(Topic ID: 258767)

Correct flipper coil stop for early Bally?

By drsfmd

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

80EF1873-B0A6-46C1-969B-F7B95D824DCB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I’m putting the finishing touches on my Bally Cue Tease. It’s playing great now, but one flipper is really noisy, and the coil stop is really beat up. I have the 1968 parts catalog, and the coil stop is only shown as part of the flipper assembly, not as a separate part. A modern coil stop does not fit, and there are no numbers stamped on the original. Anybody know what coil stop will fit?

80EF1873-B0A6-46C1-969B-F7B95D824DCB (resized).jpeg80EF1873-B0A6-46C1-969B-F7B95D824DCB (resized).jpeg
#4 4 years ago

Thank you! The coil sleeve is worn through. Sadly, it’s not the replaceable type. I had already figured out the coil interchange (the correct coil is already noted as obsolete in the 1968 catalog).

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Vintage-Pinball:

A recent overhaul to a Bally Wiggler make it necessary to replace both flipper coils with conventional looking ones, and these all came, along with stops, from PBR.

Thanks. Placed an order with them this morning. Can you advise me how you wired it? I'm unclear on which tab would receive each of the new wires, since the coil lug layout is so different.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/correct-flipper-coil-stop-for-early-bally?tu=drsfmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.