2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Jmckune
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

After reading numerous topics on it, I just wanted some clarification from those that have done it...

I was simply going to:

Order a system 11 rebuild kit;

Forgo the included system 11 pawl assemblies and order seperate left and right WPC style flipper pawl with plunger and link assemblies to replace them;

Ditch the system 11 conical springs, and attach WPC style return springs in their place after drilling a hole in the retainer bracket.

Am I correct in my logic here?

Also, are the coil stops for later system 11 games (in my case, Taxi), the same as WPC style stops (which I believe there are two styles of to make it more confusing)?

The reason I ask is because I have a couple WPC rebuild kits in my toolbox for fliptronic 2, (as well as the appropriate high power switches for system 11's), and I want to be sure the flipper throw and angle matches the original to the game.

Thanks in advance!

#2 2 years ago

I haven't tried this myself. You should read vid1900's guide to flipper upgrades.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

#3 2 years ago

Correct, mostly. I follow what VID uses in that thread on any I do.

Get the correct sys 11 kit and than order the return springs and spring tabs that hold the spring on one end. Drill the 1/16” hole for the other end. Trash the conical or give to a friend.

Quoted from Grandnational007:

Ditch the system 11 conical springs, and attach WPC style return springs in their place after drilling a hole in the retainer bracket.
    Am I correct in my logic here?!

#4 2 years ago

Double post

#5 2 years ago

I spoke to Marco, and they seem to think that the included flipper pawl with plunger and link assemblies that come in the system 11 kit ARE IDENTICAL to the ones that come in the newer WPC rebuild kits.

If anyone has received a system 11 rebuild kit recently, can you confirm that the included plunger and link assembly includes the newer style WPC pawl with the spring lever in place?

#6 2 years ago

I don't know where I got it from but I have gotten some system 11 kits in the past that came with the spring attachment.

There are actually 3 types of coil stops that can be used (different heights). You'll probably want to keep using whatever one is listed in your manual (which is presumably what will come in the sys11 kit)

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I don't know where I got it from but I have gotten some system 11 kits in the past that came with the spring attachment.
    There are actually 3 types of coil stops that can be used (different heights). You'll probably want to keep using whatever one is listed in your manual (which is presumably what will come in the sys11 kit)

I have too and it’s usually been Marco but can’t confirm as usually people provide them to me.

#8 2 years ago

The reason I ask is because I have a couple WPC rebuild kits in my toolbox for fliptronic 2, (as well as the appropriate high power switches for system 11's), and I want to be sure the flipper throw and angle matches the original to the game.

The coil stops in WPC changed midway through the run, sometime around Twilight Zone. So your rebuild kits may or may not have the correct coil stops.

#9 2 years ago

I spoke to Marco, and they seem to think that the included flipper pawl with plunger and link assemblies that come in the system 11 kit ARE IDENTICAL to the ones that come in the newer WPC rebuild kits.
    If anyone has received a system 11 rebuild kit recently, can you confirm that the included plunger and link assembly includes the newer style WPC pawl with the spring lever in place?

They should be the same. I’ve ordered from Marco for rebuild kits and they included both the attachment for the WPC spring and both springs so you can choose conical or WPC style. Only difference is the bracket where the capacitor is at does not have a hole for WPC style spring unless you drill.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-system-11-flippers-to-wpc?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.