(Topic ID: 103022)

Coolest paint ever!

By pinballpete

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

This company Darkside Scientific has found a way to make electro luminescent spray paint. This stuff looks amazing and it would be very cool on a pinball. Stern, JJP, . . . Someone find a way to use this stuf!

Here it is on a car
    http://vimeo.com/102641140

Look at the video in the comments section here to see more cool uses.

http://gizmodo.com/5991776/i-want-to-cover-every-single-wall-in-this-electroluminescent-paint

#2 9 years ago

Say goodbye to bulbs and LEDs, no need for playfield inserts with that paint. Could be sweet!

#4 9 years ago

I was wondering when someone was going to do this. I wonder how this paint hold up?

#6 9 years ago

I'm speechless !!! WOW
    This paint is about to change everything. A red truck when I'm driving, black when my wife drives!

#7 9 years ago

That is awesome

#8 9 years ago

How much $$$$$ is the product?

#9 9 years ago

That Jeep would make a heck of a getaway car, presuming no one got your license plate.

Disclaimer: not a criminal.

#11 9 years ago

Holy crap - that's wild!

#12 9 years ago

DuPont was in the process several years ago of making some sort of paint or a wall paper just like this for all-purpose use, like painting walls in a house (info from a family member who was working there for a short period). Imagine changing your wall color on the fly, or something that changes automatically depending on time of day, season. Pretty cool to think about, it is just around the corner. They had a demo video proof-of-concept of this guy walking up to the wall, drawing a square, and it becoming a TV.

#13 9 years ago

So... how does the color in the rim of the Jeep change shades too? Is there wiring or something that attaches to the rotating wheel to pull this off? Looks totally fishy to me. I'm not buying it.

#14 9 years ago

I'm calling BS on that Jeep video. That would be easy enough to do if the jeep were already painted bright green by using green screen effects in a video editor. It was well done, but I don't believe it.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

So... how does the color in the rim of the Jeep change shades too? Is there wiring or something that attaches to the rotating wheel to pull this off? Looks totally fishy to me. I'm not buying it.

Quoted from Gov:

I'm calling BS on that Jeep video. That would be easy enough to do if the jeep were already painted bright green by using green screen effects in a video editor. It was well done, but I don't believe it.

See my link above....

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

See my link above....

Thanks Ralph

#17 9 years ago

If it works, a great way to evade totally corrupt speed traps.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

i call BS too! the color of the house also changes when it changes , not buying stock on this one.

#19 9 years ago

The Jeep one is not real for sure.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from ls1chris:

i call BS too! the color of the house also changes when it changes , not buying stock on this one.

I was going to say the same thing. You can see a "halo effect" color change on the garage door of the house when the colors change. That simply wouldn't happen if this was legit.

#24 9 years ago

I can so see this kind of paint going on unmarked cop cars.
    Kind wonder about how much electricity it takes to make it 'work' and how weather like rain/snow could effect it.

#25 9 years ago

Awesome! I'd love to see this effect on ramps, where the lights flash in synch ball movement in a sweeping pattern. Or just a really cool attract mode. The possibilities are amazing...

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Awesome! I'd love to see this effect on ramps,

IT'S NOT REAL!!!

#27 9 years ago

Man, if OJ's Bronco had that eh?

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

IT'S NOT REAL!!!

It started out as a fake video. But now it is real. Apparently...

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

But now it is real.

It glows - it does not change colors.

#30 9 years ago

Think of the tron suits, going bad to good, red to blue...

#31 9 years ago

I think these are two different things. The electroluminescent paint is real but isn't sold to consumers. Apparently it needs a pro to apply it. The color changing paint is a gag.

The light up paint would be so awesome in a pinball. Kind of like what Preditor was doing with the black light but cooler. I wish my Tron had this stuff

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coolest-paint-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.