Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bob_e
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I need a lock down bar for my SO76 pin. Here's what the seller says...
"I've got two identical bars - I know mine came from system 3 games, but pb resource notes that they were used from Target Alpha (1976) up. (http://pbresource.com/lockdb.html)."

The SO76 is from 1975. Any clarification? Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

My 2 player version Pioneer has the button lockdown bar - GTB-D14008A on PBR's page.

#3 7 years ago

I have an extra bar, button style... PM if you are interested

1 year later
#4 6 years ago

Looking for one of these lockdown bars for a SO76 if anyone still has one.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from pyro4god54:

Looking for one of these lockdown bars for a SO76 if anyone still has one.

button or fin style?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

button or fin style?

Button style

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

button or fin style?

I may convert to fin style if I can't find the button style.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from pyro4god54:

ebay.com link: Stainless 22 1 4 OR 22 3 8 Lockdown Bar Pinball Machine Gottlieb

only one i have is early 70's welded encap

2 years later
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from pyro4god54:

Are you able to provide info on converting to a fin style lock bar?

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Frantickoala:

Are you able to provide info on converting to a fin style lock bar?

It has its compromises.
1. You need a shark fin receiver to mate up to it. You can’t use the original button style receiver.
2. You need to remove the 1/4” spacer that is stapled on the inside of the cabinet behind the coin entries. It is in the way and isn’t needed because the shark fin receiver has metal spacers on it.
3. You will not be able to reinstall or have active coin chutes because the coin chutes are in the coin door for the deeper body cabinets that the shark fin style lock bars were used with. The shark fin receiver has no slotted openings or screw holes for the coin slides.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

It has its compromises.
1. You need a shark fin receiver to mate up to it. You can’t use the original button style receiver.
2. You need to remove the 1/4” spacer that is stapled on the inside of the cabinet behind the coin entries. It is in the way and isn’t needed because the shark fin receiver has metal spacers on it.
3. You will not be able to reinstall or have active coin chutes because the coin chutes are in the coin door for the deeper body cabinets that the shark fin style lock bars were used with. The shark fin receiver has no slotted openings or screw holes for the coin slides.

Well thats a total downer... I guess we can still have the raised plate/lights but with no chutes behind (who uses the coil slots anyway)

Ive got a receiver and shark fin bar available.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Well thats a total downer... I guess we can still have the raised plate/lights but with no chutes behind (who uses the coil slots anyway)

Damn! No wonder I couldn't get that game to take my quarter!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

If the plan is to put a sharkfin bar and receiver in a shallow cabinet it would be possible to modify the sharkfin receiver to accept the coin guides.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

If the plan is to put a sharkfin bar and receiver in a shallow cabinet it would be possible to modify the sharkfin receiver to accept the coin guides.

Cutting torch?

#15 4 years ago

I believe I have one of these that did not sell at the last show I did... If anyone needs one, PM me. I believe I do have one in good shape I would sell for $70 plus shipping.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Cutting torch?

I envisioned first drilling two holes that would define the slot space needed for each chute. Then grind the edges between the two holes to create the slot. So now the opening existed. Next would be to align the slide chute and mark holes for the mounting screws. Then drill and tap the two holes.

This is all doable for even a hobbiest. At the same time, why would we go to this effort if we aren’t planning to run coins through it?

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I believe I have one of these that did not sell at the last show I did... If anyone needs one, PM me. I believe I do have one in good shape I would sell for $70 plus shipping.

sent PM bob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/correct-lock-down-bar-for-spirit-of-76?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.