Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Terry1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bingo_legs (resized).png
    LEG stats (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    Gaytime9-23-07 054 (resized).jpg
    GayetyOct12th06 007 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I recently acquired a Bally Cypress Gardens machine and it came with metal legs. From everything I can pull up online, it shows that this machine should have wooden legs, which started my search to find wooden legs. Not shortly thereafter, I have been informed that apparently there isn't s a standard size for the legs. I know from the manual the leg part number is CA-350-1, but that doesn't tell me much. From searching online, it seems likely that these were between 30 and 30.5 inches tall, but I can't find any solid information on that. To make matters worse, I know the bingos used a thicker/wider leg than the regular pinballs of the day, and I've found nothing on the width. I do have other wooden leg machines, but this little excursion has caused me to question their legs as well. Does anyone know what the correct dimensions are for these legs or Bally Wooden Bingo Wooden legs in general? Specifically on the Cypress Gardens, but any Bally Wood rail with wooden legs of the day would help me. Thanks

#2 4 years ago

I have 30 1/2 " wooden legs on my 1955 Gay Time and think 1958 could be the last year for wooden legs from the factory .
    I think by 1959 Bally was manufacturing their bingos with metal legs. Below is a picture of a Gayety bingo I use to own and my Gay Time bingo in my present collection. These are original wooden legs from the factory on both games. Notice the extra bolts in each leg.
    GayetyOct12th06 007 (resized).jpgGayetyOct12th06 007 (resized).jpg

Gaytime9-23-07 054 (resized).jpgGaytime9-23-07 054 (resized).jpg
    #3 4 years ago

I think Gay Time would be a good reference, the pictures I pull up online look to be very similar on the legs between the two. The Cypress Gardens was a 1958 machine, would you happen to know the width of the legs on your Gay Time legs and where the holes are located?

#4 4 years ago

You can see in the second picture on my Gay Time where the holes would be located, if you took the 4 bolts off. I am at work and can not measure the with of the legs. Looks like each leg has 6 bolts in them.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

You can see in the second picture on my Gay Time where the holes would be located, if you took the 4 bolts off. I am at work and can not measure the with of the legs. Looks like each leg has 6 bolts in them.

I’ll be curious too about the measurements as I have a set on a 1954 Gottlieb woodrail that look just like the ones on your Gayety and Gay Time. I knew they were not Gottlieb legs, but didn’t know what manufacturer’s machines they came from.

#6 4 years ago

Again, I don’t know if these are from a Bally bingo, but the measurements of my legs are:

Length: 30-1/4”
    Dimensions: 2-5/8” x 1-3/4”
    Side bolt holes (from center) are 4-1/2” apart and top bolt hole is 1-1/2” from top of leg
    Main bolt holes are 2-1/4” apart and top bolt hole is 2-3/4” from top.

Picture below (leg on left is the suspected Bally one; one on right is a 31” Gottlieb leg).

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #7 4 years ago

Judging from the pics, I think you might be right. Its been my experience that the one with the two larger anti-split (side bolts) are more common to Bally bingo machines.

#8 4 years ago

"bwave_dave", check this out

LEG stats (resized).jpgLEG stats (resized).jpg
    #9 4 years ago

Thanks Terry. I took some measurements of some of my other Bally machines last night and came up with those same dimensions. Those seem to be the most consistent measurements. There are some other random legs I have with similar dimensions, but without the anti-split bolts, or with just one panhead style antisplit screw. I guess those are the one-offs or non-Ballys.

#10 4 years ago

nice diagram. Added is the rest of the stuff you need to know ... except leg leveler info which is dependent on the shape of the plate the leveler screws into. Usually the plate was round and recessed flush into the leg bottom

bingo_legs (resized).pngbingo_legs (resized).png
    #11 4 years ago

Nice addition "twit"
    Terry K

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/correct-size-wooden-legs-for-bingos?hl=terry1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.