Saucer_2.jpg
Saucer_1.jpg
FLYING_009.jpg
TRIP_072.jpg
TRIP_082.jpg
Saucer_3.jpg
Saucer_2.jpg
Saucer_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Modman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

The TZ Saucer mod is currently on the back burner. I've been trying to "re-invent" the flipper bats used on most late machines. See the thread on "crappy" lightning bats. As far as the pricey Saucer mod goes,I found another supplier for the Pcb/LED board that lights the saucer up that is a lot less expensive and will be able to get the price down. But this is still a time consuming part to make and cutters ain't cheap in the machining world. It blows my mind that the Robby mod has been fetching anywhere from $150 to over $200 and the core of the project is already made cheaply overseas. The ones from Hallmark were only $20 and they even had a voice chip in them. The thing that drives the price up is their unavailability. There's only about $20 to $25 bucks worth of LED's and wire in them. At least with my Saucer project,I have several sticks of 3" bar stock with saucers every few inches. Just have to machine them out. The Mod business is pretty interesting thing to get into but figuring out what the public wants and is willing to pay for is a real mystery at times.

#8 11 years ago

Here are a couple shots of some TZ Saucer toppers I've been working on. They have slow color changing LED's and are bigger than the saucer I made for the play fields. Just trying to figure out how to power them up. Probably will go with an external power supply.

Saucer_1.jpgSaucer_1.jpg Saucer_2.jpgSaucer_2.jpg Saucer_3.jpgSaucer_3.jpg TRIP_082.jpgTRIP_082.jpg TRIP_072.jpgTRIP_072.jpg FLYING_009.jpgFLYING_009.jpg

#9 11 years ago

Here are a couple shots of some TZ Saucer toppers I've been working on. They have slow color changing LED's and are bigger than the saucer I made for the play fields. Just trying to figure out how to power them up. Probably will go with an external power supply.

Saucer_1.jpgSaucer_1.jpg Saucer_2.jpgSaucer_2.jpg Saucer_3.jpgSaucer_3.jpg TRIP_082.jpgTRIP_082.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Modman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coolest-tz-mod-ive-seen-in-a-while?tu=Modman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.