Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BC_Gambit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hey Pinball people! Wanted to take nominations for the the coolest feature in a pinball game that actually becomes tired/old the more times you play the game. I will start: mine is easily LOTR's Path of the dead. Very cool looking and all but after you play the game a lot, you wish it never existed!

#2 3 years ago

Every feature in every pinball machine gets old over time, impossible to avoid.

#3 3 years ago

Animation you can’t skip gets old very fast

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I hate to be a downer and agree but this is likely the truth. Variety and challenging yourself keeps things fresh.

Not seeing the same gimmick a billion times.

#5 3 years ago

Path of the dead always just seemed like a stripped down path of adventure so I never thought it was that cool.

Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah probably easier to list ones that don't.

#6 3 years ago

13 Ball multi-ball.

#7 3 years ago

Anything that stops the ball that you can't skip. The T-Rex on DE JP is a good example. Sparky on Metallica was starting to get that way but I found a way to skip it.

#8 3 years ago

Double Ferris wheel in Hurricane. One worked well in Cyclone, but two just....drags....it...out......

#9 3 years ago

RPG on T3, thought it was fun at first but now I find myself trying to avoid it.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from sleepygtr:

I will start: mine is easily LOTR's Path of the dead.

I have to agree with this, pretty much useless

#11 3 years ago

The bagatelle on Catacomb. I wanted so bad to keep Catacomb in the lineup because the gameplay is great, but having to deal with the bagatelle after every drained ball is painful.

#12 3 years ago

Jump Rope on Champion Pub.

So cool... the first two times.

#13 3 years ago

Everything gets old, everything sucks, pinball is awful.

Why can't they attach a flamethrower or an outboard motor to a pinball machine?! That will never get old!

We need innovation.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah probably easier to list ones that don't.

There isn't one.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why can't they attach a flamethrower or an outboard motor to a pinball machine?! That will never get old!

Yes it would. Nothing wrong with something getting old over time. Its a game. Sell it and re-buy or stop playing for a few months and the magic will return, somewhat anyway.

#16 3 years ago

I never thought the lamp on TOTAN was cool, but it certainly did get old fast.

#17 3 years ago

TZ power ball / gum ball machine

SW hyper loop

Woz flying monkey magnet

#18 3 years ago

The start of multiball on the Addams Family... "It's Showtime!"

#19 3 years ago

To me most of the oldie but goodie pinball toys / mechs never really gets old. I don’t get tired of seeing it happen time & time again!

Exploding castle on MM
    Sinking Pirate ship on POTC
    The T-Rex swallowing the ball
    The fan blowing on whirlwind
    The fish flapping on Fish Tales
    Thing grabbing the ball in Addams Family

Never gets old!!

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Sparky on Metallica was starting to get that way but I found a way to skip it.

How can you skip it?

#21 3 years ago

The jump rope on Champion Pub

The speed bag on Champion Pub

The boxer on Champion Pub

The boxer actually isn’t too bad. CP was the first game I bought so it got old very quick. Once I got Taxi I never wanted to play CP again.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How can you skip it?

Changing the volume with my external volume control skips it.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from steveontilt:

RPG on T3, thought it was fun at first but now I find myself trying to avoid it.

Wow.. I've had mine for a couple of years, and this is still my favourite feature. My only complaint would be the unfinished code here, where the first mode gives you the bonus for getting them all in less shots etc.. (hitting 2 with 1 etc. downstrafe ), but the further modes don't have this.. still, they do progress, and I can shoot through them very quickly. Operating this during simultaneous play is always fun too.

Always thought it would be cool if they had a mode where the player would need to avoid the rpg

#24 3 years ago

Ringmaster on CV?

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We need innovation.

Handies from the coin door? We HAVE the technology!!

#26 3 years ago

I was going to say boom balloon. I mean it’s a pop bumper after all and it usually doesn’t hit as aggressive as other pops since the whole thing is mounted on a carriage assembly.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from sleepygtr:

Handies from the coin door? We HAVE the technology!!

We already have THING from TaF too so maybe just integrate some spinning disk motor or something and away we go.

#28 3 years ago

I thought I loved Iron Man and that Monger rising up was epic. I still like the game a lot, but Monger is a total buzzkill.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from sleepygtr:

Hey Pinball people! Wanted to take nominations for the the coolest feature in a pinball game that actually becomes tired/old the more times you play the game. I will start: mine is easily LOTR's Path of the dead. Very cool looking and all but after you play the game a lot, you wish it never existed!

Yes wish it wash a moving board like on original Indian Jones pin

#30 3 years ago

The center shot in Iron Maiden gets old ramp up or down, love the game but wish more in it

#31 3 years ago

The ski lift on Wipeout

#32 3 years ago

The crane on LAH takes FOREVER.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

The crane on LAH takes FOREVER.

At least you can disable it and it doesn’t affect gameplay scoring.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

At least you can disable it and it doesn’t affect gameplay scoring.

Cool so you can still virtually lock balls and get the increased jackpots in MB?

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We need innovation.

Nah. Outboards that throw flames? Great first time, then meh after that. BORING....
    Come to think of it...
    Wife. Family. Life in general. BORING! What else we got?

Breathing? Overhyped.
    Eating? Just gets ya fat.

Pinball by its own design like anything else can get repititous. Play with others. Especially those who don’t own them. Always makes it fun again!

#36 3 years ago

I'm trying to think of anything that doesn't get old. Probably TOM magnet trunk, MM exploding castle. Everything else, old pretty quick.

Code updates keep everything fresh, but you guys don't have code updates for old games

#37 3 years ago

The feature of all pinballs constantly getting more and more expensive is getting really old, I'm tired of it! Wish prices could go back to what it was 20 years ago so I could hoard more pins

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

The feature of all pinballs constantly getting more and more expensive is getting really old, I'm tired of it! Wish prices could go back to what it was 20 years ago so I could hoard more pins

Agree we gotta be all choosey now!

#39 3 years ago

Never gets old?
    Klingon multi on ST!

#40 3 years ago

having to use coins when we were kids

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

having to use coins when we were kids

For real / blowin our hard earned $

#43 3 years ago

im still amazed at all the cool toys old and new on pinball games..that said i can not turn on bone busters and listen to that talking scull for any length of time..the thrill lasted i week,now i know why he lost an eye

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

im still amazed at all the cool toys old and new on pinball games..that said i can not turn on bone busters and listen to that talking scull for any length of time..the thrill lasted i week,now i know why he lost an eye

Man, imagine how much that topper would go for these days; more than the going rate of the game

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coolest-pinball-feature-that-gets-old-over-time-nominations-please?hl=slghokie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.