Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Sjsilver
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Why is it that each game has different modes? I have been having a blast playing coop mode with my son on Mandalorian. It has started to pull him into the hobby as he hates playing against me but loves playing with me. Curious as to why not all games have it. Shouldn’t this be something easy they should be able to add to all of their games and have a standard set of modes for each game.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

Why is it that each game has different modes? I have been having a blast playing coop mode with my son on Mandalorian. It has started to pull him into the hobby as he hates playing against me but loves playing with me. Curious as to why not all games have it. Shouldn’t this be something easy they should be able to add to all of their games and have a standard set of modes for each game.

Not all games have a scoring format or a gameplay format that can support it I don't think. I liked the Coop mode in my Turtles I had.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

Why is it that each game has different modes?

That is what makes every game unique and different from others.

#4 1 year ago

I love co-op too and wish more games had it. I believe it's just Mando + TMNT that have it from Stern, but I think Houdini/Oktoberfest/HotWheels should have it by now (can't confirm this, hardly any of them on location near me) along with TNA + Alice Cooper, maybe some P3 games as well.

Can anyone add to that list? Hopefully I'm missing some games.

#5 1 year ago

I really wish they would do a code update to include co-op in BKSOR. My daughter would love that!

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

I have been having a blast playing coop mode with my son on Mandalorian. It has started to pull him into the hobby as he hates playing against me but loves playing with me.

This right here.

I managed to get two of my friends into the hobby because of co-op mode on TNA. They absolutely HATED playing otherwise, but now that we're a team and there's a goal that everyone can try to accomplish, they asked to play rather than the other way around.

If these companies really wanted interest in pinball to grow they would cater to the inexperienced by making co-op standard on all games. I'm completely baffled as to why hardly anyone does it.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This right here.
I managed to get two of my friends into the hobby because of co-op mode on TNA. They absolutely HATED playing otherwise, but now that we're a team and there's a goal that everyone can try to accomplish, they asked to play rather than the other way around.
If these companies really wanted interest in pinball to grow they would cater to the inexperienced by making co-op standard on all games. I'm completely baffled as to why hardly anyone does it.

I'd assume a lot more programming. Do the companies have the time/resources to do that while there's always a next pin on the way in....

#8 1 year ago

1000000% I own TNA and it is my most played game by friends and family because of COOP mode. I really wish everything game had it built in.

#9 1 year ago

I have tmnt and mando and both are played a lot. I don’t agree with the argument on some games not supporting it from a rule set. You are more or less just setting the game to 6 balls instead of 3 and continuing the scoring across both players. Should be something for every game. I would love to see this on Deadpool or avengers. I suck as a player and I will never see the wizard modes on these games but playing on coop mode I have a chance of seeing the end game.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

I have tmnt and mando and both are played a lot. I don’t agree with the argument on some games not supporting it from a rule set. You are more or less just setting the game to 6 balls instead of 3 and continuing the scoring across both players. Should be something for every game. I would love to see this on Deadpool or avengers. I suck as a player and I will never see the wizard modes on these games but playing on coop mode I have a chance of seeing the end game.

It would be much more than continuing scoring/making it 6 balls. It would be much more time spent on programming. Figuring out rules where one can steal others ball locks, competitions, etc. i'm sure they wont put that time into coding on every game to keep the BOM down.

It would be neat to see who beat a character better in a battle in DP and so on.

1 week later
#11 1 year ago

Team play has been a part of the P3 system since Jan of 2015. It's a platform level feature so all games on the system, first party and third party, can use it. In addition to allowing all players to play together, you can also divide people up however you want, like KIDS against DAD, by putting them all on the same profile. This is all part of the really cool profile system the P3 system has also had for the last 7-8 years. So the KIDS group could be playing on profile saved easy settings while DAD could be playing on his profile's hard settings.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Highland, UT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop
Plastics
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coop-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.