Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ralphs007
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How do you like the cornhole game?”

• I have one and never play it anymore 11 votes
      16%
    • I have one and I play a lot 22 votes
      33%
    • I want one 8 votes
      12%
    • I have played and it did not interest me 17 votes
      25%
    • other, please comment 9 votes
      13%

(67 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9A516C6A-0230-4117-A7D8-9B04803E6770 (resized).jpeg
    8181E579-122B-4B08-806F-9A7C5A9DC678 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6768 (resized).JPG
    19EAB455-F21D-48C7-8322-786CE690FB38.jpeg
    DAA05D84-B103-4DE8-B96A-0EEACDBDBC6B.jpeg
    SPE_006_the_great_cornholio_cornhole_boards_540x (resized).jpg
    Sexy-Girl-Custom-Cornhole-Boards-0 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    91hMu4S4EUL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    Bags 012 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20200622_111136464 (resized).jpg
    FBB81FFC-8D08-41A5-8D82-C369264CF729 (resized).jpeg
    boh (resized).jpg
    IMG_7635 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

A few years ago I played this game with my uncle in one of his friends back yard, and I liked it ok. It was kind of like horseshoes in a way.

I have been thinking about it, and damn, the heat, humidity, and mosquitos around here, hell no!

BUT, I got to looking around, and doing some measuring, and I can fit one in the game room indoors.

(and the boards are a lot easier to move than a pin, so in the fall and winter it could go outside).

The name does sound very stupid, but the game is kind of fun.

I have been looking online for a local deal. One company may or may not have any, while another company has them, but only 2x3 boards, while the real one is 2x4. I prefer the 2x4, and would already have one if they were not selling smaller versions.

Shopping for these in my area is crazy. One example of that is a search shows Home Depot sells them. I have never seen one in their store.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has already done one of these indoors. And the best place to get a full 2x4 set from.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

But how does this cornhole thingy work after 20 Nattys, JohnnyPinball007? Dont want you breaking an arm or window now

Not sure, the time I played I was not drinking yet.

I do fine with ping pong, Golden Tee and pins though, so I should be fine.

#42 3 years ago

I have not called yet, but I just found someone local making them, and they look really good. All hand painted and claims of multiple layers of polycrylic. (and spell check does not like that last p word, so may be a scam).

I actually have the tools to do this, but I hate working with lumber, and I have no clue about coatings and paint, so I am looking to buy.

The ad I was looking at looked really good for 160.00. It is on my local craigslist. (Cornhole Boards made you Order - $160 Dallas/Acworth).

I know I could save money making it myself as far as woodwork, but the paint...hell no. I want something that looks decent, and I could not paint it worth a crap or know how to properly coat it for slickness.

If not a scam, this 160 deal looks good.

And I do like horseshoes also, and may also do that down the road.

I am just hung up on the cornhole at the moment, because I recently measured and seen I could have it in the man cave, and not be outside in all the heat and humidity like a horseshoe set has to be.

On another note while it does take up a lot of space, the ping pong table has been a hit.

I love Pinside, everyone I have met in person that is a member here is around the same age as I am. 40's to 60's.

And just so much fun that we all love all these different games and can afford them now.

Pinball is the best, but variety with other stuff is awesome also.

We are all just kids, but now we have much better toys than we did way back when!

(yeah, I had a few Natties and ranted a tad, sorry).

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from rogerroger:

How high is your ceiling? We tried playing on my in-laws' back porch, but the ceiling wasn't high enough for those that liked to throw the bags higher.

That could be a problem.

But when indoors it would mainly be for older family while visiting. In their late 70's, pins hurt some of their eyes, others, pins hurt their shoulder.

(and for me after 20 Nattys and having to crawl back and forth to throw again).

I did place the order while ago, and I added the cupholders for 30.00. Everything is full regulation size.

Like some have said on here I do not plan to play this a whole lot, but fun enough, and simple enough for when I have company over.

Well worth it I think for the cost.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Super Chexx Pro

I never cared much for foosball, and I thought this was about the same. I have never seen one or played one. I am open, is their a club or something here where I can find out more?

Maybe even someone local to me has one so I can check it out?

Thanks!

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

every gameroom needs one.

Thanks for the info. I did a fav on the thread to keep checking in on it. (I did read about 50 posts).

Before I picked up the ping pong table I kind of wanted a air hockey table, but my girlfriend hates those for whatever reason.

So far the ping pong table has been a hit even with older family. Great exercise...picking the ball up off the floor every 5 seconds. (but very fun other than that).

One more question, how does Super Chexx compare to a air hockey table? I know the 2 are totally different, I am talking fun-wise.

I love Pinside, it is mostly grownups talking about fun toys. (and toys in reach money wise, not 500k cars or boats).

1 week later
    #65 3 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Guess no one caught the Cornhole championship on ESPN this weekend?
    We could only take about 10 minutes of it, but there are clearly skills involved with those guys.

I just noticed it was on ESPN last weekend.

I could only take 5 minutes watching it, and I had to run do something anyway, and 30 minutes later my girlfriend was still watching it.

My boards are supposed to be ready this week.

In the meantime I picked up some outdoor carpet for when we play outside, to keep the boards and bags cleaner.

#67 3 years ago

We suck.

At 27' apart if we even hit the board the bags went flying off the other end.

And it was so humid I was sweating bricks.

BUT, we tried again indoors, and because of ceiling height a little closer, like only 14 feet closer, and it was fun.

And when I picked up the boards, I did notice some very bad dimpling, on a brand new game, but the dude was a hell of a lot bigger than me, and I was on his property, so I did not say a word.

I think maybe after the bags hit the boards maybe 2000 times(if that ever happens in my lifetime), that the dimpling will work itself out and the boards will be smooth.

No complaints at all. My girlfriend had a great time.

(right now my favorite game is ping pong, and while I suck at it I just like it).

Soon enough we will be back to playing the pins, we had just done that so much the last few years we needed some variety.

For the price, and space it takes up, cornhole is pretty decent.

2 months later
    #70 3 years ago

Since my last post this cornhole game has never been attempted again.

Now (thankfully) the heat and humidity are gone and it is nice outside.

While ago I went all over the yard looking for a good place to place the boards.

My yard sucks, not a real level spot anywhere.

Then it hit me...BOOM!

My storage building out back is big enough, on concrete and level, and 12 foot ceiling in that area, so I just need to clean some junk out to have a awesome place to play indoors year round.

And the junk is just some aluminum cans that need to go to the scrap yard anyway to get a few bucks for.

Win-Win!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cornhole?tu=johnnypinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.