IMG_6496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I have what I think is a decent BoP playfield. Problems are faded/planking white areas and grey areas that have yellow spots. I'm considering trying to fix these areas on my own as my first playfield restoration, and then trying spraymax 2k. Am I underestimating how hard it will be to repaint all of the white and grey areas? I don't really want to screw up a decent playfield, but the repaint on this one seems doable, basically just with frisket and an airbrush. Let me know if I'm crazy. Thanks

IMG_6490 (resized).jpegIMG_6490 (resized).jpegIMG_6491 (resized).jpegIMG_6491 (resized).jpegIMG_6492 (resized).jpegIMG_6492 (resized).jpegIMG_6493 (resized).jpegIMG_6493 (resized).jpegIMG_6494 (resized).jpegIMG_6494 (resized).jpegIMG_6495 (resized).jpegIMG_6495 (resized).jpegIMG_6496 (resized).jpegIMG_6496 (resized).jpegIMG_6497 (resized).jpegIMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

If you are handy with frisket and an airbrush, go for it.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#3 4 years ago

I agree with ChrisHibler.

You might start on an area under plastics. If it turns out good. Party on.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago

Black, gray, and white shouldn't be too hard to color match, since all you will be doing is mixing black and white (and possibly gray if you also buy that color). And if you're painting the whole area, a perfect match won't be critical.

Other colors, however, may be significantly more difficult to color match.

#5 4 years ago

I think the hardest part will be cutting around all the text, and the worker astronauts on the grey areas near the hearts. I'd try to lighten up the grey with magic eraser first to see if I could avoid having to repaint that part. All the white looks easy enough.

-Paul

#6 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. I tried to erase the yellowing on the grey areas with magic eraser but it wouldn't come off. I didn't even think about cutting around the letters in the grey areas. I just saw those big areas of grey and forgot about the details that DON'T get repainted.

3 months later
#7 3 years ago

Did you end up with a finished PF, or did this project kick the bucket? Asking because I just bought a "players" BoP and am considering the same route you mention above. Let me know, thanks!

DLO

MVIMG_20200702_172235 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200702_172235 (resized).jpg
#8 3 years ago

I bought a repro BoP playfield and now have 2 players' playfields plus a bunch of parts (decided to upgrade/replace almost everything). If you're looking for something specific, I may have parts to sell. I also have a restoration thread started but it's taking me a long time to get it done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convince-me-i-can-do-this-or-not-bride-of-pinbot?hl=boslaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.