New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 276590)

Coolest ramps/kinetic action?

By VanishingVision

47 days ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by mbaumle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tftcramps (resized).jpg

#1 47 days ago

Inspired by Infinity Quest's spectacular-looking layout. What are your favorite ramps or gimmicks in pinball? Could be something that's challenging/satisfying to shoot, or just something that looks cool when it happens. Ever since I was very young, I've loved rolling ball sculptures and similar kinetic art, and the ramp action is what first drew me to pinball when I was about six or seven.

The first game that comes to mind is Tales From the Crypt, with the spiral (also on Star Wars and LW3) and the big half loop. Come to think of it, both of these elements are on JP2 as well.

tftcramps (resized).jpg
#2 47 days ago
Quoted from VanishingVision:

Inspired by Infinity Quest's spectacular-looking layout. What are your favorite ramps or gimmicks in pinball? Could be something that's challenging/satisfying to shoot, or just something that looks cool when it happens. Ever since I was very young, I've loved rolling ball sculptures and similar kinetic art, and the ramp action is what first drew me to pinball when I was about six or seven.
The first game that comes to mind is Tales From the Crypt, with the spiral (also on Star Wars and LW3) and the big half loop. Come to think of it, both of these elements are on JP2 as well.
[quoted image]

Funny you mentioned TFTC, that's what I thought I was looking at initially on the Infinity Quest playfield...

#3 46 days ago

A pivot from your topic but you reminded me of George Rhoads. You’ve probably seen his work if you are a fan of ball sculptures. I don’t think he ever worked in pinball but that would be amazing. http://georgerhoads.com/

#4 46 days ago

How about the insanity falls ramp in White Water? The ball flies off the ramp, whacks the glass, and then back onto the ramp. There is also a great whirlpool ramp on this game.

#7 46 days ago

The left ramp on monster bash is unusually crisp and smooth. It’s angled in that weird way where you don’t think your shot was strong enough to make the loop, but it always does.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlton, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
£ 32.00
$ 15.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Calgary, AB
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
$ 50.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 36.99
Playfield - Other
Pinball Stuff
Boards
PinSound
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 9.90
Playfields
The Super Fasteners
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside