Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 10 years ago

John Reuter from Gorham Maine! Talked with him. What an AWESOME guy! Definitely one of the nicest guy's you could ever hope to talk with or meet. A great news piece on a great person.

Love all this pinball stuff in the news. We gotta do all that we can to keep pinball alive and well for generations to come.

#3 10 years ago

That was actually a pretty good story, and yes seemed pretty normal, thanx for sharing.

Nesbit?...Isn't Mrs. Nesbit Buzz Lightyear's name when he's at the tea party?

#4 10 years ago

always good for pinball to get a little air time. Let's the general public know that pinball people = crazy

#5 10 years ago

yeah nice read

#6 10 years ago

Cool story, I need 90 more pins myself!

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Cool story, I need 90 more pins myself!

LOL Second that!

#8 10 years ago

My wife's belief is that the average person who is into pinball is pretty darn normal. Here's her reasoning:

1) Before you can buy a pinball machine, you need a place big enough to put it that you control.

2) Pinball machines are expensive, so you need to have a source of income where you can afford them.

3) Pinball, and arcades in general, are / were a social affair. People who are into collecting those got into the social norms of visiting and interacting with people at arcades that people who dive into extreme other hobbies don't have as part of it.

I know multiple people that have 50+ machines, and I don't know one of them who I would think of as an eccentric who I wouldn't want to hang out with. I can instantly think of people in other hobbies that I know of (and participate in myself) who I would rather avoid.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

My wife's belief is that the average person who is into pinball is pretty darn normal. Here's her reasoning:
    1) Before you can buy a pinball machine, you need a place big enough to put it that you control.
    2) Pinball machines are expensive, so you need to have a source of income where you can afford them.
    3) Pinball, and arcades in general, are / were a social affair. People who are into collecting those got into the social norms of visiting and interacting with people at arcades that people who dive into extreme other hobbies don't have as part of it.
    I know multiple people that have 50+ machines, and I don't know one of them who I would think of as an eccentric who I wouldn't want to hang out with. I can instantly think of people in other hobbies that I know of (and participate in myself) who I would rather avoid.

I like your wife's reasoning. +1 for her.

#10 10 years ago

John is right down the road from me. I've been to his place a few times.
    He holds pin tournaments there all the time. He's quite well known throughout the
    Northeast.

If you liked that news clip, here's a 10 minute short story video on John and his pins:

http://vimeo.com/37437181

#11 10 years ago

PS. John was, as mentioned it that video, Senior World Pinball Champion.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheGMan:

He holds pin tournaments there all the time. He's quite well known throughout the
    Northeast.
    If you liked that news clip, here's a 10 minute short story video on John and his pins:
    » Vimeo video

Cool vid, thanks for posting. I saw it a while back and thought "that guy is me in 15 years"

I'm the same as John, maybe I could live without pins, but don't take away my music. No sir.

rd.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheGMan:

Northeast.
    » Vimeo video

That is an EXCELLENT doc. LOVED it.

#14 10 years ago

He seems to have a well rounded and varied pin collection from the late 70s to the present, but in the local news story there is not one E/M pin shown or discussed. At least in the mini-doc clip, there was a spotlight on Target Alpha pin.
    I would think someone with ~100 pins, would have more than one E/M pin.
    But to each his/her own , i guess. I should talk, I only own 3 or 4 pins post the 1985.
    The guy is certainly well versed in the lore and art and zen of pinball.

#15 10 years ago

Anybody who has that many machines is absolutely crazy.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

So I guess you are just shy of crazy?!?! ;>

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

He seems to have a well rounded and varied pin collection from the late 70s to the present, but in the local news story there is not one E/M pin shown or discussed. At least in the mini-doc clip, there was a spotlight on Target Alpha pin.
    I would think someone with ~100 pins, would have more than one E/M pin.
    But to each his/her own , i guess. I should talk, I only own 3 or 4 pins post the 1985.
    The guy is certainly well versed in the lore and art and zen of pinball.

He has at least a dozen EM's but they aren't "flashy" enough for a TV news story.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

So I guess you are just shy of crazy?!?! ;>

and pinwiz is TRIPLE crazy?

#19 10 years ago

Pinball collectors are the coolest and most humble people I have ever met. Love all these videos and attention pinball is getting again!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

LMAO!!!

Pete, If you haven't already, make sure you check out Flankers Birthday thread. It's CLASSIC!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

You can say that again.

rd.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cool-news-story-about-about-a-guy-with-95-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.