(Topic ID: 40947)

Cool day at the arcade

By Pinballmike217

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010021.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Today was a fun first at my arcade. I'm just emptying tokens out of the pins. There are a couple kids in the room. One is playing Family Guy. He is maybe 10 or 12 years old. Kids don't usually acknowledge an adult. All of a sudden the kid turns around, jumps in my face and says " HEY do you want to play Family Guy WITH ME!!! He practically scared the crap out of me. So I said "sure, why not". The kid puts up like 10M on first ball all the while explaining to me all the shots and multiball modes. This kid knew his stuff. I get my turn and the kid was impressed I made it to Stewie Multiball. I didn't last long. On his second ball he told me to go finish my work and he would call me when it was my turn. Wow. I let my next two balls go fairly quickly. I wanted the kid to win, but I ended up beating him by 13M to 12M. All he could say was "I can't believe you beat me, I'm REALLY good. I said "yes you are, I guess I just got lucky". I gave him a handful of tokens and thanked him for the game. What a cool game that was. First time in almost three years a kid asked me to play. I'm just glad I have a place for him to have some fun.

#2 11 years ago

Nice. 10 or 12 is about the perfect age to get them started. Give him a couple of years and you won't have to let him win. Love his opening line. Sounds like something a young Rick Stetta would say.

Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I'm just glad I have a place for him to have some fun.

Hell yes. Again, nice work. Hope you get many more kids just like that one.

#3 11 years ago

Best story ever Mike! Thanks for sharing. The kids/ our kids are the future of the hobby. Thank gosh two of my three love pinball. Someone needs to' carry the torch' long after Im gone. ~SpOoKy

#4 11 years ago

. I'm just glad I have a place for him to have some fun.

Great story Mike. Too many kids these days are glued to their phones in their own world ignoring others. Nice to see that socially outgoing kids still exist.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Give him a couple of years and you won't have to let him win.

Give him a couple of years and you may never win again!

#6 11 years ago

Great story!!

Where is your arcade?

Chris

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Great story!!

Where is your arcade?

Chris

http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

195 Concord Turnpike, Cambridge, MA 02140

LTG : )

#9 11 years ago

Waiiiiit a minute,,, you commute to Cambridge from MN to play pinball? Wow. Hardcore.

#10 11 years ago

Should of said something wack-
    "I'm the King and tho have never been beaten ....and none is better then I "

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

Waiiiiit a minute,,, you commute to Cambridge from MN to play pinball? Wow. Hardcore.

Ha, Lloyds in MN, I'm in MA. What do you say Lloyd, come on over. You can commute that.

#12 11 years ago

Ha, Lloyds in MN, I'm in MA. What do you say Lloyd, come on over. You can commute that.

If I had the chance I'd do it in a heartbeat. See your great location, and you !

#13 11 years ago

Is the pic on your website accurate? No games before 2003?

#14 11 years ago

That's pretty cool man. Sounds like it was a good time!

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

The one on the link I posted with Hulk in it ? And Family Guy ?

#16 11 years ago

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. The picture on my website is accurate. I do have an Addams Family which is older than 2003. Here are a couple pictures of the Avengers launch party last Friday, it was a blast!

P1010008.JPGP1010008.JPG P1010021.JPGP1010021.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cool-day-at-the-arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.