5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KIMG4214 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 5 years ago

Lost my mother to colon cancer when I was 23 and she was 48.

We knew ahead of time of course, but nothing could prepare me for when it happened, and before it did, I tried to ignore it and just be positive.

After she passed, I was dead to the world for awhile, sleeping 20 hours a day, and like you, not knowing how to possibly cope with it.

As another poster mentioned, I too often wish I could tell her of my various life achievements. I did lose her at a very pivotal time in my life (she held out until just after she learned I graduated college), and she was the only family member I was close to (leading to a worsened relationship with my father).

I find many reasons to enjoy pinball (repairs, mods, social, etc.), but in these times, being able to disappear into the "world under glass" for those minutes can be priceless.

Time does help eventually, even if that seems impossible now. Been 10 years for me, and my mother did the amazing act of preparing birthday cards for my sister and I for ten years. Got my last one this year. Always a bit difficult, but she lived beyond the grave and continues to do so through my sister and I.

- Greg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coping-with-loss-of-mom?tu=medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.