6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DrStarkweather
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#3 6 years ago

I've heard the place is a great time, and better than Emporium... Biggest pinball arcade in the Midwest? Yeah buddy!

#4 6 years ago

First enchanted castle, now this. Oh yes, the pins are returning to their origin. I am so there when that place opens

#5 6 years ago

I'm in Chicago several times a year, definitely putting this on my visit list.

#6 6 years ago

Look out Portland, Chicago is quickly becoming the pinball capital (again) for location play.
    Terry.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Look out Portland, Chicago is quickly becoming the pinball capital (again) for location play.
    Terry.

As it should be!

#8 6 years ago

Biggest pinball arcade in the midwest? At 20-25 games?

They haven't been to the Shark Club lately.....

Later,
    EV

#9 6 years ago

SOLID!

#10 6 years ago

Another place run by a bunch of colostomy bags who could care less about vids/pins looking to capitalize on a current trend. I'll never forget the time I went to Emporium and they had a cotton ball with Duct tape as a fix for a joystick on Donkey Kong.

Perhaps the dudes at Headquarters will spend a little more time researching the rules of the city in regards to licensing, etc. before expanding on their "beercade". All of their games were on free play when I went there because of this. Very well organized!

Support local places with pins/vids that have owners/ops that care people (like Bottom Lounge, Enchanted Castle, Logan Hardware, etc.). Don't give your money to these bags.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry.

Sounds like it! Hopefully they will be maintained. My cousins and I stopped into a place there with a bunch of pinball machines when we were taking their daughters to American Girl Palace for their birthday (twins!). It was pretty neat. I had never played a Space Jam before.

#12 6 years ago

http://chicagoist.com/2013/04/05/both_chicago_arcade_bars_plan_expan.php

Iv been to HQbarcade, and honestly wasn't impressed. Its in the DePaul college neighborhood so naturally the clientele is mostly high-fiving frat bros. The Uncle Fatty's referenced in the article is also known as a Sh*t-show of college kids.

The games are set on freeplay, which you think would be awesome. Except it means large group of bros pulling a table over to the game they like and continuing to park there the whole night. Currently they have South Park and Rollergames, and while both seemed to be working pretty much 100%, flippers were generally weak and they looked super dirty.

Im going to stay positive in spite of it all though and hope that the place will be awesome. Can't hurt to have a place within a mile of me with a ton of games!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buffpac5:

I've heard the place is a great time, and better than Emporium... Biggest pinball arcade in the Midwest? Yeah buddy!

1. Excellent news for pinball fans everywhere! Why should someone not make money on this trend in a capitalistic society, especially if it gets more people into our hobby (and hopefully extends the life of said hobby)?

2. Great news for those in/near Chicago! Another place to enjoy pinball.

3. Biggest pinball arcade in the Midwest? Heck, how about just IL ---> www.cppinball.com
    I am a friend of Chuck's and am biased, but please give credit where credit is due. If you haven't heard of it, then check out the website and then go there (often). BYOB! You won't be disappointed, unless you don't like fun.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buffpac5:

I've heard the place is a great time, and better than Emporium...

I have to powerfully disagree on that. Iv spent many nights at Emporium, and a couple at Headquarters. Emporium wins hands down, but now with HQ expanding...that could change things. Time will tell.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 275.00
    $ 89.00
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 93.00
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 90.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 239.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside