Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sammy31
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

On my machine the ball feed into the left orbit from the little engine outhole/popper bounces off the lane guide, across to the one way gate, bounces around there a bit then back to the guide etc. In other words its horrible, doesn't feed the upper flipper consistantly at all. A friend who has a corvette said his doesn't do that, his popper is weaker and just about kicks the ball out so more consistant in front of upper flipper. My machine is level before anyone says that

Anyone struggled or played around with theirs to get a better ball feed?

Thanks

Kev

#2 8 years ago

Hi, while rebuilding my vette, I found the following issue, the ball launched hard into the lane, sometimes hitting the side of the cabinet, prior service tech replaced coil with a 23-800, should be 20-3000 I believe a far weaker coil. Also the plunger assembly was incorrect as well it was the right length but pencil thin not the solid round style. Hope this helps.

#3 8 years ago

Mine would hit the bottom of the exhaust pipe and bounce back into the saucer. I had to add a washer under the pipe to give it some more clearance, and adjust the kickout so it would feed better.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply, I'll check what coil is fitted. It isn't overly powerful, it barely bounces off the orbit guide but its enough to screw things up. I just spent 1/2 hour playing with the position of the coil bracket, twisting it slightly on the mounting screws, also played around with washers under the bracket. The problem seems to be one of design, I can get it to kick one ball out nicely but the minute there are 2 or 3 balls in there the kickout is completely different as the balls rest against each other like in a ball trough.

Can anyone tell me they have a consistant kickout/ball feed to the upper flipper if there is 1, 2 or 3 balls in there?

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Mine would hit the bottom of the exhaust pipe and bounce back into the saucer. I had to add a washer under the pipe to give it some more clearance, and adjust the kickout so it would feed better.

I had this exact same problem. When just one ball was in the lock it would hit the exhaust and bounce back in over and over. When there was 2 balls it worked fine. I raised the exhaust with washers and it works every time now. This only started happening after I changed the coil sleeve for the kickout.

#6 8 years ago

Can anyone please comment whether they have a consistent feed to the upper flipper with 1 or more balls in the popper? or is it always going to be a lottery with this machine?

#7 8 years ago

Mine were pretty consistent.
Jathomp. Yeah, mine was the exactly the same. So lesson learned, don't shop out the saucer eject mechanism.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Mine were pretty consistent.
Jathomp. Yeah, mine was the exactly the same. So lesson learned, don't shop out the saucer eject mechanism.

Mine too!

#9 8 years ago

Thanks guys

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Can anyone please comment whether they have a consistent feed to the upper flipper with 1 or more balls in the popper? or is it always going to be a lottery with this machine?

Mine works great. No issues....

#11 8 years ago

Once I replaced the coil and proper plunger assembly for the unit it works everytime whether one ball or more. Check the plunger assembly it is supposed to be the solid steel and plastic of the same size, the one I found in my game was steel with the thinner diameter plastic attached so it wasn't hitting the ball squarely when launching.

2 years later
#12 6 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I did the exact same thing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette-ball-feed-from-engine-popper-into-left-orbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.