• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ramloc_whitestar (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2018-07-13-14-32-48-1 (resized).png

#1 5 years ago

Just want to make sure I do this right.first Uninstall batteries then replace this with circled #1?

Screenshot_2018-07-13-14-32-48-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-07-13-14-32-48-1 (resized).png

#2 5 years ago
#3 5 years ago

I read that in my search but I can't find anything saying the location on the board of the ram to replace

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I read that in my search but I can't find anything saying the location on the board of the ram to replace

Which board/game are you working on?

#5 5 years ago

Yep

ramloc_whitestar (resized).jpgramloc_whitestar (resized).jpg
#6 5 years ago

It's Sharkey's Shootout and I just found a doc showing the RAM.thanks for the help I can now proceed without fear,last time I just went for something I blew a display lol.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

It's Sharkey's Shootout and I just found a doc showing the RAM.thanks for the help I can now proceed without fear,last time I just went for something I blew a display lol.

I don't think AnyPin will work there. Sharkey's Shootout requires a 62256 RAM (or if using NVRAM, you'd need a 62256 NVRAM).

You could try it, but pretty sure what other people have had happen is the game will not boot when using a 6264 NVRAM.

Just wanted to mention before you thought you blew anything up

If you need a 62256 NVRAM I have those here:
https://www.pinitech.com/products/62256_nvram.php

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

I don't think AnyPin will work there. Sharkey's Shootout requires a 62256 RAM (or if using NVRAM, you'd need a 62256 NVRAM).
You could try it, but pretty sure what other people have had happen is the game will not boot when using a 6264 NVRAM.
Just wanted to mention before you thought you blew anything up
If you need a 62256 NVRAM I have those here:
https://www.pinitech.com/products/62256_nvram.php

And I think you are correct it's the 1 game it won't so I'll be contacting you later tonight or tomorrow.

#9 5 years ago

Now I see the little notes image to click

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/correct-installation-anypin-nvram?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.