5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KIMG4214 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chicoman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 5 years ago

Hey to the original poster here.....sorry for your loss. It's a part of life that we all will face at some point in our lives and it flat out sucks. It's the worst two days of your life and you will never forget it. I lost my Dad Dec 6th, 1995 to a massive heart attack watched him leave for work.....got a phone call hours later he had a massive heart attack and I lost my Mom June 24th, 2010 to Lung Cancer. I often think back fondly on both my parents they loved each other for 40 years and they loved me unconditionally. I hope I've made them proud....I think about them every day as they are never far from my heart.....especially the holidays. God I miss them every day and words can't ever describe how much I miss my parents.....but I know they are fine....in heaven, happy together and someday we will all be together again....until then.....I just live my life to the fullest because I know that's what my parents would want....so I live my life to honor them....and do things I know they would want me to do. Somehow you will find comfort.....it could be different but you will find comfort......just give yourself time to heal.

My dad introduced me to pinball in the early 70's and that began my pinball addiction....Dad loved pinball too.....we use to goto our local arcade on Friday nights and play pinball together....perhaps that's one reason why I collect pinball to this day.

One of my fondest memories was of my Father shopping with him at X-mas time....he loved Bing Crosby's White Christmas....when the song came on in the store we were shopping in (Woolworth's comes to mind) he'd begin to sing it.....loud enough that I was often embarrassed a kid....trying to scurry away like I didn't know who that crazy man was.......Now looking back I wish I could have just one moment in time with him arm in arm as I loved the guy I'd be singing the song with him smiling and laughing.

To those who still have a parent or both parents....cherish them every day, call them just to say hi, hug them, tell them you love them, because the day they are no longer there and you can't is life changing....it really is the worst day of your life.

To the original poster, you are not along my friend....it's something we all deal with...hopefully this and everyone else posting here can help you cope with your loss.

Cheers!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chicoman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coping-with-loss-of-mom?tu=Chicoman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.