(Topic ID: 274779)

Correct Wiring for Memory Protect Switch?

By DakotaMike

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Data_East_Mem_protect (resized).jpg
IMG_20200807_220105 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

My Phantom won't save settings. I think there may be a problem with the battery holder, but I'm not sure. So I wanted to make sure that the white memory-protect switch is wired correctly. As when I got the pin home, all the memory protect wires were loose in the cab. Can anyone point me to the correct wiring for a DE game? Right now the black and red wire to going to NO, and the white wires are connected to Common. I believe that this is the correct wiring for a Williams game, but I'm not sure if it's different for a DE game.

I can't find an example of the correct wiring anywhere in the schematics. Thanks in advance!

IMG_20200807_220105 (resized).jpgIMG_20200807_220105 (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is right. For Williams and for your DE game.
LTG : )

Thanks for the confirmation Lloyd. I'm waiting on some NVRAM to come in the mail. Now that I've got the wiring for the switch correct, I'm hoping that NVRAM will solve the issue. It will eliminate any problems with the battery holder or the D25 diode, and hopefully solve my issue.

Now I've just got to be patient. I have trouble with that; once a pin is down, and I think I know what the issue is, I just want it fixed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/correct-wiring-for-memory-protect-switch?tu=DakotaMike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.