(Topic ID: 325818)

Cooperative Pinball Machines, your recommandations

By PhilouFelin

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nogoodnames222.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 1 year ago

There was a recent thread asking the same/similar:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coop-mode

I've not tried coop on the American pins, but both TNA + Mandalorian have it very well integrated.

Mando allows progress to be made on mode progression across players but I believe all players get to play the mini-wizard modes individually. You also share beskar (currency used in the in-game shop/mystery award replacement). It's cool, and my wife and I play coop every time we see a Mando on location.

TNA combines scoring and progress on destroying reactors, but keeps track of how many final-shots each player makes (IE how many reactors you destroy). Works very well and it's fun when you get to steal that last shot, get an easy 'point' and piss off your teammate

I'm a huge fan of co-op in games and really hope to see more of it in the future.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

We need a co-op handicap, where each player can adjust game settings ike no flipper holding, flipper strength, length of ball save etc.

I'm guessing you're aware, but "Monster Mode" on Mando is almost exactly this but not co-op, Player 1 is on the "Impossible Mode" rules and Players 2-4 are on standard rules. I agree combining this with co-op would be sweet, but it's very fun and I love both the options on Mando as they are.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Quoted from stubborngamer:

Just increase the amount of balls on any machine(that you can do that with), and you got co-op mode, no? Or is there something more going on with these co-op modes that I am missing.
    I mean sure, I get the appeal of not having to go into the settings all the time and having separate high scores and all that. But if you find the mode that much fun, why limit it to the games that have it inherently designed for.

The games that do it well (TNA specifically) there's still some competition, but it's much friendlier for the less skilled players than standard score competition. And on Mando, standard modes can't be played more than once per co-op game, but each player gets to play the mini-wizard mode if the team makes it there. All depends on implementation.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nogoodnames222.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cooperative-pinball-machines-your-recommandations?tu=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.