Linked Games

Topic poll

“Pro or Premium with the new code”

• Dealpool PRO 48 votes
    49%
  • Deadpool PREMIUM 49 votes
    51%

(97 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sdtminstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 4 years ago

I think I might be able to offer some perspective here. I have owned both. As a person who leans towards Pros usually, I feel the difference is usually not worth the price discrepancy. I recently sold my pro however and picked up a premium (both lightly used). I love the game. So much so in fact, that I thought it was worth upgrading to get the full monty Premium, or at least the half monty (I am certainly not an LE type).

So, my thoughts.

Pro. The art is better on the pro. I like the more generalized art of the series there. I mean, the dinosaur and the megalodon are great in the game, but damn it, I want the machine to have a stylized DP on the side. It's also a better value.

Premium. There is a fundamental difference to how the game plays. Yes, it is the orbit diverter, but there is more. The drops cushion side to side shots. There is much less danger. With nearly the same exact setup, I have put up consistently higher scores on the premium. Its all relative, so scores don't matter, but you may find, like me, that this also makes it more enjoyable. Disco ball is great, although those are available aftermarket. The figures look 10x better than the plastics. The truck. The color wire form/habitrail. It...just looks better, at least on the playfield.

If it were me, and you love the game, go ahead and treat yourself if you can and get the premium. Especially in a bank of multiple games. If you have a short attention span, and this is just scratching a temporary itch, and/or you want to maximize your bang for the buck in exchange for a couple of significant gameplay differences then grab the pro. Either way, its a great game, especially when setup right (it's more sensitive than most, with the bank shot multiplier up the ramp and the cross ramp).

I will say this, for what its worth. I took the Stern tour last Week. You know what I saw the most of being built? The merc with the mouth. Munsters were almost entirely absent and I saw a few BM66 Catwoman Ed. A lot of Black Knights were being churned out and Deadpools were EVERYWHERE. You, err we, aren't alone in wanting one apparently.

Best of luck with your decision.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Aftermarket disco balls don't work the same way at all. Functionality is different than the Premium/LE.

Ok. Didn't know that. Put another slash in the premium column then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sdtminstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convince-me-why-i-need-a-premium-deadpool?tu=sdtminstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.