5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KIMG4214 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LesManley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Thank you. She was only 67
Enjoy time with friends and family everyone....everybody says it, but few feel it until it is too late I feel :/

Interesting timing of your post. I lost my mom to lung cancer 12 years ago now and she never smoked a day in her life. She was only 58 and today is her birthday. I think about her all the time, especially during this time of year because she LOVED Christmas time. We had so many good times as a family, but she has missed out on so much. I have so many good memories of her, but so much of it seems so far away since she died before digital cameras and cell phone videos were super common. We never got to capture many of our family moments like people are able to today so easily. I only have my memories and lots of out of focus, yellowed pictures, but I wouldn't trade them for the world. She only lived to 58, but I like to tell myself that I think we did more together in that time that a lot of people do that live to be in their 80's. We were a very close family and I lived at home for years after high school when I was going to college, so we got to spend a lot of time together and I am very thankful for that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LesManley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coping-with-loss-of-mom?tu=LesManley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.