image_6.jpg
image_5.jpg
image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0752.jpg

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I did the quick fix and put the Stern sticker on the lane guide and it never goes SDTM anymore

What sticker is this you speak of? For the Pro?

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is that for a NIB or HUO? Every quote I've seen or heard of has been at least $1500 more to go from Pro to Premium NIB. If anyone is selling NIB Premiums for $5800 delivered please let me know!

I got one from a dealer that it was set up at booth for a day at one of the shows, then put back in box and sent to me. So, got a bit lucky.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yes the pro version suffers from cheap SDTM drains. Not really an issue at all on the LE's.

Ive put about 3.5K plays on my pro, the cheap SDTM drains are a PITA, can anyone say what could be the difference's in this area of the PF design,
this is why 1 of the main reasons you shouldn't consider a pro IMHO

#54 8 years ago

I'd vote LE if it came with new voice work

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

What sticker is this you speak of? For the Pro?

It was in my goody bag, someone else mentioned this in another TWD thread, has worked great for me.

IMG_0752.jpgIMG_0752.jpg

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'd vote LE if it came with new voice work

It does have new voice work, Cleland and Milhouse to the rescue!

Lots of helpful posts in this thread to make my decision. Thanks all! Most pro v prem threads prove to have a good argument for the pro; but that does not seem to be the case with TWD. There has been little evidence in this thread to convince me to go pro.

#57 8 years ago

I would go pro all day, the prem is great but in my opinion not worth the extra $$..

#58 8 years ago

I saw that Cliffy protector for the prison magnet is black. Does anyone know if you can get a clear Cliffy for around the prison magnet?

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

I saw that Cliffy protector for the prison magnet is black. Does anyone know if you can get a clear Cliffy for around the prison magnet?

Ya its called mylar

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Ya its called mylar

LOL fair enough. But where do you get it custom to fit?

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

LOL fair enough. But where do you get it custom to fit?

Just buy a big sheet & cut it to your needs. Ive done this on many games that have magnets.

#62 8 years ago

Yeah I think mylar/light adhesive vinyl is the best option for protecting the PF surrounding the magnet. If you really don't want to cut them out just get these and you can trim as needed.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-MG

#63 8 years ago

I got two of the Carbon fiber materials that go around the magnets and they work great! Contact cliffy and he can hook you up...would work better than the mylar in which you would replace a lot more often.

1 week later
#64 8 years ago

I been on the fence for a while now and will probably
go premie when ready.

#65 8 years ago

Can't go wrong with premium, truly a great machine.

#66 8 years ago

If TWD is a dream theme of yours and you never plan on getting rid of it I'd probably get the premium. I got screwed over cause the premium wasnt announced until after I got my pro and the LE was just too bloody expensive. With that said, I've found my Pro to be pretty much as fun as the LE/prem. If I could do it over it would still be a tough decision between the Pro and Premium though. °°°°side note - I cant stand the translite on the premium. Its just plain boring and drab, if it was better it might make it easier to pay for a prem.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I cant stand the translite on the premium. Its just plain boring and drab, if it was better it might make it easier to pay for a prem.

By contrast, I think it's the best of the 3 models.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

By contrast, I think it's the best of the 3 models.

Well there you go.
Just shows art is so damn subjective.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Well there you go.
Just shows art is so damn subjective.

Tell that to the guys in the GOT thread lol

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Tell that to the guys in the GOT thread lol

Lol. Yeah, but then there is obvious crappy art. People will always have different opinions on good art (thats what makes it awesome), but bad art is usually universal...

#71 8 years ago

BTW, my TWD pro seriosuly kicks ass. Only get the premium if you truly love the theme.

#72 8 years ago

Theme means nothing to me and not a big fan of bash games, but I enjoy playing this one on location.

If you're on the fence...don't be, just buy it. Pro is solid.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

°°°°side note - I cant stand the translite on the premium. Its just plain boring and drab, if it was better it might make it easier to pay for a prem.

That actually put me off for months. I thought the 4 green fish thanks were just too much. I stayed pretty much on the fence for a long while (premium or nothing! no pro for me on this game). Only when the LE got posted recently at sub-premium pricing did I jump and snag it.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

BTW, my TWD pro seriosuly kicks ass.

The pin is an ass kicker. I am convinced it's more of a drain monster than any recent Stern. Worse than AC/DC.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

BTW, my TWD pro seriosuly kicks ass. Only get the premium if you truly love the theme.

I've played the pro on location and really really enjoyed it but...

Quoted from RobT:

The pin is an ass kicker. I am convinced it's more of a drain monster than any recent Stern. Worse than AC/DC.

Like rob said, the ass kicker effect really has me wanting those walker bombs to help relieve the kicks in the nuts this game hands out.

Ultimately, I do have a premium on order. $1500 difference and I wanted the added gameplay features and expanded ruleset. But after playing the pro on location this past time, I'm sure I would have enjoyed the pro just as much.

#76 8 years ago

I played the pro tonight at a arcade.I was trying to figure out why the out lanes were kicking my ass like no other game.

Well,I discovered why!.Stern decided to save a couple bucks and not install posts in front of the outlanes with rubber rings.

Someone at Stern came up with a idea to save some money and at the same time make more money for game operators.

They installed double rubber rings on the original plastic outlanes under the screw that holds the wire form.=Ass Kicking outlane drain fest!.The outlanes sit lower than the slings without the metal posts with rubber rings.

Games that have the metal posts:LOTR,TRON,ACDC,STLE to name a few.

If I bought the pro game for home use.I might drill the playfield myself.And install two posts with rubbers.

If you like screaming F-Bombs every few minutes.Leave the game as is.lol

Does the premium play the same way?.Is the saving grace on the prem the walker bombs?.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I played the pro tonight at a arcade.I was trying to figure out why the out lanes were kicking my ass like no other game.
Well,I discovered why!.Stern decided to save a couple bucks and not install posts in front of the outlanes with rubber rings.
Someone at Stern came up with a idea to save some money and at the same time make more money for game operators.
They installed double rubber rings on the original plastic outlanes under the screw that holds the wire form.=Ass Kicking outlane drain fest!.The outlanes sit lower than the slings without the metal posts with rubber rings.
Games that have the metal posts:LOTR,TRON,ACDC,STLE to name a few.
If I bought the pro game for home use.I might drill the playfield myself.And install two posts with rubbers.
If you like screaming F-Bombs every few minutes.Leave the game as is.lol
Does the premium play the same way?.Is the saving grace on the prem the walker bombs?.

Dr. Who and STTNG, among other games have the same thing, no wussey posts. Nudge or die!

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Im almost thinking they should have included the post on the LE/Prem edition and left as is for pros to go on route.

But whatever, people can mod it, for me personally I want to leave my premium as is but the wife really dislikes the wide outlanes.

I know you can nudge the shit out of it but man, after all my years of football and rugby I just want a fun pastime that I'm not wrenching any body part to just keep a ball in play.

edit---not to mention I have a physical job that Im on tall ladders all day tearing off siding or stretching to paint an extra foot

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im almost thinking they should have included the post on the LE/Prem edition and left as is for pros to go on route.
But whatever, people can mod it, for me personally I want to leave my premium as is but the wife really dislikes the wide outlanes.
I know you can nudge the shit out of it but man, after all my years of football and rugby I just want a fun pastime that I'm not wrenching any body part to just keep a ball in play.
edit---not to mention I have a physical job that Im on tall ladders all day tearing off siding or stretching to paint an extra foot

You need to get this mod. Tailor suited for mrs. Flank

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/save-post-for-twd

#80 8 years ago

Yep, Ive seen it. I should order it just to throw in my coin box for that special day.

Im not judging anyone that has that mod added on but in my head Id always feel that Ive altered the game past original design, I dunno, whatever.....Its only pinball right?

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I played it 20 times in a row tonight.Swearing up a storm.It was a Pinball Refinery #01.Looked great!
Now I am at home and my shoulders are killing me and i am tired at 48 years old.
And i have to say that it wasn't anywhere near as fun as my 4 games at home.Mainly because it is a outlane and center drain monster!

#82 8 years ago

Some pictures of the machine that might have me calling out sick Tommorow.So I can get some rest after that ass kicking nudge fest!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yep, Ive seen it. I should order it just to throw in my coin box for that special day.
Im not judging anyone that has that mod added on but in my head Id always feel that Ive altered the game past original design, I dunno, whatever.....Its only pinball right?

Just get the mod and put it on. If it makes the game more fun for you then who cares if it's not original? And if the game gets too easy when you zero in the shots you can take it off to increase the difficulty. Plus as a added bonus will will get brownie points will Mrs. Flank, and you know what they say, happy wife and you keep your house and cars

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Some pictures of the machine that might have me calling out sick Tommorow.So I can get some rest after that ass kicking nudge fest!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image_3.jpg

That's a sweet looking pro. I really enjoyed the pro as much as the LE. At times I wish I went ahead and got the pro, but the expanded rulesheet and added features give the prem/LE that little extra umph for what's needed in a home use environment.

As for the ass kicking, that's where walker bombs trump the pro; you get a little more out of the game with a little extra thought and strategy so that's a big plus.

Both versions are great though IMO but like a lot of pro owners said or eluded to in that they wish they went with the premium.

#85 8 years ago

Sweet looking pro Pinzzz! I'd like to pick up TWD some day as well, but still cannot decide which model.

#86 8 years ago

I just think the Pro has a better art package. It's a very well playing game for the price. I have a lot of time on a pro, and a little on the premium. Besides the light show I wouldn't consider spending the extra cash.

#87 8 years ago

There's no difference in drain behaviour between LE and pro.. some LE and Pro machines have it, others not.

A good tuned twd shouldn't have it.

1 week later
#88 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

There's no difference in drain behaviour between LE and pro

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the right side of the tunnel shot is different on the pro and Prem/LE. I think on the pro the left side of the right ramp is a ball guide and the Prem/LE is a metal bar. I believe it's more common for the pros to have center drains from the pops feed because of this.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the right side of the tunnel shot is different on the pro and Prem/LE. I think on the pro the left side of the right ramp is a ball guide and the Prem/LE is a metal bar. I believe it's more common for the pros to have center drains from the pops feed because of this.

Is this accurate? If so, it would definitely explain the differences in drains from the pops being worse on the pro.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convince-me-to-buy-twd-pro/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.