IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
IMG_0008 (resized).JPG
IMG_0006 (resized).JPG
IMG_0005 (resized).JPG
IMG_0011 (resized).JPG
IMG_0023 (resized).JPG
IMG_0018 (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

I recently had the good fortune of finding a HUO Gottlieb Rocky. Machine had been in the same house since new. A little cleaning, some new rubbers and it looks amazing, check out how clean the inside of the coin door is, I have never seen one that clean before. The original battery was still on the CPU but fortunately there was no damage and I could easily remove it. Here are pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/albums/72157720171437008

I would click on the first picture then advance one at a time with the arrow. I don't like the way the Flickr home page opens. My game room does not have great lighting so the pictures are a little dark. Enjoy.

#2 2 years ago

Wow great find! Stunning condition

#3 2 years ago

Amazing condition, great find.

#4 2 years ago

This is an amazing copy of the game. I've seen it in person. A true treasure... It's unreal how this clean of a copy of such a rare game even exists. It brought me back in time when I used to play it on location in the early 80s and it was new.

#5 2 years ago

Wow that is incredible

#7 2 years ago

I landed a HUO Medusa several years ago on a super lucky find.. and it's like your pics, all the metal is like brand new and it's unbelievable to see in person... like it was just pulled out of the box.

Congrats on your find!!

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I recently had the good fortune of finding a HUO Gottlieb Rocky. Machine had been in the same house since new. A little cleaning, some new rubbers and it looks amazing, check out how clean the inside of the coin door is, I have never seen one that clean before. The original battery was still on the CPU but fortunately there was no damage and I could easily remove it. Here are pics:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/albums/72157720171437008
I would click on the first picture then advance one at a time with the arrow. I don't like the way the Flickr home page opens. My game room does not have great lighting so the pictures are a little dark. Enjoy.

A lot of these flickr threads get lost after a few years. Browsing old Pinside Flickr links don’t work anymore. I’d encourage you to upload them directly to the site!

Did you check/record the audits before you cut the battery off? Would be cool to see. I checked the audits on the LW3 that was on route with original 1992 batteries and it had over 20 years of recorded “idle minutes” it was pretty cool!

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

A lot of these flickr threads get lost after a few years. Browsing old Pinside Flickr links don’t work anymore. I’d encourage you to upload them directly to the site!
Did you check/record the audits before you cut the battery off? Would be cool to see. I checked the audits on the LW3 that was on route with original 1992 batteries and it had over 20 years of recorded “idle minutes” it was pretty cool!

I did check the audits but the battery was totally dead and the original audits were lost. Did you mean to load the pics to this thread or is there an archive section for something like this?

#10 2 years ago

What yall think this is worth? $10k? 12500?

#12 2 years ago

OK, just did 12, not all of them so I won't blow up page.

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0023 (resized).JPGIMG_0023 (resized).JPG
#13 2 years ago

not all of them so I won't blow up page.

Feel free to upload all of them. It's free

#14 2 years ago

It's a beauty! Great find.

#15 2 years ago

An awesome find!!

#16 2 years ago

OK, just did 12, not all of them so I won't blow up page

Blowing up a pinball thread with something this UNIQUE is a good thing! Dump it all, that’s why we’re all here! Make sure you select the “original size” feature so we get the full HQ pictures!

#17 2 years ago

Wow, that's a beauty, congrats!

#18 2 years ago

Wow. Thanks for sharing.

#19 2 years ago

Very nice find

#20 2 years ago

Wow. That is fantastic.

#21 2 years ago

I’ll throw in a wow!

I’d ask $18k, take a bunch of abuse, and settle for $13-15k.

Rocky fans are total lunatics for this stuff. The movie and it’s terrible sequels have attained religion like status.

#22 2 years ago

That's a sweet looking machine!

How on earth did the batteries last that long!?

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll throw in a wow!
I’d ask $18k, take a bunch of abuse, and settle for $13-15k.
Rocky fans are total lunatics for this stuff. The movie and it’s terrible sequels have attained religion like status.

Yeah but IV is the best.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Yeah but IV is the best.

Ya know I think I'll watch that tonight. They just released a new directors cut with never before seen footage.

#25 2 years ago

Ya know I think I'll watch that tonight. They just released a new directors cut with never before seen footage.

You hate it!

They cut the robot!!!

They should have recut it to have the robot sing a frank stallone song during the montage.

#26 2 years ago

Blowing up a pinball thread with something this UNIQUE is a good thing! Dump it all, that’s why we’re all here! Make sure you select the “original size” feature so we get the full HQ pictures!

As requested, here's the rest of the pics for full detail.

IMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPG
#27 2 years ago

You should also upload the images to the Pinside gallery for the game….

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/rocky/gallery

#28 2 years ago

So what’s the story? Little old lady’s house? Deceased rocky collector?

#29 2 years ago

Awesome find !!!

Congrats !!!

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You should also upload the images to the Pinside gallery for the game….
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/rocky/gallery

Done

#31 2 years ago

Incredible! Probably the nicest one I've ever seen.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So what’s the story? Little old lady’s house? Deceased rocky collector?

Just a very nice couple who were doing well way back when and bought it for their kids. Suddenly forty years went by and they weren't able to keep their house anymore and Rocky was still there. House was in full 70's theme with shag carpet and that crazy thick stucco everywhere. It was almost like visiting the Brady Bunch.

#33 2 years ago

Can’t wait to see what it’s listed at.
Shoot for 25K? You won’t find a nicer one.

#34 2 years ago

Absolutely incredible! I have a Rocky and am proud to have it - yes, I’m a huge Rocky fan- but this one puts mine to shame. You made an incredible discovery on this one. It’s pristine for sure…truly museum quality. Congratulations!

#35 2 years ago

If no one else wants to ask, I will…… What did you pay for it?

#36 2 years ago

Nice. Took me 4 years to find mine. Bought it last year for 4500 before prices went nuts. Owner had put nos playfield in and then passed away.

FB_IMG_1637798274581 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1637798274581 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1637798281129 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1637798281129 (resized).jpg
#37 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

How on earth did the batteries last that long!?

If the game is almost never turned off for 25+ years even the old alkaline batteries will stay “good” because they’re charged endlessly

As requested, here's the rest of the pics for full detail.

Just a stunning example, great find, and thanks for documenting it!

#38 2 years ago

Nice find,Mike! Looks great.

#39 2 years ago

I know a Friend who would "Kill" (not literally) for that thing.
Super find, thanks for sharing.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Nice. Took me 4 years to find mine. Bought it last year for 4500 before prices went nuts. Owner had put nos playfield in and then passed away.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Dude, yours is very nice as well

#41 2 years ago

Gorgeous pin with a really fun to shoot layout. Absolutely one of a kind.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cool-find-huo-rocky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.