Linked Games

Topic poll

“Pro or Premium with the new code”

• Dealpool PRO 48 votes
    49%
  • Deadpool PREMIUM 49 votes
    51%

(97 votes)

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Currently have WOZ,TZ,GOT Premium and Iron Maiden Pro

Love my Iron Maiden and almost wish I had gone pro. Looking to add a Deadpool PRO to the lineup. I have played it on location and enjoy the game. As always if I can save the extra coin I can apply that to another new game down the line.

Even with the new code out what's the verdict of PRO vs Premium these days? I have read the older threads.

#2 4 years ago

No need to convince. It’s a game. I have a Pro and like it just fine. It just depends on how you define value.

#3 4 years ago

You only live once, can't take the money with you, buy now and enjoy! That's how I usually convince myself to buy a new pin lol.

#4 4 years ago

Thats easy, the tough thing would be convincing you u "why you don't need a DP Pre".

#5 4 years ago

If you want a better flowing game, then buy a premium.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

If you want a better flowing game, then buy a premium.

That's my struggle. 2K just for better flow off one orbit shot? Can't wrap my head around that LOL

#7 4 years ago

Premium without a doubt. My recommendation is to play them both on location and then make an informed decision.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

That's my struggle. 2K just for better flow off one orbit shot? Can't wrap my head around that LOL

Is the light show better on the premium as well? They usually toss in more RGB lighting on the premiums...

#9 4 years ago

You need the premium because drop targets are awesome and it gives you more of them to shoot at (11) than any game I can think of in the past 25 years or so other than Hobbit. Also, the up/down actuated ramp gives you a left orbit to right flipper shot which adds nontrivial depth to the game and is missing on the pro.

I think those two items alone are worth the premium, but play both and decide for yourself. The illuminated apron panels, disco ball, 3D truck model, and additional character figures are cool items too, but nonessential.

I actually slightly prefer the pro cabinet and backbox art though.

Edit to answer above post:
Lighting is basically the same, both games have a handful of RGB inserts and red GI accents. Premium has a couple of additional spots for the added figurines, and the apron panels are backlit in typical premium/LE fashion.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

I've owned a Pro for 2-3 months now and over the weekend I got a lot time on an premium and it's definitely not worth the extra 2K. Also, I'm not sure I see how the orbit shot improves the flow either. Only way it improves the flow is by slowing and controlling the ball. Save the 2k and buy something else.

#12 4 years ago

Dp pro is a really good pin with the newest code. The premium is awesome also but for the price difference the pro is mostly all there for much less. Can't go wrong with eaither .... save even more by getting a huo pro with mods.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

And the disco modes. Do not underestimate the disco modes.

And the drop targets.

It's worth the extra money, without question. Much better overall experience than the Pro.

#14 4 years ago

get the pro
the extra's are worthless

#15 4 years ago

So I literally just made this decision. I was set on the pro bc I could care less about the additional character models and other not essential upgrades. The two items that got my attention were the drops and the orbit shot. I thought how could that warrant the purchase but I tried out an LE on route and after playing it wasn't even a question anymore. That orbit shot is so damn satisfying back to right flipper.... It really helps take the game to the next level. The drops since there are so many felt much better than targets.... Reminds me of twd.

All in all I went premium.

Gl!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Heres the thing upon resale ur looking at about the same loss so who cares. If its a case of cash flow then ofcourse you have to be careful but the only reason I won't take the Pre over a pro is because I prefer the gameplay of the Pro. SW's BK3. Try both then decide.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

If you want a better flowing game, then buy a premium.Also because all the LEs are sold out!!

#18 4 years ago

There is a LE in my company office, and I recently played a Pro on location and would go Pro over the Premium/LE any day.

1. The one in the company office is using older code. The new code makes a world of difference.
2. I don't like the drop targets on the LE/Premium. The Targets reset after they are all knocked down. This has led to drains from the drop targets popping up while the ball was on top of it and forcing the ball straight down the middle.
3. I personally much prefer the art package on the LE and Pro.

Both games are great, but tie goes to the Pro... especially if you take the cost savings into account.

#19 4 years ago

You don't. The flow thing is different on the premium/LE, not necessarily better.

This comes down to many of the pin choices now days for me... if I have the extra cash and don't care, I go premium or LE.. if I'm a little tight at the moment or just don't feel like spending the extra money, Pro with no regrets.

#20 4 years ago

Get the pro the extra's are not worth the extra cash and as a tournament player the pro is more difficult compared to the premium so that's why I like it more.

#21 4 years ago

Given how everything is so one camp or the other, polarizing almost, it makes me think you really just need to play each in order to decide which camp you’re in!

#22 4 years ago

Neither, deadpool game is rather boring imo.

#23 4 years ago

I’ve only played the pro on early code and didn’t like it. I really would like to get some time on one now though so i can fairly assess a versus battle.

That said, I initially went premium for the extra flow (it really is a bad ass shot). But, having those drops are so nice on this title. There’s a lot of good rules associate with them that makes the drops really feel good. Also, the light show of disco modes are a great appeal too. I couldn’t imagine playing this title without those features.

A lot of sterns you can get away with the pro model and have an amazing long lasting experience. But for DP, it really seems like you need the total package especially if it’s sitting next to games like WOZ and TZ.

#24 4 years ago

Thank you for everyone's input. I am flying out to SoCal this weekend and will see if I can find a premium to play. Will be down in the San Diego / South OC area if anyone knows a place with one.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Thank you for everyone's input. I am flying out to SoCal this weekend and will see if I can find a premium to play. Will be down in the San Diego / South OC area if anyone knows a place with one.

Mission Brewery, 1441 L Street, San Diego, CA
Pizza Port, 571 Carlsbad Village Dr, Carlsbad, CA

#26 4 years ago

I've was in your shoes last month and I really tried to justify the Premium. I wish they threw in RGB's LEDs throughout the game to enhance game play. I own a JJP DI and JJP knocks it out of the park with their RGB LEDs. In the end I couldn't give Stern 1700 more dollars for what is already a good game and went with a Pro. Now if they had a lower/upper playfield....or another lock mech....I've done it in a heartbeat. Stern still got my $ but not as much as they could've.

Another aspect is to look at mods...upgrading shooter rod, speakers, external volume control, etc. that you could make either trim package better.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I've was in your shoes last month and I really tried to justify the Premium. I wish they threw in RGB's LEDs throughout the game to enhance game play. I own a JJP DI and JJP knocks it out of the park with their RGB LEDs. In the end I couldn't give Stern 1700 more dollars for what is already a good game and went with a Pro. Now if they had a lower/upper playfield....or another lock mech....I've done it in a heartbeat. Stern still got my $ but not as much as they could've.
Another aspect is to look at mods...upgrading shooter rod, speakers, external volume control, etc. that you could make either trim package better.

Yep u wld think by now stern wld at least include rgb inserts on the premium/le models. It really adds to the experience and doubt it really costs much especially considering how much the premium/le is now.

#28 4 years ago

I think I might be able to offer some perspective here. I have owned both. As a person who leans towards Pros usually, I feel the difference is usually not worth the price discrepancy. I recently sold my pro however and picked up a premium (both lightly used). I love the game. So much so in fact, that I thought it was worth upgrading to get the full monty Premium, or at least the half monty (I am certainly not an LE type).

So, my thoughts.

Pro. The art is better on the pro. I like the more generalized art of the series there. I mean, the dinosaur and the megalodon are great in the game, but damn it, I want the machine to have a stylized DP on the side. It's also a better value.

Premium. There is a fundamental difference to how the game plays. Yes, it is the orbit diverter, but there is more. The drops cushion side to side shots. There is much less danger. With nearly the same exact setup, I have put up consistently higher scores on the premium. Its all relative, so scores don't matter, but you may find, like me, that this also makes it more enjoyable. Disco ball is great, although those are available aftermarket. The figures look 10x better than the plastics. The truck. The color wire form/habitrail. It...just looks better, at least on the playfield.

If it were me, and you love the game, go ahead and treat yourself if you can and get the premium. Especially in a bank of multiple games. If you have a short attention span, and this is just scratching a temporary itch, and/or you want to maximize your bang for the buck in exchange for a couple of significant gameplay differences then grab the pro. Either way, its a great game, especially when setup right (it's more sensitive than most, with the bank shot multiplier up the ramp and the cross ramp).

I will say this, for what its worth. I took the Stern tour last Week. You know what I saw the most of being built? The merc with the mouth. Munsters were almost entirely absent and I saw a few BM66 Catwoman Ed. A lot of Black Knights were being churned out and Deadpools were EVERYWHERE. You, err we, aren't alone in wanting one apparently.

Best of luck with your decision.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Disco ball is great, although those are available aftermarket.

Aftermarket disco balls don't work the same way at all. Functionality is different than the Premium/LE.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Aftermarket disco balls don't work the same way at all. Functionality is different than the Premium/LE.

Ok. Didn't know that. Put another slash in the premium column then.

#31 4 years ago

Personally I would want the orbit and the drops on the prem LE version. I am not sure if there are used premiums out there for a better much better than NIB price. If there are then it's a good value if you can get it at $1200 or less I would say. I want the game to flow. I'm not the greatest player but the ball back into the shooter lane for me is not as good as the game keeping up the pace of play. My 2 cents. Good luck with your decision.

#32 4 years ago

Was flip-flopping on pro/premium, then I made the mistake of playing my friends LE. I just tracked down an LE for myself. Hopefully have it a couple weeks.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

If you have a short attention span, and this is just scratching a temporary itch, and/or you want to maximize your bang for the buck in exchange for a couple of significant gameplay differences then grab the pro. Either way, its a great game

I would love to see Stern put out a 2 "Pro" combo special- DP/BKSoR- for under $10k shipped. I'd be all over that.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

I would love to see Stern put out a 2 "Pro" combo special- DP/BKSoR- for under $10k shipped.

That works out to pretty much exactly distributor cost plus shipping. So, good luck with that.

#35 4 years ago

Obviously would be special promo pricing starting at the factory.... I'm not trying to start anything, just dreaming (and describing one scenario where the Pro would easily win the day for me, plus solve another similar problem I have. Ha)

Although not sure why it has to be sooo far-fetched. Not exactly a novel idea in consumer marketing.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Obviously would be special promo pricing starting at the factory.... I'm not trying to start anything, just dreaming (and describing one scenario where the Pro would easily win the day for me, plus solve another similar problem I have. Ha)
Although not sure why it has to be sooo far-fetched. Not exactly a novel idea in consumer marketing.

I feel you. It came down to BK or Dead for me. At the end of the day I enjoy the longer play times on Deadpool. BK is brutal, however I still love that machine and can see ownership second hand down the road!

#37 4 years ago

DP Premium. Time on earth is limited. Hurry up.

#38 4 years ago

While I think DP is awesome I couldn't tell you the difference in pro vs premium since I haven't played the premium except a few times at last years expo.

However, I'm on the sidelines I want to see how Wonka plays out especially the standard edition. I don't change my line up very often and I have one more pin than normal.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

While I think DP is awesome I couldn't tell you the difference in pro vs premium since I haven't played the premium except a few times at last years expo.
However, I'm on the sidelines I want to see how Wonka plays out especially the standard edition. I don't change my line up very often and I have one more pin than normal.

I have a WOZ - Wonka didn't grab me. If I didn't have a JJP already I would explore it a little deeper. But I am looking for a different style of game play. I would rather of had Pirates, but the wife wanted WOZ - I enjoy it, but you have to be ready to play deep games, it's not just a fun shooter you have to work for your scores lol

3 weeks later
#40 4 years ago

So I have played a pro on location and want this machine. No premiums close enough that I can play . Don't care about drops but the disco ball and the orbit sound cool enough. But enough to justify a premium vs a pro maybe not. Maybe I will flip a coin.....

#41 4 years ago

Ended up with a NIB Premium! I’ve had extensive time on both. I can honestly say if you have the coin get the premium. If you are tight on money get the Pro without a doubt! Both are super fun and the premium edges the pro out!

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So I have played a pro on location and want this machine. No premiums close enough that I can play . Don't care about drops but the disco ball and the orbit sound cool enough. But enough to justify a premium vs a pro maybe not. Maybe I will flip a coin.....

For deadpool there's no maybe, the Premium is the way to go. Iron Maiden is up to personal preference because the two play so differently, but basically for deadpool the Premium is the Pro with more flow (due to the extra ramp), more light effects, drop targets, and three disco modes run with a disco ball. The *experience* on a Deadpool premium is just far superior to the Pro. If you already like the Pro, you will absolutely not be disappointed with the Premium.

2 months later
#43 4 years ago

Ive owned the pro.... Which is great by the way. and I'm now getting ready to upgrade. Definitely the premium here and I'm a pro buyer usually. The drops and the up/down ramp change the game, plus you get the extra disco mode. Also with lil Deadpool 2nd mode I think, you get 20 seconds for super spinners (a million a spin) which ends up your super. If you have the premium you can keep looping the orbit and ripping the dazzler spinner. The premium is a clear winner for those reasons alone aside from the other bells and whistles.

#44 4 years ago

I’m looking at buying a NIB Premium. Was that title also having clear coat issues?

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m looking at buying a NIB Premium. Was that title also having clear coat issues?

Original run, no, but the ink adhesion isn't great in contact areas like the right metal guide at the opening to the katana shot next to Li'l Deadpool. There's a cliffy for that area now.

1 year later
#46 3 years ago

Read this entire post. I had my mind set on the premium but they’re so hard to find. My distro just called me and they are getting a pro so my options are pro or no.

I’m currently waiting for a JP Premium And a GNR LE but I think I’ll pull the trigger on this pro for now Because I really need another pin

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Read this entire post. I had my mind set on the premium but they’re so hard to find. My distro just called me and they are getting a pro so my options are pro or no.
I’m currently waiting for a JP Premium And a GNR LE but I think I’ll pull the trigger on this pro for now Because I really need another pin

Stern is supposedly running pros soon/now and premiums after. I’d wait for what you prefer. I have a premium on order.

#48 3 years ago

I can't cause u don't.

I mean the pre has more stuff and all that but its not needed to really enjoy this game.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Stern is supposedly running pros soon/now and premiums after. I’d wait for what you prefer. I have a premium on order.

I just heard from her as well. Premiums will be following soon.

#50 3 years ago

pro- more difficult
premium/le- easier
pick which one suits you.
i prefer a better challenge personally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convince-me-why-i-need-a-premium-deadpool?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.