• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130825_135021_(1).jpg
20130825_134946.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hi. Just got a GL with non-functional flippers. The guy who sold it said that they worked originally but he rebuilt one of the upper flippers. When he tried to reattach the wires, it started blowing the flipper power fuse. He thinks he lost track of the correct wiring configuration and just couldn't fiture it out. The wires have been pigtailed in prior repairs and so I want to take some time to trace back and figure the correct colors to make sure it's wired correctly.

That said, I'm still learning and so I'm trying to start with the simple things first. Right now, all the coils seem to be FL11630's. However, the manual says FL 23/600-30/2600. Would this cause a problem? Should I replace them with the correct coils or is it ok?

Also, though I can't find a reference in the manual, the Wiki System 11 Repair Manual says FL24/600-30/2600 "are used on Grand Lizard's upper flippers". Is that correct? Would using 11630's cause a fuse to blow?

Thanks.

Jeff

20130825_134946.jpg20130825_134946.jpg 20130825_135021_(1).jpg20130825_135021_(1).jpg

#2 10 years ago

Update: Read the Sys 11 Repair Wiki a couple of more times and things are starting to make sense. Looks like switching to FL11630 for the LOWER flippers is recommended. However, I'm not sure if using these for the upper is problematic??

From the Repair Wiki: "Convert to the Newer "Parallel Wound" Flipper coils? Really this is a good idea. If you need to replace a flipper coil on your older system 11 game (High Speed to Millionaire), I would recommend converting to the newer parallel wound flipper coil (FL11630 or FL11722 for weaker upper flippers). This way you can add the 2.2 mfd EOS switch capacitor, and you'll get much longer life from your EOS switch."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/correct-coils-upper-and-lower-for-grand-lizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.