image_6.jpg
image_5.jpg
image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0752.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd go Pro. If you're already throwing up 1.9 billion scores on the premium on limited play (largely on account of walker bombs) you may grow tired of the game faster. The Pro plays faster and has better flow and is the more challenging game because it doesn't have any gimmes. Just check out the scoring differential between Pro and LE models. Walker bombs are kind of like the "smart missile" of the DE days. Biggest thing you're missing out on is the lighting.

That was an amazing game that he put up, but my pin was set up easy and a somewhat loose tilt, so it would be very easy for him to make the pin harder if he felt the need to do that. He had other games where he scored well under 100 million, so it's not like every game was epic.

As far as the pro being more challenging, it is in some ways (no Walker Bombs), but it is easier in other ways (no Bicycle Girl to bash, which is a very risky shot on the Prem/LE version, vs the pro where you can just continuously loop the ramp shot).

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I agree with you on these points but the Walker bomb advantage is quite huge! The ability to start a multiball after a sure drain can't be understated.

Definitely.

Like I said in the other thread, he would not have even scored that 357 million X multiplier shot if it was a pro, because he used Walker Bombs to save him from a drain, and it was after that he hit the shot.

Quoted from MikeS:

I do kind of think that adding a 3rd bash toy (bicycle girl) is a bit much and closes off the flow of the game.

I used to think this way but have come around to really like Bicycle Girl. While it is another bash toy, it's only available to bash while her mode is running, and it's a hurry up mode. So it isn't "too much" in my opinion. I like that it's a risky shot, creating risk/reward since you can choose not to shoot her at all, or try and complete the mode to get another Multi-kill and advance towards Horde.

To me the biggest drawback to BG is the fact that it makes the left ramp steeper than the pro, and it's not as smooth. Blocking flow isn't an issue to me, because I'd rather shoot BG than just loop the left ramp repeatedly until the mode is complete. Too easy (the left ramp is the easiest shot in the game other than bashing Well Walker or Prison).

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

And I might warm up to it a bit as well if I played the LE more. I haven't played one with either of the last two code revisions. I just know I've put probably 300-400 plays on a Pro and maybe 20 on the LE and whenever I play the LE the bicycle girl/ramp and crossbow put a sour taste in my mouth. Yes, the bicycle ramp is easily repeatable which makes the mode easy to complete. I think the best solution would have been if they had not made it a lift ramp but rather a pop up "troll walker" target that blocks the ramp.

Agreed, that would have been a great idea to make it a pop up. It would have resolved the issue of the left ramp being at such a high angle on the Prem/LE too.

I don't think the crossbow is ever going to be a feature that I think is really cool. I mean I like the idea of it being Darryl's crossbow, but the implementation isn't very good. Let's just say it's nothing like the Cannon on AC/DC.

1 week later
#67 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I cant stand the translite on the premium. Its just plain boring and drab, if it was better it might make it easier to pay for a prem.

By contrast, I think it's the best of the 3 models.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

BTW, my TWD pro seriosuly kicks ass.

The pin is an ass kicker. I am convinced it's more of a drain monster than any recent Stern. Worse than AC/DC.

1 week later
#89 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the right side of the tunnel shot is different on the pro and Prem/LE. I think on the pro the left side of the right ramp is a ball guide and the Prem/LE is a metal bar. I believe it's more common for the pros to have center drains from the pops feed because of this.

Is this accurate? If so, it would definitely explain the differences in drains from the pops being worse on the pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 26.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convince-me-to-buy-twd-pro?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.