View topic image gallery

youll-never-take-me-alive-copper-myeah-29-63-546-2563-24558545 (resized).png
313770--blue-man-paul-karason (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
ih-reverse1 (resized).jpg
copper-fit-socks_500 (resized).jpg
CopperGreen (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Copper pans, copper gloves, copper socks. Every day I see more ads promoting the benefits of copper for health and well being.

Perhaps nobody told them them but next to mercury, copper is one of the most toxic metals the human body can absorb.

CopperGreen (resized).JPGCopperGreen (resized).JPG
copper-fit-socks_500 (resized).jpgcopper-fit-socks_500 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

I believe the difference is that mercury can be absorbed by the skin, copper does not, or at least not by a measurable amount.

I also hate those adds.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

I believe the difference is that mercury can be absorbed by the skin, copper does not,

Perhaps.

ih-reverse1 (resized).jpgih-reverse1 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Every day I see more ads promoting the benefits of copper for health and well being.

Funny how that happened right when metal prices went throw the roof eh?

#5 6 years ago

'into the blood stream' I've certainly had oxidation tint my skin, but would think if it were a potential threat, like lead for example, electricians and electronics guys would be dead from wiring. Plus 7 years of bathing in pennies hasn't taken any toll on me what so ever. I drop in one of those cement aerators and use it like a parts tumbler. I'm shiny from head to toe.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

but would think if it were a potential threat, like lead for example, electricians and electronics guys would be dead from wiring.

To be fair, they handle copper, but probably don't pack it into their sweaty socks.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Copper is a great germ fighter

Just think how good a German fighter it would have been if we had used it on them in WWII.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

To be fair, they handle copper, but probably don't pack it into their sweaty socks.

I hope your not saying what I think your saying, because I think it goes without saying that Pinside is not the place to dispute the chemical absorbency of tissues of dissimilar appendages, because them's fighting words and best left to the cesspools of reddit and lobbies of natural sciences buildings of college campus

#10 6 years ago

I mainly started this thread so people could make an educated decision when it come time to buy that new cookware.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Copper pans, copper gloves, copper socks. Every day I see more ads promoting the benefits of copper for health and well being.
Perhaps nobody told them them but next to mercury, copper is one of the most toxic metals the human body can absorb.

I guess I don't know by what measure you call "one of the most toxic" but it is essential for human health as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_in_health

Next post could be about the dangers of the lethal chemical H20?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from misterschu:

I guess I don't know by what measure you call "one of the most toxic" but it is essential for human health as well.

Sure it is, just like the mercury in your teeth fillings. But I doubt we really need to over supplement ourselves with it do you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_toxicity

#13 6 years ago

It would still seem that toxicity is through ingestion. However its always best to be careful. There's a long history of late discovery of negative effects or means, so if your at risk, its best to take additional measures.

I think the risk from cookware comes largely though imprudent or careless manufacturing. I don't expect anything advertised late night on TV as healthy or in my best interest overall, and both the copperfit and copper pans are marketed to the weary and ill informed.

Now back to my vibratory penny bath, its date night.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

I think the risk from cookware comes largely though imprudent or careless manufacturing.

That would never happen now that it's all made in China would it?

I mean how long would it take to burn through the copper to get to the lead underneath?

#15 6 years ago

You mean you don't trust Brett Favre's scientific and medical knowledge?

#16 6 years ago

call me old fashion but I'll just stick to drinking silver like this guy

313770--blue-man-paul-karason (resized).jpg313770--blue-man-paul-karason (resized).jpg

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

You mean you don't trust Brett Favre's scientific and medical knowledge?

I'll say this for him, not one unsolicited dick pic sent since he started wearing those copper socks ...

#18 6 years ago

youll-never-take-me-alive-copper-myeah-29-63-546-2563-24558545 (resized).pngyoull-never-take-me-alive-copper-myeah-29-63-546-2563-24558545 (resized).png

#19 6 years ago

My Chemistry professor, at the end of class, would say things like “Copper later!” And “bismuth!” (“Cu” later, and “Bi”)

What a woman she was

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/copper?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.