Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Sjsilver
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

Why is it that each game has different modes? I have been having a blast playing coop mode with my son on Mandalorian. It has started to pull him into the hobby as he hates playing against me but loves playing with me. Curious as to why not all games have it. Shouldn’t this be something easy they should be able to add to all of their games and have a standard set of modes for each game.

Not all games have a scoring format or a gameplay format that can support it I don't think. I liked the Coop mode in my Turtles I had.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This right here.
I managed to get two of my friends into the hobby because of co-op mode on TNA. They absolutely HATED playing otherwise, but now that we're a team and there's a goal that everyone can try to accomplish, they asked to play rather than the other way around.
If these companies really wanted interest in pinball to grow they would cater to the inexperienced by making co-op standard on all games. I'm completely baffled as to why hardly anyone does it.

I'd assume a lot more programming. Do the companies have the time/resources to do that while there's always a next pin on the way in....

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

I have tmnt and mando and both are played a lot. I don’t agree with the argument on some games not supporting it from a rule set. You are more or less just setting the game to 6 balls instead of 3 and continuing the scoring across both players. Should be something for every game. I would love to see this on Deadpool or avengers. I suck as a player and I will never see the wizard modes on these games but playing on coop mode I have a chance of seeing the end game.

It would be much more than continuing scoring/making it 6 balls. It would be much more time spent on programming. Figuring out rules where one can steal others ball locks, competitions, etc. i'm sure they wont put that time into coding on every game to keep the BOM down.

It would be neat to see who beat a character better in a battle in DP and so on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coop-mode?tu=northerndude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.