a message and I'll send some pics.

#33 9 years ago

I'm interested in putting a drop target bank in my Corvette as well.

#34 9 years ago

Member checking in! Only had it over a month or so now, but it is very fun and VERY brutal. Definitely not for the faint of heart. Added Sparky's micro display mod - looks spectacular mounted directly to the left of the LT5 ramp. Got a 12 minute video playing of all sorts of Corvettes; it suites the pin very well!

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

glad this club thread is getting some wheels under it.
Vet-N-Vet. What drop target bank are you using?
Anyway I can convince you to do a tutorial on this. The phot alone has convinced me this is a must do! I love drop targets and that is a perfect place to have them on this game!
Most important is what drop bank so I can start looking for one now!

I have converted two games to drops. The Williams Radical drop is a great one to use. Just follow the link below and it tells you how to do the conversion.

Opto style 3-bank drop targets work fine! You do NOT have to use microswitch drop targets. The only stipulation to this is the opto drop targets MUST have a LM339 chip mounted on the drop target opto board (newer drop target banks, 1992 and later, have the LM339 remotely mounted, and can not be used

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/archives/corvette.htm

Rob

#36 9 years ago

Thanks Rob,

I picked up a Pool Sharkz drop target assmbly and should be here in a few days. I am hoping it will work. It was the closest to Radical currently.

#37 9 years ago

What a flow. Dayum.

2 months later
#38 9 years ago

Hi there!
I need to replace the red wires of the engine. Do you know where I can find them?
Thanks!

81111[1].jpg81111[1].jpg

#40 9 years ago

Here is mine. Currently for sale.

Machine.JPGMachine.JPG Playfield.JPGPlayfield.JPG
#41 9 years ago

Very cool to see the engine wires being remade!!

1 month later
#43 9 years ago

Need a little help. I am resurrecting this Corvette back to life. Can someone give me a picture of this area? The wire ramp I would gather attaches here. Is there a different post or does this attach under the plastic?

CORVETTE.jpgCORVETTE.jpg
#44 9 years ago

That red plastic is a huge PITA. Based on what I could see from mine, it looks like the hook of that habit trail is held by the locking nylon hexnut in this photograph.

20150329_155758.jpg20150329_155758.jpg

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Need a little help. I am resurrecting this Corvette back to life. Can someone give me a picture of this area? The wire ramp I would gather attaches here. Is there a different post or does this attach under the plastic?

Mine sits below the plastic, but I don't think it is attached to anything, Very hard to see there, but it seems to move freely.

#46 9 years ago

I attached it as you have directed. looks and works great. thank you!

#47 9 years ago

No problem! Glad it turned out to be the setup! Fully assembled, getting to that point in the machine is just about impossible. It was just a WAG (wild ass guess) based on how it looked .

#48 9 years ago

OK I have a new issue. This pin was given to me to get up and running. Ive gone through it and holy S%^t I'm tired. It was a re-import with multiple issues mostly mechanical. I have fixed all of them. I'm playing a game and when I get to route 66 it starts talking in German. after the mode back to English. I have checked the dip switches and restored factory defaults to no avail. Suggestions?

#49 9 years ago

The women in the game are known for speaking European languages. Seriously, your pin is fine. Very few of the Route 66 girls take in English.

Watch Bowen's Corvette tutorial for proof:

#50 9 years ago

I thought it needed different sound ROMS. I owned a Corvette in the past and it never did this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 603 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-club-members-only-but-pledges-allowed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.