• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Gottlieb fuses (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

Newbie needs help choosing correct ampere for three fuse holders on Gottlieb Sing Along. Stickers are gone. Left to right-15 amp, middle 10amp, right 10amp?
Thanks for helping.

Gottlieb fuses (resized).JPGGottlieb fuses (resized).JPG
#2 2 years ago

Hi Sewellmatts , Welcome to pinside!!

The fuse with the Red and Red-White wires is the 15 amp fuse for your 25 volt circuits
The fuse that enables the Score Illumination lights is a 10 amp fuse
The fuse that enables the Playfield lights is a 15 amp fuse

#3 2 years ago

The left one is for coils, usually 15 amp. Next two are for playfield and backbox lamps, usually 10 amp.

The middle lamp fuse looks to be shorted, you should move the white wire back to the lower terminal.

Edit: Yes as HowardR said, the other lamp fuse might be a 15 amp, but first try if 10 A fuse will do.

#4 2 years ago

Howard R and Tuukka-thank you for you prompt replies.
Regarding the middle fuse holder I thought it odd that both wires were soddered to the top terminal. Would there ever be a reason to do that? What might the consequences be of putting both wires on the same terminal? Thanks.

#5 2 years ago

It is bypassing the fuse protection. By doing so, any short would result in an overheat condition that could lead to a bad situation!

I wouldn't be surprised if you have a short somewhere in the circuit that was causing the fuses to blow.

Connect the white wire to the other side of the fuse lug and install a 10amp fuse.

Good luck!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Sewellmatts:

What might the consequences be of putting both wires on the same terminal?

The consequences are the wires get hot if there is a short. Hot enough to melt insulation off the wire and possibly start a fire.

#7 2 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I have a ground question. should I start at separate post?

#8 2 years ago

Please start a new post, and mark this one resolved.

#9 2 years ago

Pretty sure there is another fuse under the playfield. Drove me nuts not knowing it was there.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Pretty sure there is another fuse under the playfield. Drove me nuts not knowing it was there.

Sing Along has 3 other fuses for a total of 6

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11 2 years ago

I have been thinking about the comments and consequences. Thank you. I think it is possible that who ever bypassed the fuse on the second holder (by connecting both leads to upper terminal) could not find what was blowing that fuse. How would one find the problem on the playboard circuit that was blowing that fuse?

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The fuse with the Red and Red-White wires is the 15 amp fuse for your 25 volt circuits
The fuse that enables the Score Illumination lights is a 10 amp fuse
The fuse that enables the Playfield lights is a 15 amp fuse

Quoted from Sewellmatts:

How would one find the problem on the playboard circuit that was blowing that fuse?

Using your schematic, you’ll figure out what that circuit does. Howard mentions score illumination lights so find out exactly which lights those are and check for shorts. Could be a socket touching something or insulation melted exposing bare wire. A meter might be helpful.

#13 2 years ago

This Fuse circuit breaker can reduce the frustration of burning out a fuse every time you want to test if you've fixed it.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Electrical_short_troubleshooting_Fuse_helper

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Birmingham, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/correct-fuses-for-gottlieb-sing-along and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.