7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I'd love to hear about things that you "discovered" about a pin weeks or months after owning it.

For example, tonight while playing FH I noticed for the first time that the clock on the playfield counts down the end of modes line "hidden hallway multiball". It was a combination of "Wow, that's cool" and "Oh sh*t! How did I not notice that before?" I'm sure on the deeper games there are lot's of little things to notice.

#2 7 years ago

Maybe not exactly what you mean but the discovery that a five-way combo on Tommy relights multiball really blew my mind.

#3 7 years ago

It wasn't until I scared up a tilt plumbob that I discovered how funny the tilt quotes on No Fear were... does that count? (actually, even then, it was a long time before I tilted - nudging is something that doesn't come naturally to me)
    "Get a spine!" (intonation is great, the skull is pissed at you)
    "It's /only/ pinball!"

Quoted from Natetheviking:

Maybe not exactly what you mean but the discovery that a five-way combo on Tommy relights multiball really blew my mind.

He's a pinball wizard!
    And, never knew that. I need to own a Tommy, or find one less than a 1 hr drive away.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Natetheviking:

I'd love to know what the 5-way combo is. I've pulled off a 4-way combo a handful of times, but it was purely by accident.

#5 7 years ago

I found out that I had to learn how to do my own repairs...and you never have enough or the right parts to complete said repairs.

#6 7 years ago

Now that I have BBH, there are all sorts of hidden stuff that I have been finding.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from DrAzzy:

It wasn't until I scared up a tilt plumbob that I discovered how funny the tilt quotes on No Fear were... does that count? (actually, even then, it was a long time before I tilted - nudging is something that doesn't come naturally to me)
    "Get a spine!" (intonation is great, the skull is pissed at you)
    "It's /only/ pinball!"

Rudy says the same thing in FH at times. I heard it for the first time a few weeks ago when a buddy was over playing and tilted. Laughed my ass off.

#8 7 years ago

I didn't know MM had Barnyard Multiball. I thought the game was going bananas.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Natetheviking said:Maybe not exactly what you mean but the discovery that a five-way combo on Tommy relights multiball really blew my mind.
    I'd love to know what the 5-way combo is. I've pulled off a 4-way combo a handful of times, but it was purely by accident.

Well, it ends on the mirror so working backwards...right orbit or genius lane. Both ramps are involved, of course. Piece it together!

#10 7 years ago

Took me a while to find out the center and right ramps stayed up on NGG and you shot under them to lock the balls. Mine were broken and removed and I did not know it until I saw them work properly in a video. Got the Cliffys upgrades, springs and shim and it is good now. Before I could lock the balls by shooting the ramps while down.

#11 7 years ago

picking out the which episodes the artwork on tz come from. tz marathon on syfy this weekend!

#12 7 years ago

With ALL pins, they are so much cheaper to own than pump quarters in at an arcade....

#13 7 years ago

Saw a cool animation on my Johnny Mnemonic the other night. Ripped a 5way combo and the DMD showed a JM table being pushed out the window of a building, hitting the ground and crumpling. Vioce said "pinball is dangerous". It was funny.

#14 7 years ago

My buddy was over New Years Eve and was playing my Road Show that I have had for at least 5 years and says to me. I never saw this plunger on the left before.
    He has played lots of games on it but never got to flying rocks to get to use it.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I never saw this plunger on the left before.

That is some funny stuff!
    At least it wasn't GNR or FH, that might have been embarrassing! (Yeah right!)

#16 7 years ago

On Baywatch rear playfield by the tower there is pictures of some older guys who I don't think were in the show.

#17 7 years ago

The three way and four way combo on my TAF. Sometimes I will play only to see how many of these I can make in one game. This also happens to be some of the most satisfying combination of shots in pinball (IMHO).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 7,300.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.95
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside