Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

TNA, but I haven't played it yet.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Played TNA at the MGC and did like it but one thing I didn't like is the separation of the upper and lower half of the playfield. It felt like most of the time I was only playing the lower half or vice versa. Was wishing there was a more open way to shoot up the playfield and not play the half court style that separation seemed to create. Am I the only one that doesn't like this about the game? May be that I just didn't play it enough...

No I think that's a fair reason to not enjoy TNA. The split playfield design makes it play super fast, but if that's not what your into then there are certainly other games. To make it even harder, you're often playing those during multiball.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Played TNA at the MGC and did like it but one thing I didn't like is the separation of the upper and lower half of the playfield. It felt like most of the time I was only playing the lower half or vice versa. Was wishing there was a more open way to shoot up the playfield and not play the half court style that separation seemed to create. Am I the only one that doesn't like this about the game? May be that I just didn't play it enough...

(in Steve Ritchie voice) - "PLAY BETTER!"

If you are going after reactors you'll spend a fair amount of time up their. Also try to plunge in their at the start of a ball. The skill shot is not a huge amount of points but if you get the super skill shot (don't move the lane after plunging) it will get your next reactor ready. Pretty valuable.

MB being so easy to achieve is the only real negative I have with the game.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Shh, you're not allowed to question the groupthink here.

Oh, crap you're right! I totally forgot, don't want to upset the masses!

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Oh, crap you're right! I totally forgot, don't want to upset the masses!

It's ok not to like TNA guys. No harm in that. The game will not be for everyone.

As for the AC/DC vs TNA thing, get an AC/DC as they are available right now. It's a fun game, but totally different than TNA. There is a decent wait for TNAs at the moment. If you decide youwant to get a TNA, just get one later before the last call on the run, which I think should not be for a while.
--Scott

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

It's ok not to like TNA guys. No harm in that. The game will not be for everyone.

If they only knew the public shaming I've had to deal with hating ACDC around here

Edit: finally get to play TNA today!!

#57 5 years ago

As for the AC/DC vs TNA thing, get an AC/DC as they are available right now. It's a fun game, but totally different than TNA. There is a decent wait for TNAs at the moment. If you decide youwant to get a TNA, just get one later before the last call on the run, which I think should not be for a while.
--Scott

That's because you're one of the few reasonable people here Scott. This place is a piranha feeding frenzy when there's a dissenting opinion, you know that. By the way I like TNA.

#58 5 years ago

--Scott

Will #2000 have a etched signature on a "Scott Danesi is Awesome!" plaque? There are rumors in certain circles...

Brad

#59 5 years ago

--Scott

Scott, you are indisputably the coolest cat in the industry.

*tip of the hat*

#60 5 years ago

This is the easiest answer I have ever had to deliver to a pinhead. Get ACDC! There are so many ways to play the game. These people who say you will get sick of it did not learn the rules. I had it for years and never got sick of it.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Medusa is one of my favorite games and plays exactly like you describe. When I want to be in the lower half I am, when I want to be in the upper half, I am.

I only got half a dozen games on TNA the other day and that is all i needed to know i wanted it. Game is incredible fun.

#62 5 years ago

No opinion on TNA, haven’t played it. Will highly recommend AC/DC, as it is the lone Stern game nested in with our “A” title Bally Williams collection. If you’re even considering AC/DC then you’re a fan of the band. You will not be disappointed. Screw the politics, and get a spare trans light with Bon Scott prominently displayed. Upgrade the speakers and rock the f out!

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If they only knew the public shaming I've had to deal with hating ACDC around here
Edit: finally get to play TNA today!!

Imagine if someone trashed Bob Seger. Wouldn’t that cause you to get your hackles up? AC/DC fans are extremely loyal!

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Tbachli:

Imagine if someone trashed Bob Seger. Wouldn’t that cause you to get your hackles up? AC/DC fans are extremely loyal!

Who is Bob Seger?

#66 5 years ago

Bob Segar Melloncamp

Is he like Jay-Z or Drake?

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Is he like Jay-Z or Drake?

Who are Jay-z and Drake ?

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Who are Jay-z and Drake ?

#70 5 years ago

Definately buy a huo acdc, play it till your done and by then there should be huo tna's

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Definately buy a huo acdc, play it till your done and by then there should be huo tna's

That ^^^

#72 5 years ago

Waited a few days to see the responses to me thread. Glad to see it sparked a bit more debate than I was expecting. But looks like the choice is clear. AC/DC

Now to find one (non-luci), or a distributor with with one left sitting around.

Thanks everyone for chiming in.

#73 5 years ago

AcDc is far superior, tea is ok if you want an old school game with new feel

#74 5 years ago

I wanted a acdc for a while

But I'd rather have a tna in my collection at the moment

#75 5 years ago

--Scott

Only Scott can avoid downvotes for saying it's ok to not like TNA. The fervor of support he has for his game is amazing.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Only Scott can avoid downvotes for saying it's ok to not like TNA. The fervor of support he has for his game is amazing.

It's fine to not like TNA!

It's pretty simple I think:

A) It's really fun, something that seems to be lost sometimes in all the stupid back and forth talk about games. Fun is good, it makes for happy players!

B) It's a wonderful success story, a member of the community building a real game, with an original theme, and no drama or bullshit or people screwed. Spooky is the kind of company you want to support. If the game isn't right (I dropped off the RZ list for instance) then it's not right, but if it's a great game, and the story behind it is also great? That's a good combo.

C) Nothing else plays like it, it's original in feel, it's not "grindy" which can really make it compliment a collection, it's got a kick ass sound system, great RGB light show, the 7 segment displays in the backbox and the playfield are very cool touches, integrated beacon means a game that ships by default with a topper, there's a full package there.

All of this means the buyers are enthusiastic and happy and down to be vocal about it. People are happy to be honest about it too, it's got some little flaws, the LCD viewing angle isn't great, the power supply fan is kinda loud, but they're pretty minor.

But then there's one last bit:

D) There are some players who are ... I'm not gonna call them ignorant, but let's say they're inexperienced, and don't really understand how to process a pinball that doesn't have ramps. It's kind of ridiculous really, they're like people who recently got into video games and bought a PlayStation 4, it's what they know, and they can't understand how any game that's not rendered in 3D can be fun. And they're vocal about it, and some of them are pretty nasty with the attitudes.

I think you get a little bit of a defensive tone from TNA owners and enthusiasts because of the D people. It's fine to not like it! Or just think it's okay. Or fun, but in limited amounts and you wouldn't want to own it. Whatever your opinion is, that's fine. But sometime the dismissing comes off as the "lol no ramps" foolishness, and it's just dumb, and it deserves to get pushpack.

I hope TNA leads to more people experimenting. I've long advocated for modern takes on early solid state style games, we need more. Variety is good for the hobby, it's healthy. Don't be a jerk about it, it must makes you look like you don't understand much about pinball.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's fine to not like TNA!
It's pretty simple I think:
A) It's really fun, something that seems to be lost sometimes in all the stupid back and forth talk about games. Fun is good, it makes for happy players!
B) It's a wonderful success story, a member of the community building a real game, with an original theme, and no drama or bullshit or people screwed. Spooky is the kind of company you want to support. If the game isn't right (I dropped off the RZ list for instance) then it's not right, but if it's a great game, and the story behind it is also great? That's a good combo.
C) Nothing else plays like it, it's original in feel, it's not "grindy" which can really make it compliment a collection, it's got a kick ass sound system, great RGB light show, the 7 segment displays in the backbox and the playfield are very cool touches, integrated beacon means a game that ships by default with a topper, there's a full package there.
All of this means the buyers are enthusiastic and happy and down to be vocal about it. People are happy to be honest about it too, it's got some little flaws, the LCD viewing angle isn't great, the power supply fan is kinda loud, but they're pretty minor.
But then there's one last bit:
D) There are some players who are ... I'm not gonna call them ignorant, but let's say they're inexperienced, and don't really understand how to process a pinball that doesn't have ramps. It's kind of ridiculous really, they're like people who recently got into video games and bought a PlayStation 4, it's what they know, and they can't understand how any game that's not rendered in 3D can be fun. And they're vocal about it, and some of them are pretty nasty with the attitudes.
I think you get a little bit of a defensive tone from TNA owners and enthusiasts because of the D people. It's fine to not like it! Or just think it's okay. Or fun, but in limited amounts and you wouldn't want to own it. Whatever your opinion is, that's fine. But sometime the dismissing comes off as the "lol no ramps" foolishness, and it's just dumb, and it deserves to get pushpack.
I hope TNA leads to more people experimenting. I've long advocated for modern takes on early solid state style games, we need more. Variety is good for the hobby, it's healthy. Don't be a jerk about it, it must makes you look like you don't understand much about pinball.

Idk if that last part about being a jerk is directed at me, but I didnt say anything negative about TNA, nor have I ever on this forum.

Your fervor for Scott's game is amazing. Clearly anybody that doesnt like TNA just, "Doesn't get it." That point has been made ad nauseum.

It's a fun game to play and I'm so happy for Scott Danesi. To turn a homebrew project into a produced game is something everybody should applaud and be proud of.

What has been polarizing about this game is the hype from enthusiasts. I think there is some unfair animosity towards TNA because there are so many people (some who haven't even played it) who act like it's the best game to come out in years (much further than saying it's a breath of fresh air).

Equally, the animosity shown for the folks that say it's not their cup of tea is unfair.

I agree with you. The extremists for and against it are making others dig in deeper to attack or defend it. It's turned political and that has turned a lot of the non-extremist people (like me) off to commenting what they really think about it.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Idk if that last part about being a jerk is directed at me

Not at all. The guy on page 1 who said something like TNA is an attempt at a pinball machine sounded like a jerk for instance, that's why he got downvoted. That's just ignorant haterism.

And TNA is the best game to come out in years IMHO. Happiest I've been with a new game since Metallica, and I only got that after a lot of code updates. If people are turned off by people being excited then I dunno what to say. I'm sure as hell not going to apologize for thinking that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convince-me-tna-or-acdc/page/2?hl=tbachli and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.